Metal Storm logo
Accept - More Tour Dates Announced

Reformed heavy metal legends Accept have announced more live dates:

May 08 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater
May 11 - Vilnius, Lithuania - Forum Palace
May 14 - Moscow, Russia - B1 Maximum
May 15 - St. Petersburg, Russia - Lensoveta Theater
May 18 - Helsinki, Finland - Virgin Oil Co.
May 20 - Stockholm, Sweden - Debaser Slussen
May 22 - Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Rock Hard Festival
May 23 - Uden, The Netherlands - De Pul
May 24 - Paris, France - Le Bataclan
May 26 - London, UK - Islington O2 Academy
Sept 09 - USA, Atlanta, GA - ProgPower USA Kick-Off

The remaining dates and locations will be announced within the next few days.

Blood Of The Nations is the first Accept studio album in over a decade and the first to feature Mark Tornillo on vocals (the line-up will not include Udo Dirkschneider and Stefan Kaufmann, as some rumors on the internet say). It was recorded over the winter of 2009-2010 at Backstage Studio in Derbyshire, England with celebrated British producer, Sabbat guitarist and long-time Accept fan Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Nevermore). It is currently scheduled for an April release.

Wolf sums it up plain and simple: "Something amazing has happened. We seem to have been transformed from one world into another... these new songs simply bursted out of a vault that has been locked up for too long! We're not sure where Blood of the Nations and all this new excitement will ultimately take us; we only know one thing: We never had it this good!"

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Accept
Event: Accept
Posted: 19.03.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 38 users
19.03.2010 - 17:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
no direct flights to Vilnius

ARRHHH please announce more dates!
19.03.2010 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 19.03.2010 at 17:14

Why would you want to see this Accept cover band? This is no Accept. How can it be Accept without Udo.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2010 - 19:54
NortheRnmost

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2010 at 19:33

Why would you want to see this Accept cover band? This is no Accept. How can it be Accept without Udo.

and without Stefan Kaufmann, and without Jörg Fischer... come on! Okay Udo is THE voice but for me Accept is Wolf Hoffmann. I missed the gig in Tuska few years back (shame on me) and this is the second best thing after the original lineup, and gonna see it this time. Hoffmann, Baltes and Frank are all great. "One ticket to Virgin Oil, please."
19.03.2010 - 22:21
Symmachus

From New York to Lithuania in three days? That's quite a leap.
19.03.2010 - 22:35
parallax

No Udo, no care.
19.03.2010 - 23:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2010 at 19:33

Written by Valentin B on 19.03.2010 at 17:14

: well, not many of us had the luck to see one of our favorite german heavy metal bands on stage with their golden age vocalist(no, i hadn't even heard in 2005 about the band, much less the fact that they were on some kind of a farewell tour and even moreso that they played their last show of the tour in Kavarna, 300 km from me), which will also most probably never happen again given that Udo has said many, many times he's done with Accept, a fact confirmed by Wolf himself.

so between three choices:
-the band now known as Accept(without Udo but with a decent vocalist replacement) playing only Accept songs old and new
-U.D.O. playing the band's compositions plus 7-8 Accept songs but without Wolf (including atrocities such as X-T-C, Burning, and I'm A Rebel which mean absolutely nothing compared to their best songs)
-not seeing either band supposedly since Accept is nothing without Udo and Udo's renditions of Accept songs is nothing without Wolf and the rest of the band...

i'll choose the first one any day of the week.

on a side note, do you/any other old time metalstormer around here have any idea why Udo and Accept have this strange fascination with Russia and Japan?
20.03.2010 - 01:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 19.03.2010 at 23:56

on a side note, do you/any other old time metalstormer around here have any idea why Udo and Accept have this strange fascination with Russia and Japan?

No idea at all. I myself wondered about that at the time they started their fascination cause nothing beofre that time hinted at that. But then I lost interest in Accept afetr Restless & Wild. I at the time already thought Balls To The Wall was a total sell-out album
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.03.2010 - 01:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.03.2010 at 01:39

No idea at all. I myself wondered about that at the time they started their fascination cause nothing beofre that time hinted at that. But then I lost interest in Accept afetr Restless & Wild. I at the time already thought Balls To The Wall was a total sell-out album

i guess it's like Manowar with Bulgaria, Agalloch with Romania or Haggard with Mexico(though i'm not entirely sure about this last one), they just made themselves look better with the people of a certain country in order for better album sales lol. genius move.
20.03.2010 - 02:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 20.03.2010 at 01:56

i guess it's like Manowar with Bulgaria...

you certainly got that one mixed up with Germany. Cause Germany is the only country in the world where they sell out every single gig and where people really believe in Ma*****'s drivel and marketing tricjs. They be relatively popular in Bulgaria, but they ARE HUGE in Germany.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.03.2010 - 13:58
NortheRnmost

Or what is it with Udos fascination towards balls and singing about same sex? (Balls to the wall, Desperate Balls / Take him in my heart, Love child)
20.03.2010 - 20:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by NortheRnmost on 20.03.2010 at 13:58

Or what is it with Udos fascination towards balls and singing about same sex? (Balls to the wall, Desperate Balls / Take him in my heart, Love child)

Don't forget London Leatherboys
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2950 | This month: 2