Metal Storm logo
Soilwork - N. American Tour With Death Angel

Soilwork have confirmed a headlining North American tour for the summer. Support will come from Death Angel, Augury, Mutiny Within, and tour sluts Swashbuckle. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Jul. 14 - Jaxx - W. Springfield, VA
Jul. 15 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Jul. 16 - The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
Jul. 17 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Jul. 18 - FouFounes Electriques - Montreal, QC
Jul. 19 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Jul. 20 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Jul. 21 - Blondie's - Detroit, MI
Jul. 22 - Reggies Rock Club - Chicago, IL
Jul. 23 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
Jul. 24 - The Rock - Maplewood, MN
Jul. 27 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Jul. 28 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC
Jul. 29 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
Jul. 30 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA
Jul. 31 - The Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
Aug. 01 - Ramona Mainstage - Ramona, CA
Aug. 02 - The Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ
Aug. 03 - The Rock - Tucson, AZ
Aug. 05 - Emo's - Austin, TX
Aug. 06 - Ridglea Theater - Ft. Worth, TX
Aug. 07 - Meridian - Houston, TX
Aug. 09 - The Club at Firestone - Orlando, FL
Aug. 10 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC
Aug. 11 - Headliner's Music Hall - Louisville, KY
Aug. 12 - Gil's Bar and Grill - Virginia Beach, VA
Aug. 13 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD
Aug. 14 - Diesel Nightclub - Pittsburgh, PA
Aug. 15 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Soilwork vocalist Bjorn "Speed" Strid commented: "We are stoked to tour with the most vicious thrashers from the west, famous for their gin drinking and intense live shows. Death Angel is a classic band that we've wanted to tour with for a long time. A perfect fit for the bill and surely an awesome touring companion. The summer of mosh is upon us. Don't miss out!"

Death Angel frontman Mark Osegueda added: "I can't begin to tell you how excited we are about the upcoming tour! I first heard Soilwork on a Nuclear Blast promo compilation and they stood out from the first listen. The riffs, the drumming, and Bjorn's vocal attack! Then we were fortunate enough to play with them at With Full Force Festival a few years back and they killed it live! As fate would have it, I was asked to participate in a Nuclear Blast 20 Year Anniversary compilation album called Out of the Dark, which Peter Wichers wrote the music for. I wrote the lyrics and melody for a song on that compilation called 'My Name is Fate'! Peter actually was also the producer, so I was fortunate enough to get to work with him in the studio! What a brilliant guy and and a great musician and now that he is back in the fold Soilwork is back on top of their game. I think the musical styles and live performances of both bands will make every show on this tour a show not to be missed by any true fan of HEAVY music! So don't just hear about the aftermath, experience it for yourself!"

Augury lead singer/guitar player Patrick Loisel: "We are very proud to be part of such a great tour with Soilwork, perform alongside legends such as Death Angel (a band whom I covered in my old bands), and join our brothers in Swashbuckle again. It's quite a thrill!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Soilwork
Event: Soilwork + Death Angel
Posted: 19.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 61 users
20.03.2010 - 01:15
Symmachus

I laughed out loud in the literal sense when Swashbuckle was prefaced with the term "tour sluts". XD (I rarely use that picture text variant, but I felt like it was an opportune time here).
20.03.2010 - 01:59
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Symmachus on 20.03.2010 at 01:15

I laughed out loud in the literal sense when Swashbuckle was prefaced with the term "tour sluts". XD (I rarely use that picture text variant, but I felt like it was an opportune time here).

Same here
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 2606 | This month: 5