Metal Storm logo
October Tide - Sign With Candlelight Records

Official press release

Candlelight Records today confirms the worldwide signing of October Tide. The band featuring guitarist Fredrick Norrman, vocalist Tobias Netzell, drummer Robin Bergh, and session bassist Jonas Kjellgren (Scar Symmetry, Carnal Forge) is currently finishing work on their still untitled new album. Expected for release early fall, it will be the first new recording from the band in over ten years. It follows recent reissue of the band's acclaimed debut Rain Without End.

Formed in 1995 by then Katatonia guitarist Norrman and Katatonia/Bloodbath vocalist Jonas Renkse, October Tide quickly made a mark with two albums recorded and released during the years 1997 and 1999. Much of the band's music was written during a short break up of Katatonia which later proved only temporary as the band would reform and continues today; their latest album Night Of The New Day features work by Norrman. October Tide would not perform live during this short period of activity and few interviews with the members were granted despite praise from both media and fans. The band, until reforming in late 2009, would maintain a cult status throughout the doom/metal community.

Decibel Magazine calls Rain Without End "a peculiar album. It reminds of past and future Katatonia albums yet, it's entirely unique in vibe and riff assembly. October Tide's slow to mid-paced doom/death stuns... Renkse and Norrman using counterpoint, build/release tension and melody to peerless effect". EBlogger Lonely Ghost Transmissions on its 2008 review of the album's European re-release says, "Rain Without End is without a doubt the greatest doom-death metal album ever".

Candlelight Records is distributed exclusively in the United States by Caroline Distribution, EMI Music for Canada, and Plastichead Music for the rest of the world.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: October Tide
Posted: 24.03.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 59 users
24.03.2010 - 20:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hopefully their new material is more along the lines of Rain Without End. Regardless, I look forward to it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.03.2010 - 21:18
Dexter_prog

OMG, I thought the band was dead
24.03.2010 - 23:32
Symmachus

Hey, so I guess October Tide has reunited? That is awesome; I want to hear their new material, then. I didn't know this was happening until I read this.
24.03.2010 - 23:57
distorted rage

This certainly is a bit of good news!
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
25.03.2010 - 00:49
the stranger

This is excellent.
25.03.2010 - 00:54
Zuzuz0r

Wow, didn't expected them to come back, it will be interesting to hear something new by them.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
25.03.2010 - 06:10
INÆRIS

Alright! Good stuff will happen.
----
Still Life, Still Death
25.03.2010 - 17:06
Carrion Misery

Saw their name every where for years and finally started listening to them a few months ago. Crazy how they got back together as I recently said it sucks they aren't together anymore. Can't wait to hear this.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
25.03.2010 - 17:42
JÄY
Metal slave
"The band featuring guitarist Fredrick Norrman, vocalist Tobias Netzell, drummer Robin Bergh, and session bassist Jonas Kjellgren"

Jonas Renkse isnt going to be a part of this?
26.03.2010 - 13:48
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by JÄY on 25.03.2010 at 17:42

"The band featuring guitarist Fredrick Norrman, vocalist Tobias Netzell, drummer Robin Bergh, and session bassist Jonas Kjellgren"

Yeah I wondered that myself. Perhaps he's too busy with Katatonia.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
14.09.2010 - 04:44
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Raiden on 26.03.2010 at 13:48

Seems like one chose Katatonia and the other went on with October Tide... Did they fight or something?
----
Bitch! Please
16.09.2010 - 08:22
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by iaberis on 14.09.2010 at 04:44

Written by Raiden on 26.03.2010 at 13:48

Seems like one chose Katatonia and the other went on with October Tide... Did they fight or something?

Dunno man, not that I know of.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)

Hits total: 2692 | This month: 4