12. Godless Truth [demo] [limited re-release bonus]
13. Resuscitation Of Evilness [demo] [limited re-release bonus]
14. Powerstruggle Of Belief [demo] [limited re-release bonus]
15. Countess Bathory [Venom cover] [live] [limited re-release bonus]
16. Incantation Of Restoration [live] [limited re-release bonus]

Staff review by
Lucas
Rating:
Convulse is one of those bands that's capable of being completely unknown and legendary at the same time. Unknown to almost the entire known population of the Milky Way, legendary among the few appreciators of the Finnish (Nokia) Death metal scene. World Without God is their gem.

It's '92 when World Without God is released and although I'm not sure of the exact release date, I'm pretty sure I spent most of the particular day pooping my diapers, delicately placing my meals everywhere but in my mouth and generally annoying the crap out of my parents in as many different ways as possible. Good times.

Read more ››
published 02.03.2010 | Comments (11)

Hailing from the legendary underground scene of Nokia, Finland, is Convulse. World Without God is their masterpiece, a spaced-out piece of old school Death metal. Now re-released by Relapse Records with the Resuscitation Of Evilness! If you're a fan of old school Death metal or of cult spaced-out extreme music, don't miss out!

Lucas's picks | More picks ››

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 39   Visited by: 258 users
24.03.2010 - 23:31
Don Martin
le fu-
Holy crap, I gotta get this. Saw it in the record store but bought a Sodom cd instead, I'd give away all my records to get this one
----
What a tackastrophe!
12.12.2014 - 10:31
Rating: 5
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Don Martin on 24.03.2010 at 23:31

Holy crap, I gotta get this. Saw it in the record store but bought a Sodom cd instead, I'd give away all my records to get this one

So you've also given away the Sodom's you just bought for this album ? Holy Crap.
12.12.2014 - 10:32
Dr. Strawberry

Very Overrated.
I don't how did this album become famous among underground death metal fans. I think there was a story behind which I had missed out.
14.12.2014 - 21:03
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.12.2014 at 10:32

Very Overrated.
I don't how did this album become famous among underground death metal fans. I think there was a story behind which I had missed out.

The story is that it's one of the greatest death metal albums from the 90's. That's it. I don't see how anyone who likes death metal could dislike this.
15.12.2014 - 07:43
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Alex F on 14.12.2014 at 21:03

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.12.2014 at 10:32

Very Overrated.

The story is that it's one of the greatest death metal albums from the 90's. That's it. I don't see how anyone who likes death metal could dislike this.

Quite similar to Death's albums always praised by people but those really liked and bought it are really handful.
To me it sounds super light due to the bad bass performance, drums are slow and monotonous. Please let us know what is good in there, I really didn't hear anything impressive.
15.12.2014 - 21:06
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 15.12.2014 at 07:43

Quite similar to Death's albums always praised by people but those really liked and bought it are really handful.
To me it sounds super light due to the bad bass performance, drums are slow and monotonous. Please let us know what is good in there, I really didn't hear anything impressive.

If you hate this album, you must hate good quality death metal anyway. Try another genre.
15.12.2014 - 21:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I like that he thinks that not many people like Death and that people don't buy their albums, even though they've sold over 3 million of them. I want to visit his dimension some time.
15.12.2014 - 21:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Maybe in Singapore, but certainly not in Europe or the US. Loads of people liked it (and , nop, not only metal journalists) and bought the crap out out of it. Death had loads of sold out tours at the time here in Europe. Mmmmm, they were so unliked that they played in front of more than 60,000 people at Dynamo Open Air.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2014 - 21:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.12.2014 at 21:07

I want to visit his dimension some time.

I think Lewis Carroll would even be amazed y God Buster's dimension...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2014 - 22:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2014 at 21:46

He doesn't live in Singapore btw. I forget where, but he inadvertently revealed where he was from on here once, and it wasn't Singapore.
15.12.2014 - 22:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.12.2014 at 22:27

He doesn't live in Singapore btw. I forget where, but he inadvertently revealed where he was from on here once, and it wasn't Singapore.

You mean th Malaysian guy? Well almost one and the same regarding popularity of certain bands
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2014 - 22:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Lustful Maid I mean.

But his thoughts on stuff wasn't as totally off the wall (even though it was quite far-fetched) as God Buster's
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2014 - 23:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2014 at 22:49

Lustful Maid I mean.

But his thoughts on stuff wasn't as totally off the wall (even though it was quite far-fetched) as God Buster's

God Buster somehow seems to get more ridiculous the more he comments. I thought people were supposed to get a better understanding of things you more they learn something...
16.12.2014 - 10:40
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2014 at 22:47

You mean th Malaysian guy? Well almost one and the same regarding popularity of certain bands

Singapore and Malaysia are next to each other, probably due to the density of the air we breath is very close that made us having similar taste in music. I was surprised to know that you did help me to search someone who has similar taste to me. Thanks for your effort.

I am very interested to know him, may I know what is his nickname at Metalstorm ?
16.12.2014 - 10:48
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2014 at 21:45

...certainly not in Europe or the US. Loads of people liked it...

Checked all the websites and comments Around The World...the only website that gave Death's highest credits is Metalstorm.
16.12.2014 - 10:56
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 15.12.2014 at 21:07

I like that he thinks that not many people like Death and that people don't buy their albums, even though they've sold over 3 million of them. I want to visit his dimension some time.

3 million ? Where did you get the figure ? Total sales of all albums ? In one year or the total in the past 30 years ?
You receive a pay check at USD 1,000 everyday is a lot, if you received a total of USD 1,000 in the past 10 years is very little. Be Specific.
See who is not logical
16.12.2014 - 11:08
Dr. Strawberry

People started to probe where did I come from. Holy shit ! My comments are so damn influential and I am somebody now. Illham always reminded me that I was not important, now I know it's not true
16.12.2014 - 11:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 16.12.2014 at 10:56

3 million ? Where did you get the figure ? Total sales of all albums ? In one year or the total in the past 30 years ?
You receive a pay check at USD 1,000 everyday is a lot, if you received a total of USD 1,000 in the past 10 years is very little. Be Specific.
See who is not logical

Do your own research.

you are an incredible idiot on a massive scale. It's blatantly clear I meant lifetime sales, and it's widely considered that Death are the biggest selling death metal band of all time. Any metal band selling 3 million albums, especially an extreme metal one, is an enormous amount of albums shifted. It doesn't matter when they were sold, it's still 3 million at the end of the day.

You said:

Quote:

History says:

Quote:
"Death has sold over three million albums worldwide, and one million in the United States (excluding the sales before the Nielsen SoundScan era). The group is considered the best-selling death metal band on a global level."

Once again it's shows you have absolutely no idea of the things you are talking about and pulling facts out of thin air. It's clear to me that you will shift and change what you say to suit your meaning though as you are a cowardly forum dweller with no interest in fact and sensible discussion
16.12.2014 - 11:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 16.12.2014 at 11:08

My comments are so damn influential

No, just so monumentality retarded that you are easy to remember across multiple accounts
16.12.2014 - 11:35
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 16.12.2014 at 11:12

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 16.12.2014 at 10:56

See who is not logical

you are an incredible idiot on a massive scale. It's blatantly clear I meant lifetime sales, and it's widely considered that Death are the biggest selling death metal band of all time...It doesn't matter when they were sold, it's still 3 million at the end of the day.

Hold !
Cannibal Corpse is the one hold the record in the sales of extreme metal.
Show me the proof and stop calling people idiot, people know who is the real idiot if there is no proof provided by you. Please, Death's sales are always not that good.

"...It doesn't matter when they were sold, it's still 3 million at the end of the day."??
Totally illogical ! Btw congratulations ! You could be the best employee of the universe ! Because your boss only pay you at the end of your day.
16.12.2014 - 11:42
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 16.12.2014 at 11:14

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 16.12.2014 at 11:08

My comments are so damn influential

No, just so monumentality retarded that you are easy to remember across multiple accounts

I don't know why did you always say that I have multiple accounts...what is the purpose of having so many accounts ?
I think the web hoster can identify my IP address and let you know if it's true.
16.12.2014 - 11:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 16.12.2014 at 11:35

Hold !
Cannibal Corpse is the one hold the record in the sales of extreme metal.
Show me the proof and stop calling people idiot, people know who is the real idiot if there is no proof provided by you. Please, Death's sales are always not that good.

"...It doesn't matter when they were sold, it's still 3 million at the end of the day."??
Totally illogical ! Btw congratulations ! You could be the best employee of the universe ! Because your boss only pay you at the end of your day.

Quote:
people know who is the real idiot if there is no proof provided by you

You have provided no proof so surely that makes you an idiot? I have shown you more proof than you have. Please show me proof that CC have sold more records than Death. (from what I can see CC might be the biggest selling death metal band in the US, not the world, unlike Death. The sales here wouldn't put it past Death's even if the first 2 albums did sell a million each,).

Quote:
Death's sales are always not that good

Based on what? You keep saying this but have offered no proof that this is true. Anecdotal evidence is irrelevant when it comes to album sales. Please show proof which invalidates all the other proof out there, such as this. which shows that albums sold as well, or nearly as well, as any other death metal album in the US alone; and bear in mind that link is 13 years old so their sales would be even more now and furthermore those sales figures are based on the Nielsen SoundScan system which didn't start recording figures until 1991, so it would have no records of Death prior to that (which would have included the debut of 3 albums).

More importantly, please give me examples which highlight how Death are not a well-selling band compared to other death metal bands, and please explain to me how a band can sell 3 million albums and be considered to be only selling a "handful." Bear in mind their last album was made over 15 years ago. If 3 million albums is a "handful" then what isn't a "handful" with regard to extreme metal? How many albums would a band need to shift to be considered well selling? They had 7 albums, so you could say that's over 400,000 sales per album. Doesn't sound like a "handful" to me. It also doesn't matter when those albums were sold. By your logic sales should only count within a certain time frame. That means we should discount all sales by the Beatles, Elvis etc. after bands split / members died. If a band is considered good enough it will continue to sell albums after they exist. That's the mark of a band people like. Please tell why that is "illogical." Your analogy is a strawman because people in jobs get paid by the hour, or a set salary as long as they continue to work. Album's are sold as individual units independent of the band's activities. I would not get paid at the end of the universe because I will not be able to work at the end of the universe, however, in theory, Death albums could sell on indefinitely. If nonsensical examples like that is the best you can come up with then I don't think my argument is at any risk.

Truth be told nothing else needs to be said, but it's interesting to see what other fact-twisting drivel you can come up with
16.12.2014 - 20:06
Lit.
Account deleted
18.12.2014 - 08:01
Maco
Pvt Funderground
So... is this album good?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.12.2014 - 11:15
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Maco on 18.12.2014 at 08:01

OVERRATED (personal opinion)
18.12.2014 - 11:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Yeah very nice, dirty and evil sounding OSDM. Has a pretty distinct sound.
18.12.2014 - 16:46
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Good to hear different opinions. That's what makes this site great.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.12.2014 - 07:55
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 18.12.2014 at 11:18

Yeah very nice, dirty and evil sounding OSDM. Has a pretty distinct sound.

Yeah... usually people called Tiamat - A Deep Kind Of Slumber a Rexo-gothic album would think this album very nice.
Good to hear that.
19.12.2014 - 11:05
Rating: 7
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 19.12.2014 at 07:55

Yeah... usually people called Tiamat - A Deep Kind Of Slumber a Rexo-gothic album would think this album very nice.
Good to hear that.

The fact you haven't understood that it was sarcasm to show how fallacious your reasoning were is hilarious.
19.12.2014 - 11:38
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Ilham on 19.12.2014 at 11:05

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 19.12.2014 at 07:55

Good to hear that.

The fact you haven't understood that it was sarcasm to show how fallacious your reasoning were is hilarious.

It's interesting to find out "who" claimed Tiamat - A Deep Kind Of Slumber is a Rexo-gothic album !
Definitely I don't bother his comments on "Convulse's World without god" anymore...or even anything from him in the future.

Hits total: 8837 | This month: 13