07. Threshold [1994 version]
08. Ashes of Civilization [1994 version]
09. Scourge [1994 version]
10. Mindprobe [1994 version]
11. Dark Tomorrow [1994 version]

Death metal
Label: Xtreem Music
Total Running Time: 39:24

Killing is an addiction millions of people around the world suffer from. Over the long term, killing leads people to develop health problems like heart diseases and many types of cancer. Since a few years there are laws that prohibit killing in public places. Killing is an addiction that is terribly difficult to overcome; a few relapses before you manage to quit for good are possible... Uhm, I'm getting a little off-topic here, aren't I. Where were we? Oh yeah, I was about to tell you how much this album totally slays.

Clearly influenced by the Floridian bands that stood at the cradle of the death metal scene, Killing Addiction released one proper full-length back in the day when you just started cultivating that very impressive beer belly you now have/were still shitting your diapers/were only a twinkle in your father's eyes, broke up at the end of the century, reformed about ten years later and made another record as if they only took a nap. This has old fucking school written all over it.

The album - or should I say raging slap of straightforward death metal - actually consists of two parts. On the one hand you have five bonus-sort-of songs that already appeared on a rare 1994 split cassette (seriously, can it get any more old school than this?). The first six tracks of the record are newly recorded, and sound indeed a little more mature, maybe a little less ruthless but just as aggressive and uncompromising as the older songs.

Furthermore this band has not a single clue what is going on in today's metal world. Killing Addiction stay remarkably loyal to the early Florida death metal sound, and keep it unpolluted from any modern influences. Killing Addiction don't need any knives, guns or nuclear bombs, they'll kick your ass just as hard as in the bare-knuckle boxing fight that is Fall Of The Archetypes.

There's no denying, this record is so strong and primal you will beg like the little dirty girl you are to make it smack you hard in the privates. This is the kind of blistering music that'll raise all the hair on your testicles. The kind of hostile album that'll make you want to do evil things to mankind - like eating babies or something. The equivalent of a shark attack while snorkeling... well, you get the point by now.

Welcome back to the early nineties, buddy.

Written by Thryce | 26.03.2010

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 98 users
26.03.2010 - 22:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
That was a rather gripping review. I think I felt my testicles shrivel up in fear.
I can't wait to see what happens after I listen to the album...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2010 - 01:11
silenius

Im so gonna get my hands on this one:D
27.03.2010 - 03:24
PsvyXlone Aeon

Too bad the album cover is so uninspired and boring. I'm looking forward to this album too.
----
There's no justice like the end of the world.
27.03.2010 - 03:25
Derwood

I don't think I have ever read a review that has made me want to hear an album more. Well done, Thryce.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
27.03.2010 - 06:22
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Now, this cover sure didn't lie to me the way the Led To The Grave one did... Thanks for the tip, I'm hunting good old-school DM bands at the moment, so this is really appreciated

Hits total: 5557 | This month: 7