Metal Storm logo
Njiqahdda

27.03.2010 - 03:05
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I am offended by the fact that there is not yet a thread for this band, so I decided to take the liberty of creating it myself.

The sound of this band is truly an enigma. The best way I can describe it is Pink Floyd mixed with black metal with the sounds of nature sprinkled in between. Since they have a powerful ambient influence, their songs are slow and flowing and last for longer than 10 minutes. For lack of a better expression, this is the kind of band you would take with you on a long car trip. If you want to listen to it, here's their MySpace page.

If you ask me, their best album would have be their first, "Njimajikal Arts", which also happens to be their most peaceful. Now discuss away.
27.03.2010 - 05:42
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I was going to make one actually, but hardly anyone posts in these threads anymore, so I said fuck it to that. Anyways, thses guys are one of my favorite bands, employing what really has become to be known as the whole Cascadian black metal sound (even though they're not from there). The thing that I hate is that EEE charges 15 bucks for a goddamn EP of theirs, and they release so freaking many things that you can't possibly get it all if you're into buying it.

Njimjikal arts is good, but drawn out sometimes, just like most of their releases. They do get pretty boring occasionally. Taegnuub - Ishnji Angma is a really great album as well, with shorter songs, and I also really enjoy Yrg Alms and some of the more ambient albums.

What really gets me though is that they release lots of stuff, AND also have Oaks Of Bethel going and it's all really good. Their concept is really genius and original, and I absolutely could listen to just their drumming all day. It's beautiful stuff.
27.03.2010 - 06:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They seem like a pretty new band...did you just get starting listening to this band recently?
27.03.2010 - 07:03
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.03.2010 at 06:52

They seem like a pretty new band...did you just get starting listening to this band recently?

They formed back in 2005, so they're not that new. But what amazes me - as was said recently - is the fact that they're able to release a massive amount of material in a short amount of time.

In regard to the second part, I started listening to them based on a recommendation from another user (I forgot where the original recommendation was). Anyway, I listened to the band's material and I became lost in a dissonant dream-scape. If that description of their music confuses anyone, it's because I don't know of any other way to put it.
27.03.2010 - 09:16
The Turbanator
Amazing band of course. Loads of releases. The best is still Mal Esk Varii Aan; Taegnuub - Ishnji Angma ; Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
27.03.2010 - 18:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'm not sure I'm such a huge fan of Njiqahdda. 'Nji, Njiijn, Njiiin' is ok at times, often sounding like a weird mixture of Velvet Cacoon, Xasthur and Drudkh but I think it's definitely an album for a certain kind of mood for me. I didn't think much of 'Taegnuub Ishnji Angma' though I'm afraid.

For some reason I continually get this band mixed up with Lugubrum.
27.03.2010 - 19:31
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just listened to them and I'm pretty blown away by them...the fact that they have released that many albums impresses the hell out of me...great stuff Insineratehymn....thank you very much for showing them to us...
28.03.2010 - 19:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 27.03.2010 at 19:31

I just listened to them and I'm pretty blown away by them...the fact that they have released that many albums impresses the hell out of me...great stuff Insineratehymn....thank you very much for showing them to us...

There was some fuzz in MS when Lucas wrote a review of one of their albums since it was totally new for most of the users. I'm rather surprised that you didn't read it, it was around six months ago though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.06.2010 - 00:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Those guys are turning to be insane...dont tell me that with 3 full lengths pro month you can keep some quality...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.06.2010 - 04:46
The Turbanator
They are amazing. And the fact that they are not actually releasing singles, but EP/Albums every few months is pretty outstanding. One of me favorite bands.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
05.06.2010 - 11:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No "every few months"...in five months of 2010 they have already released 3 full lenghts and 9 EPs, nothing under 20 minutes...
----

06.06.2010 - 21:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Edit...ok - i dont know how they do it, but they still produce amazing stuff...even with this tempo

(now listening to Divisionals (2010))
----

07.06.2010 - 17:40
Hamird
Lieutenant
I discovered the band by reading Lucas' review on Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn. Beside the very fucked up name they've got talent too. I liked that album, but I haven't check the rest of their discography yet. Needs time I guess. From this album, Aasklamatii Ligmett Aursag, is very impressive.
By the way, has anyone got any idea how the band's name is pronounced?
07.06.2010 - 20:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 07.06.2010 at 17:40

I discovered the band by reading Lucas' review on Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn. Beside the very fucked up name they've got talent too. I liked that album, but I haven't check the rest of their discography yet. Needs time I guess. From this album, Aasklamatii Ligmett Aursag, is very impressive.
By the way, has anyone got any idea how the band's name is pronounced?

For me, I think the "J" is pronounced the way it is in Slavic languages, so I pronounce it as Nyi-kha-da.
27.01.2011 - 21:01
The Turbanator
Just heard 'Yrg Alms' album. This is amazing. The creativity shown by this band is really huge. It's never ending.

One of my favorite black metal band, definitely.
----
24.05.2012 - 21:18
BreadGod
Account deleted
I just learned that from here on out, the band will be releasing their albums on digital format only. It's unfortunate because I wanted to buy a physical copy of Njimajikal Arts, but fortunately they'll still be making music.
26.05.2012 - 12:51
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 21:18

I just learned that from here on out, the band will be releasing their albums on digital format only. It's unfortunate because I wanted to buy a physical copy of Njimajikal Arts, but fortunately they'll still be making music.

Got me scared! thought they disbanded when this thread popped up to the front page. And their stuff is very hard to find online. Only the "famous" albums of theirs are easy, the rest are impossible.
----
26.05.2012 - 17:11
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 26.05.2012 at 12:51

Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 21:18

Got me scared! thought they disbanded when this thread popped up to the front page. And their stuff is very hard to find online. Only the "famous" albums of theirs are easy, the rest are impossible.

They're still alive and well, but you're right about some of their albums being almost impossible to find.
09.01.2013 - 02:02
spirit_inblack
harshhead
"Serpents In The Sky," a new album from Njiqahdda, is out today . Upon a first listen, it is pretty amazing music that I could find myself listening to a fair bit in the near future. Every different musical facet of the band members is amazing, even though they are very different - a testament to the consistency of the compositional skills of the band. The intertwining of the music with its particular imagery and themes works incredibly well for Njiqahdda, something that cannot be said for quite a number of other bands.

Check it out at the eee recordings bandcamp page

P.S. My first post in here was rather harsh... but I have, since then, come to basically love all of Njiqahdda's output, as well as that of its sister bands. Some of the most genuine music around these days.
11.01.2013 - 14:55
The Turbanator
Written by spirit_inblack on 09.01.2013 at 02:02

"Serpents In The Sky," a new album from Njiqahdda, is out today . Upon a first listen, it is pretty amazing music that I could find myself listening to a fair bit in the near future. Every different musical facet of the band members is amazing, even though they are very different - a testament to the consistency of the compositional skills of the band. The intertwining of the music with its particular imagery and themes works incredibly well for Njiqahdda, something that cannot be said for quite a number of other bands.

Check it out at the eee recordings bandcamp page

P.S. My first post in here was rather harsh... but I have, since then, come to basically love all of Njiqahdda's output, as well as that of its sister bands. Some of the most genuine music around these days.

Agree with this 100%. The new album is very good. They won't stop experimenting, and doubt it'll be their only album this year. Fantastic stuff.
----
01.04.2013 - 19:34
The Turbanator
Their new track sounds amazing

----