Metal Storm logo
Metalocalypse

Original post

Posted by Gothya, 09.08.2006 - 04:17
ok. here we go, have you guys watched the trailer of this new cartoon from adult swim? well, i did it, and let me tell ya something, i really loved it, all the characters are nice and cool, that's all about a band named Dethklok, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Toki Wartooth, William 'Murdeface', Pickles the drummer, and Nathan Explosion, are a talented and insanely band, dark, disturbing and so damn funny; i watch the trailer and it was great, hetfield's and hammett's voices appear in some episodes as fans.

So if you have the chance to watch Metalocalypse, check it out, it's great, if you did it already, what is your opinion about this new cartoon?

....alright this is the dethklok lineup:

* Skwisgaar Skwigelf : Lead Guitar
* William 'Murdeface' : Bass
* Pickles the drummer : drums(obviously)
* Toki Wartooth : Guitar
* Nathan Explosion : vocalist

you also can get further information on www.adultswim.com, visit the site.
26.08.2009 - 06:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Did anyone hear that Dethklock will be touring with Converge, High one Fire and Mastadon? I am toootally gonna go see that.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.08.2009 - 23:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Arian Totalis on 26.08.2009 at 06:40

Did anyone hear that Dethklock will be touring with Converge, High one Fire and Mastadon? I am toootally gonna go see that.

What? A totally generic european flower power metal band (although it's not really a real band) touring with such brilliant acts such as Converge, High On Fire, and Mastadon?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 00:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Dethklok being flower power i must have missed something
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.08.2009 - 00:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Arian Totalis on 26.08.2009 at 06:40

I just heard a bigger blasphemy then them playing wth those three bands. Apaprently Dethklok is the headliner. My fucking God what the hell is the world coming to? A cartoon band that only released ONE album is allowed to headline nowadays?
Well, one thing is for sure they will be blown off the stage by all THREE the opening bands. Only redeeming fact for the Dethklok band is it has Gene Hoglan on drums, but the songs are so crap he can't show his drumming prowess on them at all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 00:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 27.08.2009 at 00:23

Dethklok being flower power i must have missed something

Nopt as flowery as Stratovarius, DragonFarce, Sonata etc. But surely damn close to ti nonetheless. The music is as European Power Metal as European Power Metal gets.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 00:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...why they are listed as "melodic death" everywhere then? did those people who state it missed something?
----

27.08.2009 - 00:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 27.08.2009 at 00:29

Hm...why they are listed as "melodic death" everywhere then? did those people who state it missed something?

Yes, they did.
There is not a hint of death metal in their music AT ALL.

Calling them melodic death metal is like calling Children Of Bodom melodic death metal, which a lot of people do as well btw.

Dethklok's music is puerly power metal with some growled vocals over it
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 00:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And what about vocals? you find them power-metalish? i somehow cannot...

but anyway - such a band should have special category and all those discussions will be over at once
----

27.08.2009 - 00:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'm definitely going, as it'll be great to catch both Mastodon and High On Fire again, as well as Converge.

i'll continue to mock the imaginary band, but at am at least grateful for them providing the chance to see HOF/Mastodon... and get me out in time to beat traffic.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.08.2009 - 00:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well as i listen to Deathalbum, i was really far from being really impressed by music...but still - there is something on them
----

27.08.2009 - 00:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 27.08.2009 at 00:34

And what about vocals? you find them power-metalish? i somehow cannot...

but anyway - such a band should have special category and all those discussions will be over at once

No, the vocals are not power metallish. But as been said a gazillion times before... vocals do not determine what genre a band belongs to.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 02:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Ya know Marcel, I do agree that it's not apropriate for them to be headlining, but that's the demon we all refer to as "Corporatism" and the drive for profit. However, I should mention, I do like the show Metalocalypse. It's hillarious. I'm going more so for High On Fire and Mastadon but I won't mind seeing Dethklock as long as brendon small plays with them. After all, he wrote all the music and I'm pretty sure he does the (admittadly terrible) vocals. I'm actually excited about this, plus it should give me and my lil bro a chance to hang out.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.09.2009 - 19:56
MadGatsu

I just got to know this amazing cartoon yesterday. What a f'ing *guitar sound* shame!!! I wish i had known this for years like you guys! I watched the first episode and i became mesmerized!!! It was brutal, literally! I almost creamed my pants! lol joking on that one.

Anyway, i watched all first season and i have to admit the last half of the season has more "silly" episodes than the first half.. My 5 favorite songs from the show are:

- Duncan Hills Coffe Jingle (hell yeah what a song for the first episode! totally ruled!)
- The Lost Vikings (best song for me in the show, too pity it wasnt on any episode)
- Awaken (i cant stop f'ing *guitar sound* sing this everywhere! it has awesome lyric, rythm and solo!)
- Fansong (this song is awesome as well. When the fans are in the special room watching to the music video, it felt like it was a REAL metal music video! DUDES! Effing amazing! )
- Thunderhorse

This show leaves me so hyped, i cant explain it. Its like the best show on TV i ever seen, honestly. It should be a metalheads MUST-WATCH.

*breathes deeply* wow...was almost suffocating with the excitement back there *breathes some more*

Riiiight...anyone care to comment?

PS: Oh, and to all the haters out there. Just because Dethklok isnt one of your "brootal trve methul" bands with 10 years of experience and etc doesnt mean it cant be equally entertaining. Also, you came to this topic for what? Dissing an "imaginary band" as you call it? Get a life?
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
21.09.2009 - 20:23
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by MadGatsu on 21.09.2009 at 19:56

Metalocalypse fucking rocks!
And Dethharmonic is such a beautiful song with so... wrong words. But I don't care.
21.09.2009 - 22:47
MadGatsu

Written by Ragana on 21.09.2009 at 20:23

Written by MadGatsu on 21.09.2009 at 19:56

Metalocalypse fucking rocks!
And Dethharmonic is such a beautiful song with so... wrong words. But I don't care.

What wrong words? :O

And hi again Ragana
----
21.09.2009 - 22:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I wonder too...is "I'd rather you be dead" such a problem?
----

21.09.2009 - 23:13
MadGatsu

They use worse....i think lol
----
21.09.2009 - 23:20
Ragana
Rawrcat
No, no, lyrics are just funny. That's all.

"in the form of income tax
I'd rather take a fucking axe
to my face, blow up this place

with you all in it, I'd do it "

"I'd rather you be dead than consider
not opening a restaurant"

It's just the words don't fit with melody.
22.09.2009 - 00:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
That is but so "metal"...
----

22.09.2009 - 12:59
MadGatsu

Written by Ellrohir on 22.09.2009 at 00:11

That is but so "metal"...

And br00tal... ;p
----
18.10.2009 - 23:44
GuitarVillian

Great news.
16.01.2010 - 19:11
Cyroth

I think it's a cool show,and the sound of the band is ok...Dr Rockso ftw
----
20.02.2010 - 00:14
Sick Girl

Toki and Dr. Rockso = Big win!

Hahaha xD
29.01.2011 - 22:47
JD
Account deleted
I watched the whole 3 seasons the last episode was unbelievable! Dethklock comes to Damascus, Syria in the episode 10 of season 3, lol what an interesting hilarious episode!
03.11.2013 - 03:00
BreadGod
Account deleted
I just watched The Doomstar Requiem. It was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. I thought a metal opera would be a bad idea, but it managed to work out pretty well. Great performances from everyone, but my favorite performance was given by George Fisher as the Metal-Masked Assassin.