Metal Storm logo
Les Discrets

31.03.2010 - 03:27
Zuzuz0r
Les Discrets is a french band, whose leader is Fursy Teyssier, he had worked with Neige in Amesoeurs and Alcest, and he also created artwork for bands like Agalloch, Alcest, Neun Welten, Arctic Plateau and etc..

And so, their debut album was launched oficially yesterday, but it leaked some weeks before it did. This band had some followers almost since the beginning because they released some demo tracks that sounded very promising, and also they did an split with Alcest. And well, they finally released their debut album titled "Septembre et ses derniere pensées", and the result is an Atmospheric Rock/Metal album with lots of Shoegaze, Folk and Post-Rock influence in it, and even some atmosphere reminding of bands like Agalloch, old Ulver and Discouraged Ones-era Katatonia, I'll recommend them to fans of the mentioned band and also fans of Neige's projects(Amesoeurs, Alcest, etc..), Anathema fans, Lifelover, possibly old Opeth lovers or atmospheric metal fans in general(as also Post-Rock and Shoegaze lovers). So, the ones who've listened to it already, what you think about this band? You like them? Do you think they'll become a great band in the near future? etc...
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
01.04.2010 - 21:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I bumped into them during my research for Alcest's second album, which I reviewed. I was intrigued, downloaded the leak and give it two or three spins. Can't say it really stuck. My first impression is that it is a bit overhyped due to the 'omg they're like a better Alcest' dudes. I might be wrong though. I'll surely give it some more listens soon.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.04.2010 - 22:14
Zuzuz0r
Written by Lucas on 01.04.2010 at 21:29

I bumped into them during my research for Alcest's second album, which I reviewed. I was intrigued, downloaded the leak and give it two or three spins. Can't say it really stuck. My first impression is that it is a bit overhyped due to the 'omg they're like a better Alcest' dudes. I might be wrong though. I'll surely give it some more listens soon.

Though I really liked their release, I agree on the overhyping and everyone saying that this is way better than new Alcest, for me both releases are good, but IMO is a grower.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
02.04.2010 - 00:59
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I tried it because someone said it's better than the new Alcest. Won't say it's bad, it good really, but Alcest just seems better. Anyways, would need a couple more spins.

In general, I'd say Alcest is more on the extreme polars (yeah, both hard and soft) while Les Discrets dwells more on the mid range spectrum (as far as this genre goes)
----
loves 小巫
06.06.2010 - 00:49
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
This is really lovely. I just found a few songs on Youtube and am listening to L'échappée right now. I can definitely hear all those genres you mentioned, but it most closely reminds me of the doom bands (yet I can totally hear old Agalloch, too). It's very moody and beautiful. Well, no point in comparing, I'm off to listen more
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
28.05.2012 - 02:30
Necrox
Song for Mountains and Svipdagr & Freyja are beautiful.