Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
22.03.2009 - 17:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://www.judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=CFCEBE0E-C6B7-4A55-B94D-FA7BD7DD8EE8

apparently they dropped the whole "let's play the whole Nostradamus album" drivel

that thing sounds pretty damn kickass, British Steel is imo one of their best efforts. also there's songs on there which were played live only very rarely like The Rage or Steeler. though if they play it just like on the album it's not gonna be too good, who the hell starts off with Breaking the Law??
24.03.2009 - 14:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I read in an interview that they would play the whole Nostradamus album in its entirety, they said they would be doing that later. So I don't think you can be sure of that lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.03.2009 - 00:20
JAGEagent

Written by mortjoyeux on 04.01.2009 at 09:56

Gahh my love for priest is resurfacing.
I've been blasting my top three favourite songs nonstop lately.
take these chains, hell patrol and the sentinel FUCKIN AMAZING

those songs are brilliant hehe
14.04.2009 - 20:04
Silent Jay

I went to the Priest Feast show in Cardiff, England. Testament, Megadeth and the headlining Priest were fucking awesome! What was really great is that Priest only played a few songs (all bare one I liked!) from Nostradamus and not the entire album which would have been a downer after 2 sets of classics.

Man the thought of a Maiden/Priest/Motorhead/Saxon joint gig is epic!
18.04.2009 - 20:00
Winterfog

Written by Silent Jay on 14.04.2009 at 20:04

I went to the Priest Feast show in Cardiff, England. Testament, Megadeth and the headlining Priest were fucking awesome! What was really great is that Priest only played a few songs (all bare one I liked!) from Nostradamus and not the entire album which would have been a downer after 2 sets of classics.

Man the thought of a Maiden/Priest/Motorhead/Saxon joint gig is epic!

Motorhead+Maiden+ Judas Priest Amazing!!!
07.05.2009 - 17:46
inflikted
Account deleted
When i have a few minutes to spare on any day, i tend to go on youtube to check out some of my fave bands videos, as i dont get to see them much anymore on scuzz, etc.....but i came across this band, i think they're playing download this year, not sure i havent checked the line up for a while but they're awesome..........i get sick of constant screaming and not understanding wtf the songs are on about...but with this band, i can hear everything! They're heavy as f**k too, so no more emo.....!
Pluss kk from Priest has produced their debut album, so you just know its gonna be killer!!

anyone else agree with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdlipdqxu8k

|,,| . . |,,|
07.05.2009 - 23:51
Wyrd

Can't Fucking wait to see Priest and White snake in July!!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
14.05.2009 - 21:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Wyrd on 07.05.2009 at 23:51

imo the only good thing that Whitesnake does is play Stormbringer-era Deep Purple tracks(Soldier of Fortune, Burn etc)
14.05.2009 - 21:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 14.05.2009 at 21:18

imo the only good thing that Whitesnake does is play Stormbringer-era Deep Purple tracks(Soldier of Fortune, Burn etc)

Then you've never good proper Whitesnake. Old Whitesnake is brilliant blue hard rock. And even their newer stuff is quite good, especially on 1987 and Slip Of The Tongue. BTW, Whitesnake are NOT hair metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.05.2009 - 21:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.05.2009 at 21:36

Written by Valentin B on 14.05.2009 at 21:18

Then you've never good proper Whitesnake. Old Whitesnake is brilliant blue hard rock. And even their newer stuff is quite good, especially on 1987 and Slip Of The Tongue. BTW, Whitesnake are NOT hair metal.

WTF i thought you hated everything except Candlemass and Warning ... anyway i believe you, but there's no way in hell i'll be seeing them too soon so i won't really bother to listen to them.
14.05.2009 - 21:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 14.05.2009 at 21:38

but there's no way in hell i'll be seeing them too soon so i won't really bother to listen to them.

And then people call me close-minded
Whitesnake has had brilliant guitarists over the years. Adrian van den Berg, Steve Vai, John Sykes, amongst others.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.05.2009 - 22:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.05.2009 at 21:40

but there's no way in hell i'll be seeing them too soon so i won't really bother to listen to them.

well if i filled out my fav bands box you would see that i am by no means closed minded... my fav bands range from Ac Dc to Amon Amarth

but anway we're pretty offtopic here..
14.05.2009 - 22:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 14.05.2009 at 22:18

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.05.2009 at 21:40

well if i filled out my fav bands box you would see that i am by no means closed minded... my fav bands range from Ac Dc to Amon Amarth

but anway we're pretty offtopic here..

Liking many different types of bands isn't open-minded, imo. Open minded means you're willing to check out everything. And you didn't even want to check otu Whitesnake, so that is more or less close-minded.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.05.2009 - 10:06
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.05.2009 at 22:20

Liking many different types of bands isn't open-minded, imo. Open minded means you're willing to check out everything...

Agreed. Some people just don't get this concept (I'm not implying that to Val B., btw).
17.05.2009 - 16:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.05.2009 at 10:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.05.2009 at 22:20

Liking many different types of bands isn't open-minded, imo. Open minded means you're willing to check out everything...

Agreed. Some people just don't get this concept (I'm not implying that to Val B., btw).

you just don't know me well enough
19.05.2009 - 22:06
Natalya
Account deleted
All I can say is that for decades, Priest has kicked ass...
Their new album, regardless of the tracks on it, will be good. Priest has a tendancy to produce high quality stuff.

19.05.2009 - 23:00
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Guest on 19.05.2009 at 22:06

Their new album, regardless of the tracks on it, will be good. Priest has a tendancy to produce high quality stuff.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA... Priest is coming out with a new album?
19.05.2009 - 23:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 19.05.2009 at 23:00

Just a live album...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2009 - 23:17
Omegabyss
Account deleted
Reading Priest will play British Steel in their entirity kinda brings the concert in july im gonna go to with them down. Sure i like it, but i wanna hear The Sentinal, Blood Red Skies, and many others!!! Not songs im not fond of like you dont have to be old to be wise.... but i guess itll have to do...

Massive headbanging on Metal Gods for sure...

anybody have a setlist of what they will play this summer?
19.05.2009 - 23:45
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 23:09

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 19.05.2009 at 23:00

Just a live album...

Oh... Man, I was just about to get really excited.

Written by Guest on 19.05.2009 at 23:17

Reading Priest will play British Steel in their entirity kinda brings the concert in july im gonna go to with them down. Sure i like it, but i wanna hear The Sentinal, Blood Red Skies, and many others!!! Not songs im not fond of like you dont have to be old to be wise.... but i guess itll have to do...

The album isn't that long, so I don't think that it'll take up a whole set list.
20.05.2009 - 18:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 19.05.2009 at 23:17

i can't really map out a whole setlist but i suspect that the first 2 tracks will still be Dawn of Creation and Prophecy, then maybe they'll start playing British Steel. after that they're gonna do Painkiller, You Got Another Thing Coming, The Green Manalishi, Hellbent for Leather, the usual classic shit

Rock Hard Ride Free was a slight disappointment for me last year, they played it right before finishing up with the "normal" set(without the encore). it didn't feel as epic as it could have, most people(including me) were tired by then and the anticipation wasn't really boiling like right before Electric Eye or something. or maybe i should have drank 2-3 energy drinks before the show lol
20.05.2009 - 20:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I find that I also get very tired during the shows. It takes a lot of energy to rock out and have fun lol

Especially when it's a gig like Testament + Megadeth + Judas Priest like when I saw them. I'm seriously considering stop going to a lot of festivals because it is so physically draining. Also, headliners shows are more personal and longer.
----

My Instagram
20.05.2009 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 20.05.2009 at 20:08

I find that I also get very tired during the shows. It takes a lot of energy to rock out and have fun lol

Especially when it's a gig like Testament + Megadeth + Judas Priest like when I saw them. I'm seriously considering stop going to a lot of festivals because it is so physically draining. Also, headliners shows are more personal and longer.

I know what you mean when I went to april doom fest it was werry tired geting to fucking Rīga , venua place buy walkin, beck to centre after gig, gewting home looking if somebody dont kill you whit nife, didnt took pistol whit you(whit rubber bullets) was werry tired, same ewery gig even going in Swe city festival one place in area other after 3 hours Im tired , actualy after all gigs Im more tired how walking 10 km , I do ofen walk in woods 10-15km its easyer how gigs

I try sit ewery gig, no metter where , if it open air I sit if its sindide I try find place wheres it and try dont drink booze hhehe
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2009 - 13:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 20.05.2009 at 20:34

I know what you mean when I went to april doom fest it was werry tired geting to fucking Rīga , venua place buy walkin, beck to centre after gig, gewting home looking if somebody dont kill you whit nife, didnt took pistol whit you(whit rubber bullets) was werry tired, same ewery gig even going in Swe city festival one place in area other after 3 hours Im tired , actualy after all gigs Im more tired how walking 10 km , I do ofen walk in woods 10-15km its easyer how gigs

I try sit ewery gig, no metter where , if it open air I sit if its sindide I try find place wheres it and try dont drink booze hhehe

I also try to sit between concerts, I have to, otherwise I'll die. It's so much easier when it is a headliners show, you just have that band and one other band opening and the end result will be much better, if the crowd is all tired when the big attraction comes in, the gig won't be as interesting.
----

My Instagram
21.05.2009 - 13:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BloodTears on 21.05.2009 at 13:21

Written by Bad English on 20.05.2009 at 20:34

I also try to sit between concerts, I have to, otherwise I'll die. It's so much easier when it is a headliners show, you just have that band and one other band opening and the end result will be much better, if the crowd is all tired when the big attraction comes in, the gig won't be as interesting.

Megadeth + Testament + Priest should have made for an EXHAUSTING gig if you ask me.. i'd have moshed during Testament(sort of), pumped my fists and sang along during Megadeth(especially since they play one of my fav songs by them, In My Darkest Hour) and of course Priest = total insanity, especially since it was held inside a concert hall, hence better quality and stuff. i could have attended their Barcelona show back in March but i chose to see Saxon and Iced Earth instead(which got canceled ) other than that i could have also gone for AC DC on the 31st(but the ticket would have been more expensive) and so i chose seeing 2 of my fav bands which i haven't seen before, but got screwed beyond normal screwage. also while walking through Barcelona i've seen posters of the Priest show, yeah i was pissed real hard.

now i'm gonna have to take my revenge at Wacken for Saxon and wait for Priest to come back to Europe and start touring again. also i hope they forget about playing the whole Nostradamus album live. i think it's a decent symphonic heavy metal album with some awesome moments(title track, first 2 songs) but i wouldn't pay to see them perform only that even though they're my fav band in the world.
24.07.2009 - 09:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
After a years of ignoring them, i finally got into them...well, Maiden will be always my more favorite, but many of their songs are simply great
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.08.2009 - 21:59
Fat & Sassy!

Priest rocked my fucking face off last night. I've never seen Priest live before, but I must say that Rob Halford was fucking awesome for being so old and out of shape. He didn't really move around a lot, but his stage presence is incomparable to any frontman I've seen live before (Even Bruce Dickinson). His presence alone was fucking INTENSE. What did make me sad though is that they played their whole British Steel album (which was much better live), and not so many other tracks. Not even Electric Eye! D: But they did play The Ripper and Victim of Changes, and I went ape-shit rockin' to those tunes! >:[
23.08.2009 - 22:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I saw Bruce last year on Maiden's monster tour and seriously have doubts if someone can beat his stage performance (especially without moving)
----

23.08.2009 - 23:04
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Ellrohir on 23.08.2009 at 22:42

I saw Bruce last year on Maiden's monster tour and seriously have doubts if someone can beat his stage performance (especially without moving)

Believe you me, I love Bruce and the guys (Maiden is my favorite live metal band). It's hard to describe, but Halford's PRESENCE (not necessarily his performance per se...something like the essence of him being there) was intense as fuck. Like if God walked out on stage. It's fun to watch Bruce on stage, it's just not the same as Rob's.
23.08.2009 - 23:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well i would say i prefer fun...because i attend concerts to entertain myself
----