Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
13.11.2009 - 13:06
DayFly

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.11.2009 at 03:46

But you're not my age and dind't get into metal in the mid to late 70s right?

Almost. Touche
16.11.2009 - 06:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Warman on 12.11.2009 at 12:39

Written by Dangerboner on 10.11.2009 at 06:27

One album that I really don't get the hate over is Point of Entry. Sure, it's definitely not in their top 5, but it blows away the preceeding British Steel. It has Desert Plains, which is probably in my top 5 favorite JP songs ever. Maybe it's just good driving music, which is most likely the only times I've played it, but I think it's way better than Jugulator, Demolition, British Steel, and Nostradamus. Damn I sure could explain myself better if I brought my good CD case to work with me tonight :/

I hate "Point of Entry" but I do love "Desert Plains", a fantastic song.

I need to listen to that album again. See, certain albums piss me off when I listen with headphones, but if I listen to the same album while driving, sometimes I can like that same album. It's weird, but I think that's probably my view for Point of Entry.
09.01.2010 - 06:37
Numbskull

Posting in a Priest thread!
One of my favorite bands - along with Sabbath.
Judas Priest
09.01.2010 - 11:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Any news from the band? are they going to announce some tour dates or something this summer?
12.01.2010 - 13:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Valentin B on 09.01.2010 at 11:22

Any news from the band? are they going to announce some tour dates or something this summer?

I don't think so.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2010 - 12:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
So apparently they're gonna announce a 2011/2012 massive world tour in December.

i'm yet again looking forward to see my favorite band in the world.
25.11.2010 - 12:56
RavenKing

They probably won't do much in the next years and I wouldn't be surprised if Nostradamus ends up as the last Priest album, considering how old they are now.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
25.11.2010 - 13:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 12:48

So apparently they're gonna announce a 2011/2012 massive world tour in December.

Id rather they did another album, they're running out of time! lol

But obviously, Id never turn down an opportunity to see my fave band ever hehe xD

@Ravenking: I really hope Nostradamus isnt their last album... it would be a shame if they ended their recording career with an album that's half full of filler...
25.11.2010 - 13:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 13:01

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 12:48

Id rather they did another album, they're running out of time! lol

But obviously, Id never turn down an opportunity to see my fave band ever hehe xD

how many times have you seen them in concert? i have only one, 11.07.2008. i remember back in January 2008 i was just randomly surfing their website and clicked on "tour dates", thinking "damn, it would be cool to have a date for Bucharest", and there it was. i let out a single tear.
25.11.2010 - 13:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 13:08
how many times have you seen them in concert? i have only one, 11.07.2008. i remember back in January 2008 i was just randomly surfing their website and clicked on "tour dates", thinking "damn, it would be cool to have a date for Bucharest", and there it was. i let out a single tear.

Ive seen them 3 times.

The first time, was 13.06.2001. Which was of course, with Ripper Owens on vocals during the "Demolition" tour. For me, Rob will always of course be THE man for Priest, but I have to say, Ripper gave an amazing performance that night, and I definitely wasnt disappointed. xD The second time was on the "Angel Of Retribution" tour, (26.03.2005) with no less than Scorpions in support! My eternal wait to see Judas Priest live with Rob was fully worth it, and it's the best gig Ive ever been to, and probably always will be. \m/

The last time was last year (16.02.2009) headlining a bill which also contained Testament and Megadeth. Talk about a dream line-up for me! lol I was in the very front row, and was directly under KK when he played the solo in "Sinner". Which was worth the ticket price alone.

Aww, thats sweet. lol I dont blame you.
25.11.2010 - 13:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 13:22

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 13:08

Ive seen them 3 times.

The first time, was 13.06.2001. Which was of course, with Ripper Owens on vocals during the "Demolition" tour. For me, Rob will always of course be THE man for Priest, but I have to say, Ripper gave an amazing performance that night, and I definitely wasnt disappointed. xD The second time was on the "Angel Of Retribution" tour, (26.03.2005) with no less than Scorpions in support! My eternal wait to see Judas Priest live with Rob was fully worth it, and it's the best gig Ive ever been to, and probably always will be. \m/

whaa Priest with Scorpions in support? let me guess, Iced Earth was the opening band and they played the whole Night of the Stormrider album, ending with Dante's Inferno. then, at the very end, Hansi Kursch appears out of nowhere and they play Fiddler on the Green by Demons and Wizards. that's the only way a night like that would be better

on the other hand, Iced Earth supported Priest on the concert just before the one i saw them in, fuck!(i was also a huge Iced Earth fan back then)
25.11.2010 - 13:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 13:44
whaa Priest with Scorpions in support? let me guess, Iced Earth was the opening band and they played the whole Night of the Stormrider album, ending with Dante's Inferno. then, at the very end, Hansi Kursch appears out of nowhere and they play Fiddler on the Green by Demons and Wizards. that's the only way a night like that would be better

on the other hand, Iced Earth supported Priest on the concert just before the one i saw them in, fuck!(i was also a huge Iced Earth fan back then)

LMAO! I think Id have probably died if that had happened! xD

One of my enduring memories from that gig was when a few guys around me started booing when they played "Wind Of Change" (the same guys did it again when Priest played "Diamonds And Rust" laster on. lol) which made me laugh. I was singing along with every word of course though. xD But yeah, seeing the Scorps belt out stuff like "Big City Nights" and "Rock You Like A Hurricane" wasnt really like an appetiser at all, it was like having two main meals with them and Priest. lol

Ive only seen Iced Earth live once. It was on the 6th of November, 2007. Not even a month before Ripper got the boot, supporting Heaven And Hell. They only played 5 songs, which made me sad as I was just warming up when they finished. Id have rather they were the only support and played a longer set. Instead, I had to watch Lamb Of God who were on after Iced Earth. And although they were okay, Id have rather IE was the only support...
25.11.2010 - 14:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 13:59

Ive only seen Iced Earth live once. It was on the 6th of November, 2007. Not even a month before Ripper got the boot, supporting Heaven And Hell. They only played 5 songs, which made me sad as I was just warming up when they finished. Id have rather they were the only support and played a longer set. Instead, I had to watch Lamb Of God who were on after Iced Earth. And although they were okay, Id have rather IE was the only support...

that's strange. Iced Earth is both more popular and better (:P ) than Lamb of God.
25.11.2010 - 14:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 14:04
that's strange. Iced Earth is both more popular and better (:P ) than Lamb of God.

Not over here they're not! lol The only semi-popular metal in the UK (aside from the really big bands like Maiden) are trendy bands like Children Of Bodom and Trivium. Power metal isnt popular at all, and the rare ocassions any bands of that genre play over here, its always in really small venues. The metal scene in the UK is pitiful compared to most other European countries. It reminds me of the time that Dragonforce played here with Edguy in support. When for the rest of the European dates it was Edguy who were headlining, and Dragonforce supporting. lol Trends here are king...
25.11.2010 - 14:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 14:13

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 14:04

Not over here they're not! lol The only semi-popular metal in the UK (aside from the really big bands like Maiden) are trendy bands like Children Of Bodom and Trivium. Power metal isnt popular at all, and the rare ocassions any bands of that genre play over here, its always in really small venues. The metal scene in the UK is pitiful compared to most other European countries. It reminds me of the time that Dragonforce played here with Edguy in support. When for the rest of the European dates it was Edguy who were headlining, and Dragonforce supporting. lol Trends here are king...

holy shit that's blasphemy.. not saying Edguy is the best band in the world though.
25.11.2010 - 14:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 14:28
holy shit that's blasphemy.. not saying Edguy is the best band in the world though.

Probably an even better (or worse, depending on how you look at it lol) example, is when I saw Nevermore in 2005. The venue can't even hold 300 people, and and it was about half full....
12.12.2010 - 04:38
Numbskull

I will definitely be at the farewell tour; come hell or high water.:banger:
Posting in a Priest thread!
Judas Priest!
12.12.2010 - 14:16
JD
Account deleted
I love "Ripper" so much.
12.12.2010 - 14:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 14:43

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 14:28

Probably an even better (or worse, depending on how you look at it lol) example, is when I saw Nevermore in 2005. The venue can't even hold 300 people, and and it was about half full....

yeah, it's kinda like when i remember the first day of Sonisphere, 99% of people came there to see Manowar and very few people actually:

1.HEARD of Volbeat and Orphaned Land

2.knew another Accept song aside from Balls to the Wall

and most importantly...

3.stopped complaining about Accept headlining instead of Manowar, even though Accept are an older band with better musicians and live they are incomparably better than Manowar. i would even argue, and i know i'm beating a dead horse here, that Accept are the best live band i've ever seen, while Manowar were a disappointment both times i caught them.

there were something like 15.000 people in total on the first day.
if Manowar didn't play a one-hour set (they were advertised as headliners but they got Accept instead, i don't know the details) there would have been something like 2000 people max. and if Accept for example played a tour show with Volbeat as support (i shudder to think if Volbeat was to play a headline show what would happen) they would have drawn something like 300 people or so, while all the "hardcore kidz" wet themselves when Children of Bodom announced a concert in Bucharest.
13.12.2010 - 06:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 12.12.2010 at 14:48
yeah, it's kinda like when i remember the first day of Sonisphere, 99% of people came there to see Manowar and very few people actually:

1.HEARD of Volbeat and Orphaned Land

2.knew another Accept song aside from Balls to the Wall

and most importantly...

3.stopped complaining about Accept headlining instead of Manowar...

I love Accept, while Ive never been a fan of Manowar, so my opinion on that would be a bit biased. lol Accept with their latest album have finally started getting their dues as far as more mainstream metal press goes though, which could explain their position as headliners above Manowar. Despite the fact, as you said, most people turned up in Bucharest for Manowar.

Accept have never been a trendy band, whereas I think Manowar in some ways are trendy, cos a lot of metalheads buy into the whole "death to false metal" type rubbish. Accept were probably installed as headliners because of their huge increase in publicity lately, and the almost universal praise (mostly jusified imo) heaped on their new album. Although the situation you've described makes it seem like in some places at least, this increase in attention with the metal press certainly hasnt made the band any more popular, or marketable, to fans who just follow "what's cool" and the fads. Which in some countries, is the norm. I know if Accept ever played over here, it would be in a tiny venue which they would struggle even then, to sell out. Though Id be the first to rush and get my ticket. lol

The situation is indeed dire in certain countries. But I think the UK is definitely one of the worst in Europe when it comes to neglecting quality metal bands who are appreciated very much in a lot of other European countries. *sighs*
13.12.2010 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.12.2010 at 06:04

Accept with their latest album have finally started getting their dues as far as more mainstream metal press goes though, which could explain their position as headliners above Manowar. Despite the fact, as you said, most people turned up in Bucharest for Manowar.

Accept have never been a trendy band,

excuse me?
During the period of Breaker, Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall, Metal Heart they certainly did get their dues from the mainstrem press and were immensely trendy. especially during their Balls To The Wall and Metal Heart period (which imo is vastly overrated whan compared to Breaker and Restless & Wild) They even sold out stadiums in the USA at the time.
That they went into decline afterwards popularity wise after Metal Heaart and rightly so, if you ask me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.12.2010 - 18:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
About Accept, yes "Balls To The Wall" made them hugely popular here in the US, and in fact this song's title is still widely recognized by even the most out of touch rock/metal fan in their 30s/40s I talk to in my area. The way I look at it, anything I bought back when I was only 7 or 8 (or had copied from a relative/friend onto cassette, in Accept's case) had to be popular in the US, because I knew everything from mainstream rock radio at the time
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
13.12.2010 - 21:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.12.2010 at 17:41
excuse me?
During the period of Breaker, Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall, Metal Heart they certainly did get their dues from the mainstrem press and were immensely trendy. especially during their Balls To The Wall and Metal Heart period (which imo is vastly overrated whan compared to Breaker and Restless & Wild) They even sold out stadiums in the USA at the time.
That they went into decline afterwards popularity wise after Metal Heaart and rightly so, if you ask me.

Do you love making me look stupid, or what? lol I wasnt even into metal, and was only a young child when those albums came out. But Im sure they were never trendy, at least not in the UK, even at the time of those albums. I however, was a fan of metal by the time Accept reformed, and aside from seeing the video of "Protectors Of Terror" once on a rock/metal show (which was always on in the early hours of the morning) I didnt see anything about the band in the press. At least not over here. And never have. You'd probably know if they were very popular in the UK at the time of those albums you mentioned, but I would be surprised if that was the case. There have been many metal bands who have been huge elsewhere, but largely ignored in the UK. Whether Accept was one of those bands or not, I cant say as I wasnt around at the time. But it wouldnt surprise me if they werent big here, even though they were in many other countries. :\
13.12.2010 - 21:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.12.2010 at 21:09

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.12.2010 at 17:41
excuse me?

Do you love making me look stupid, or what? lol I wasnt even into metal, and was only a young child when those albums came out. But Im sure they were never trendy, at least not in the UK, even at the time of those albums.

Okay I don't want to make you look even more stupid... But they were immensely popular and even trendy even in the UK at that time.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.12.2010 - 21:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.12.2010 at 21:34

Okay I don't want to make you look even more stupid... But they were immensely popular and even trendy even in the UK at that time.

Really? Woah lol Feel free to put a dunce cap on my head.
13.12.2010 - 21:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.12.2010 at 21:39

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.12.2010 at 21:34

Really? Woah lol Feel free to put a dunce cap on my head.

Nah, just write in the general forum 100 times "I am a dunce" hahahahha
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.12.2010 - 21:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.12.2010 at 21:40

Nah, just write in the general forum 100 times "I am a dunce" hahahahha

I wont be doing that, although it is true. *blushing*
13.12.2010 - 22:36
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Accept are popular here in Egypt lol
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
16.12.2010 - 05:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn, i'm listening now to some of their brilliant 70s material, i really hope they manage to sneak some of the good stuff in the setlist for their next tour.

i know the band Halford used to play Never Satisfied and Tyrant at least, so i hope they'll play some of the lesser-known stuff from their old days. i know it's impossible but i imagine the most epic surprise would be if they opened their concert with Let Us Prey/Call for the Priest or Dissident Agressor (with scream) and then jump straight into Metal Gods or a much faster version of Riding on the Wind.. holy shit!
24.12.2010 - 00:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Valentin B on 16.12.2010 at 05:27

Damn, i'm listening now to some of their brilliant 70s material, i really hope they manage to sneak some of the good stuff in the setlist for their next tour.

i know the band Halford used to play Never Satisfied and Tyrant at least, so i hope they'll play some of the lesser-known stuff from their old days. i know it's impossible but i imagine the most epic surprise would be if they opened their concert with Let Us Prey/Call for the Priest or Dissident Agressor (with scream) and then jump straight into Metal Gods or a much faster version of Riding on the Wind.. holy shit!

Keep dreaming my friend
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram