Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
18.10.2007 - 20:17
Lord TJ

I see what you mean but back in the day people thought of it as metal, now as today metal is a lot heavier than before.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.10.2007 - 16:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Rob Halford will take part in an in-store signing session on Saturday, November 17 at 5:30 p.m. at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, New Jersey.

More information at this location.
02.11.2007 - 23:03
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.10.2007 at 00:08

Well, imo, Judas Priest were the first who played what we started calling 'metal' later. I think that BS are more like classical rock than metal.

I think that Black Sabbath started metal but Judas Priest perfected it as well as creating the dress code and some themes. Sabbath weren't Classic Rock though because the blues influences were toned down [which is how Metal came alive].
02.11.2007 - 23:37
Fuath

very good music, my favourite song would have to be leather rebel
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

12.11.2007 - 15:24
Smurfophagist

I never got to see them live, and I doubt I ever will...life is just not fair. Would you tell me what are your favorite Judas Priest songs to play on guitar?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
13.11.2007 - 00:33
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.11.2007 at 23:03

Written by Guest on 18.10.2007 at 00:08

Well, imo, Judas Priest were the first who played what we started calling 'metal' later. I think that BS are more like classical rock than metal.

I think that Black Sabbath started metal but Judas Priest perfected it as well as creating the dress code and some themes. Sabbath weren't Classic Rock though because the blues influences were toned down [which is how Metal came alive].

Although I don't full agree with you, I see were your coming from. "Sabbath were heavy, but Priest were metal", that line always summed up my thoughts on the whole originators of metal argument. Priest laid the groundworks for what Maiden would be doing in the 80's and you can see hints of the black, speed, and even death metal genres that were starting to take shape. Specifically in the Sad Wings through British Steel albums.
14.11.2007 - 01:21
Lord TJ

Written by Smurfophagist on 12.11.2007 at 15:24

I never got to see them live, and I doubt I ever will...life is just not fair. Would you tell me what are your favorite Judas Priest songs to play on guitar?

I would kill to see them live!

I like playing Sinner, Metal Gods, Freewheel Burning, im like a Judas Priest jukebox!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

15.11.2007 - 21:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 14.11.2007 at 01:21

Written by Smurfophagist on 12.11.2007 at 15:24

I would kill to see them live!

I like playing Sinner, Metal Gods, Freewheel Burning, im like a Judas Priest jukebox!

hail! you'd probably love this, it's an absolutely priceless version of "breaking the law" sung almost entirely by the crowd!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-46gj5npY
15.11.2007 - 23:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Valentin B on 15.11.2007 at 21:20

hail! you'd probably love this, it's an absolutely priceless version of "breaking the law" sung almost entirely by the crowd!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-46gj5npY

That clip is pure awesomness!!!
----
30.11.2007 - 20:26
Lord TJ

Im still waiting for this new album, it keeps getting delayed more and more!
How do you guys think it will turn out?

I think it wont be that great, Rob is getting very old and cant pack a punch like he used to be able to.
----

01.12.2007 - 00:43
bucky01403
Account deleted
I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I think they should've stuck with The Ripper.
01.12.2007 - 05:22
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i don't check for the new priest to be honest.......

lol, today in computer class, i was playing the video for "Breaking The Law" on youtube, I sang along and more than half the class just started staring at me haha.
01.12.2007 - 06:23
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Haha this week in a city near me, a guy in his late teens got busted by the FBI for leading a large group of worldwide hackers, now that's breaking the law Hope for your sake that the adults weren't suspicious of you doing something similar.

Beyond the Realms of Death is one of my fav songs to play on guitar, it's almost as good as Victim of Changes Also The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown), The Rage, and Genocide with a 4 minute long solo!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
19.12.2007 - 05:58
Metalbound7

the best fucking band ever!! i already own all the albums (whit halford) and i cant wait for "nostradamus"
Judas Priest Metal!!
19.12.2007 - 15:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Isn't it supposed to be a double disc album?
----
19.12.2007 - 15:55
Lord TJ

Written by Warman on 19.12.2007 at 15:43

Isn't it supposed to be a double disc album?

Who knows, with their age im not surprised with how long its taking them to make this album, Halford is probably in a walker by now.
----

19.12.2007 - 16:26
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Syk on 01.12.2007 at 06:23

Beyond the Realms of Death is one of my fav songs to play on guitar, it's almost as good as Victim of Changes Also The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown), The Rage, and Genocide with a 4 minute long solo!

I can't play guitar, but oh how those songs all rule...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
20.12.2007 - 00:47
220volt
Account deleted
One of my favorite (if not favorite) bands for sure, but I am not sure about their Nostradamus. I hope they do better job lyrically then their 80's stuff. They really need to get back to their 70's lyrics dungeons and dig up some twisted and dark shit they used to write about.Even though lyrics are not THAT important to me , it does add another dimension to the album.
20.12.2007 - 02:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, they were old when they made Angel of Retribution, and that album kicks ass, so I still have high hopes for Nostradamus. The only part that makes me nervous is that it's going to be a concept album, and I just fucking hate concept albums, usually.
20.12.2007 - 02:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
I liked the last album and I usually love concept albums, so I'm sure I'll be pleased.
----
20.12.2007 - 03:39
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@TJ: yeah he doesn't even do stage moves anymore, but we shouldn't make fun though.

.........man their cover of "Better By You, Better Than Me" is nice , i mean Spooky Tooth were a great classic rock band, but Judas Priest's version of that song is better to me
21.12.2007 - 10:05
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
I don't understand how anyone can doubt Judas Priest.... they have rocked for like +30 years !!! Why should something bad come out this time Because they are too old ?? don't make me laugh ^^ as if age could do something against gods.... I'm sure Halford will smash our faces with everything he has
21.12.2007 - 10:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 03:39

@TJ: yeah he doesn't even do stage moves anymore, but we shouldn't make fun though.

.........man their cover of "Better By You, Better Than Me" is nice , i mean Spooky Tooth were a great classic rock band, but Judas Priest's version of that song is better to me

yeah lol Priest just can't make a bad cover, the green manalishi, johnny b goode, better by you better than me, not to mention DIAMONDS AND RUST... all of them are 100x better than the originals
25.12.2007 - 03:20
220volt
Account deleted
Quote:
yeah lol Priest just can't make a bad cover, the green manalishi, johnny b goode, better by you better than me, not to mention DIAMONDS AND RUST... all of them are 100x better than the originals.

I agree. The only bad covers they had was album covers (see 80's).
13.01.2008 - 14:00
Son of Odin

One of metals finest bands, have seen the at concert 5 times.
Top 5 albums:
Sad wings of destiny
Rocka rolla
Defenders of the faith
British steel
Painkiller
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
14.01.2008 - 00:13
Baz Anderson

Written by Dangerboner on 20.12.2007 at 02:12

Well, they were old when they made Angel of Retribution, and that album kicks ass, so I still have high hopes for Nostradamus. The only part that makes me nervous is that it's going to be a concept album, and I just fucking hate concept albums, usually.

that isn't a very healthy attitude is it. hahaha.. you like the new Benighted album, that album is just so good

anyway..
I have high hopes for this new Judas Priest album, I don't doubt the gods of metal one bit. Rob has said many times that this album is some of the best stuff they have ever done and all the rest of it.. and I believe that maybe it will be.. they're obviously putting a lot of time and effort into it
15.01.2008 - 16:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.01.2008 at 00:13

Rob has said many times that this album is some of the best stuff they have ever done and all the rest of it.. and I believe that maybe it will be.. they're obviously putting a lot of time and effort into it

He also said that before Point Of Entry, Ram It Down, and Turbo, he says that every single time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2008 - 16:38
Baz Anderson

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2008 at 16:34

He also said that before Point Of Entry, Ram It Down, and Turbo, he says that every single time.

well even if they release an album of the same quality as "Turbo" or "Ram It Down" I will be happy.. I like those albums a lot. "Point Of Entry" is a good album, but is one of their worst over the years..
15.01.2008 - 16:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 03:20

I agree. The only bad covers they had was album covers (see 80's).

i don't really think so. i mean sure, Point of Entry is kind of cliche, but i loved the comic book style of Screaming for Vengeance, Turbo and Ram it Down.
18.03.2008 - 20:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2008 at 16:34

Written by Baz Anderson on 14.01.2008 at 00:13

Rob has said many times that this album is some of the best stuff they have ever done and all the rest of it.. and I believe that maybe it will be.. they're obviously putting a lot of time and effort into it

yeah but he surely said that before painkiller and screaming for vengeance!