Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne - More Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 03.04.2010

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that the name of his new album is Scream, and that the album's first single will make its worldwide debut in a US TV drama.

Scream will be released in July and will be preceded by debut single "Let Me Hear You Scream". The song will make its debut in the show CSI:NY on 14 April (in the US) during a prison riot scene. The show's executive producer Peter Lenkov, who also co-wrote the screenplay for the episode, admits Osbourne's new tune was perfect for scenes in which show regular Hill Harper is trapped in a prison during a riot.

Lenkov says, "We were looking for something high energy and irreverent to sell the madness of a prison riot. We immediately responded to the new Osbourne tune. The song exceeded our expectations and brought exactly the right tone to the episode."

Ozzy revealed: "When I heard they were going to use "Let Me Hear You Scream" for a prison riot scene, I thought, 'Well, now that's some thing I know about.'" (Presumably referring to his time spent in prison when he was 18).

The original album title, Soul Sucka, was canned when it turned out that it was a pretty rubbish name for a rock record. Scream will feature the debut of Ozzy's new guitarist Gus G and will be the follow up to 2007's Black Rain.

[Also thanks to Ozzy88]

UPDATE (thanks to Fastolphbolger)

Ozzy Osbourne will release Scream ? his first album in almost three years and 10th studio album overall ? June 15 via Epic Records. Produced by Ozzy and Kevin Churko, both of whom did the same honors for Ozzy's 2007 worldwide million-seller Black Rain, the album will feature the first single "Let Me Hear You Scream."

The multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer recorded most of Scream at his Los Angeles home studio, The Bunker, and co-wrote all the songs, primarily with Churko. Notably, the album marks the first appearance of Ozzy's new guitar player, Gus G.

In addition to "Let Me Hear You Scream," the album's confirmed tracks are: "Diggin Me Down", "Let It Die", "Soul Sucker", "Fearless", "I Want It All", "Time", "Crucify" and "I Love You All."

Ozzy will also embark on an 18-month world tour (dates TBA) in support of Scream, with news about Ozzfest to emerge next week.

Source: ozzy.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 16.04.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 184 users
03.04.2010 - 13:44
Slyfang

At least Soul Sucka was original
03.04.2010 - 15:47
Black_Sheep

Now that he got rid of Zakk "bullshit" Wylde. This might be interesting. Im looking forward hearing something in the vein of Blizzard and Madmen...
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
03.04.2010 - 16:37
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Slyfang on 03.04.2010 at 13:44

At least Soul Sucka was original

Soul Sucka sounded too hip hop. I'm glad he changed it.
Can't wait.
03.04.2010 - 20:03
warrior_of_ice

I hope Gus G isnt held back on this album. If he plays like he does with Firewind, then i'll be happy.
03.04.2010 - 21:01
Black_Sheep

Why would he be "held back" ? I see no reason for that. Ozzy wanted a great guitarist like Randy, and he got one. It's win win.
----
03.04.2010 - 21:09
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by warrior_of_ice on 03.04.2010 at 20:03

I hope Gus G isnt held back on this album. If he plays like he does with Firewind, then i'll be happy.

Im still not completely convinced Gus G will fit the "Ozzy" style
04.04.2010 - 00:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Ozzy needs to go away. seriously. i wholly dont approve of debuting a single on a terrible TV show.

if he wanted to release it with a TV show, do it on the newest episode of Intervention .
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.04.2010 - 02:31
Lachy
Account deleted
Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist. I think gus is a great guitarist too. It will be interesting how this album sounds
04.04.2010 - 04:43
Symmachus

First off, I will say that the CSI shows are overly sub-standard, or so to speak.

Also, before I write the rest of this comment, I will say that I respect Ozzy Osbourne.

While I find the title Scream to be unoriginal, I still find it to be better than Soul Sucka. Both titles suck, though.
04.04.2010 - 10:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Black_Sheep on 03.04.2010 at 15:47

Now that he got rid of Zakk "bullshit" Wylde. This might be interesting. Im looking forward hearing something in the vein of Blizzard and Madmen...

LOL how can you expect something in he vein of Blizzard and Madman when Rhoads is dead and Lee hasn't recorded anything with Ozzy in 24 years?

this will be something entirely new i believe. after all, Gus G and Zakk are two very different guitarists.
04.04.2010 - 13:06
Black_Sheep

Written by Valentin B on 04.04.2010 at 10:32

Written by Black_Sheep on 03.04.2010 at 15:47

LOL how can you expect something in he vein of Blizzard and Madman when Rhoads is dead and Lee hasn't recorded anything with Ozzy in 24 years?

this will be something entirely new i believe. after all, Gus G and Zakk are two very different guitarists.

I meant that Gus is at the same level with Randy technically. He can play awesome solos and leads. Unlike Wylde. Let me be more spesific with that reference; old Ozzy albums had great guitarwork and cool solos, the later ones didn't. Now, with Gus in the band, it's possible again.
----
05.04.2010 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Living in USA Ozy is forgot about Europian roots and ebglish blood whats on his vains ... his children(from sharron) is americans

old good Birmingham still works hehe
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2010 - 17:44
SatyriconChick

Oh, Scream is a MUCH better title than Soul Sucka. That just sounds like something a gansta rap group would use.

Hits total: 3802 | This month: 4