Metal Storm logo
Omega Crom - Debut Album Streaming Online

Releasing their debut album Blood, Steel & Fire on April 5th via Reversed Records, Vancouver's power metal act Omega Crom are exclusively streaming their full album at TheNewReview.net.

According to the press release, Omega Crom is a Vancouver based metal band that has been part of the underground metal scene for many years. This Canadian act brings to the stage their own genre of "Ripping Metal", a progressive blend of power metal with elements of aggressive death, shred and thrash.

Omega Crom's debut album Blood, Steel and Fire is produced in collaboration with Juno award winning engineer Rob Shallcross who has worked on albums with (Strapping Young Lad, Zimmers Hole, Gwar, Darkest Hour, Fattooth) and features guitar driven songs blended with diverse vocal styling from high falsetto wails, mid-range power to hardcore screams. Omega Crom seamlessly combine punchy rhythms, contrasting patches of melodic clean guitar, ripping solos, flowing harmonies, intense bass guitar attacks alongside relentless double kick thrash beats punctuated with inventive rolls and blast beats.

Blood, Steel and Fire [cover art] tracklist:

01. Warpath
02. Battlefield
03. Calling of the Dead
04. The Passing of Azazel
05. The Prisoner (The Drawing)
06. Playing God
07. The Parliament of Stone
08. F.F.O.H.T.L.
09. Metal Revolution

Source: fburls.com
Posted: 04.04.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 20 users
04.04.2010 - 23:30
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Yuck, I tried listening through this whole thing, not happening.
05.04.2010 - 01:14
Derwood

I did listen to the whole thing. These guys are certainly competent musicians, but the music itself is incoherent and strikes me as chaotic for the sake of being chaotic. This seems to be a bit of a popular trend in the Vancouver metal scene at the moment and I can't say that I like it much. I have nothing against the use of polyrhythm, arrythm, dissonance and other progressive/avantgarde elements (Gorguts' Obscura album is a personal favourite), but this album simply doesn't do it well and comes off as self-indulgent rather than creative, especially coming from what seems to be essentially a power metal band. In a word, disjointed.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
05.04.2010 - 20:22
thesabbathfan

I dont care what anyone says, Omega Crom rules!!!
----
05.04.2010 - 21:13
philippe

Saw them opening for Stratovarius in Vancouver. Man that was one of the most pathetic falsetto vocal I've ever heard. Vocalist sounded like 16 year old kid desperately trying to sound like Rob Halford.

However, I will give this album a try.

Hits total: 1900 | This month: 3