09. Black Wind, Fire And Steel

Featured in "Getting Into: Manowar"

Found in 22 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 484 users
07.04.2010 - 11:21
Draxsen

Manowar's Latest out kicks Arse. It'S so awesoooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:banger2:
----
Draxsen have been around since 1990. Since then they have released 7 Albums. There latest EP is called "PORTRAIT" You can down load the title track for a short time at DRAXSEN.NET.
24.06.2015 - 20:33
Infernal Eternal

The first album of their mid period (approx 1986-1994). Here, they have a heavier sound that would end up becoming cheesy after David Shankle left the band. If you like their 1986-1994 style, the next 2 albums are way better.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
15.07.2016 - 14:03
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
Boring songs
----
My vision is augmented
15.03.2018 - 11:07
Rating: 9
qlacs
"The Quaker"
The first album I heard from them and I still prefer it overall to the rest. No highlights, but no inconsistencies either.
----
21.07.2019 - 19:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is lame, gayish downfall to the pop sound when band sold them selve sto MTV.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2020 - 09:19
Rating: 4
majormalfunction

Starts off and ends great. The first and last songs are both classic Manowar but as for the rest it's pretty bad. Defender is pretty nice but it's a re-recording which is inferior to the original and Holy War has a good chorus but overall it's nothing special. The rest, no thanks. The 80's digital soundmix doesn't suite Manowar at all.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
08.05.2022 - 21:35
Rating: 5
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
The songwriting isn't near their best on here tbh.
It's good if your into the whole arena sing along choruses and all, but I find the whole thing just a wee bit too cringy for me. The final track is the only one I really found interesting, unfortunately the rest doesn't really do anything for me.
14.11.2022 - 19:34
Rating: 8
Mountain King
K i K o
I haven't listened to Manowar for ages and I was playing Defender. It's such an amazing song.
This album doesn't have as many highlights as their more famous ones, but I really like and enjoy "Holy War", "Black Wind, Fire And Steel" & "Defender" and consider them among their best.

The title track is fun and so is "Blow Your Speakers".

I can see how some people would say it's too polished after the raw even bad production of "Sign Of The Hammer" but to me it doesn't matter. I can enjoy a good song with any production, a good song is a good song.
That's not to say that some albums don't need that raw production e.g. Metal Church debut comes to mind, I can't imagine it polished.
04.11.2023 - 00:17
Rating: 10
billy4metal

I must have listened to this album a thousand times since I bought it in 1987. It was the first metal album I got really excited about (maybe after Master of Puppets). Loved the cover, loved almost all the songs (except Blow Your Speakers). Black Wind, Fire and Steel is still one of my favourite all time songs; Defender is sooo atmospheric and I could listen to it all day long and Carry On was the song I used to play when life pissed me off. It’s not my favourite Manowar album (Into Glory Ride or Hail To England) but I do get pissed off when people criticise it. You really had to be there.. and being 15 at the time and still into D&D and Conan books helped - haha!

Hits total: 11881 | This month: 19