Metal Storm logo
Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire - New Album Title Revealed

Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire have announced the title of their upcoming Prosthetic Records' debut. The album will be called, Songs of Ill Hope and Desperation, and is due this spring/early summer. The album was recorded by Dave Otero at Flatline Audio (Cephalic Carnage, Catheter, Cobalt) and the band promises their most dynamic, bleakest, and dirtiest material to date.

Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire formed and released an EP Harmonies From Bleeding Mouths in 2006, and released their first full-length, Omega Drunk On The Blood Of Alpha in 2008 on Debello Recordings. Their sound has been referred to as "funeral grind," as it's "too slow for grindcore, too fast for doom," and have been compared to the likes of Brutal Truth, Pig Destroyer, Discordance Axis, Eyehategod and Napalm Death.

Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire has toured relentlessly throughout North America since forming, and is currently planning a summer tour with Oregon's Burials.

Be sure to check this band out at their MySpace page.

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire
Posted: 08.04.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 71 users
08.04.2010 - 16:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Recommendation of the day!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.04.2010 - 17:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Wait Wait Wait... They are compared to Brutal Truth, Napalm Death, Eyehategod and Pig Destroyer?

...I'm checking the hell out of this band then. Thanks!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.04.2010 - 20:35
Baz Anderson

Hahaha, what kind of a band name is that?
08.04.2010 - 23:33
Inlé

Actually sounds tryout-worthy musically. But the name is actually offputting... D:
08.04.2010 - 23:34
Got Mayhem?

Written by Baz Anderson on 08.04.2010 at 20:35

Hahaha, what kind of a band name is that?

Reminds me of all the stupid names that Metalcore bands and such have been coming up with lately. Regardless, the description of the sound seems interesting enough for a good listen.
----
09.04.2010 - 01:34
Baz Anderson

The music sounds pretty cool, although it does remind me of the new Cryptopsy album in quite a few places from what I am hearing on the myspace.
09.04.2010 - 05:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Would not have thought this to be recommendation of the day, only cuz of the name.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.04.2010 - 05:40
Symmachus

I've heard some of their music, and it is fine. I think their name is awesome, by the way. I once met the vocalist at a concert; he was passing out pamphlets for the then-upcoming "Be Kind and Grind" fest.

Hits total: 2986 | This month: 6