06. Soldiers Of Metal
07. Death From Above
08. Anthrax
09. Across The River
10. Howling Furies

Staff review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Everyone must start somewhere, and for Anthrax they were very humble beginnings indeed. Fistful Of Metal is a fun first outing and does send sparks flying that would later catch a flame and burn bright. To assess the album on its own merits however, it is a mixed bag to say the least.

Read more ››
published 01.08.2020 | Comments (1)

Found in 27 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 683 users
08.04.2010 - 16:42
Growing

IMO,the most week debut album from TheBig4.
08.04.2010 - 23:19
soadbyob
Account deleted
Loved this album, not as good as Among The Living or Spread the Disease though
26.05.2010 - 14:53
Rating: 5
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I actually found this one even better than Kill'emAll.

''Metal Thrashing Mad'' is just a powerful fun song, one of the best early speed/thrash pieces ever produced.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.05.2010 - 15:37
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Growing on 08.04.2010 at 16:42

Yep. ''Deathrider'' and "Metal Thrashing Mad" are classic songs. And "Panic" has an awesome solo, but the other songs are weak. The other 3 albums by the big 4 are way more consistent in their quality of songs.
12.09.2010 - 18:08
Sepulnation

Written by Angelic Storm on 26.05.2010 at 15:37

Written by Growing on 08.04.2010 at 16:42

Yep. ''Deathrider'' and "Metal Thrashing Mad" are classic songs. And "Panic" has an awesome solo, but the other songs are weak. The other 3 albums by the big 4 are way more consistent in their quality of songs.

totally agree
----
fuck shit up!
05.03.2011 - 18:45
John Shock

Men, i know that among the living is a legend album, but this album is coming closer, in fact, i'm in love by this album...and guess what?...i've buy it today! i'm about to buy spreading the disease too, and i've read good things about it on other places including the review about spreading the disease here on metal storm! Well, i have to confess that i'm a fan of this band a little time ago, well that means something...now i'm in love by this band! In my opinion this album is muuuch bether than Kill 'em All by metallica or Show no Mercy or Hell Waits of Slayer!

All this full length of fistful of metal are amazing, is not that albuns that you fell indiferent after play it the first time, and want to listen to more albuns or the same album many many times
25.12.2011 - 23:07
Rating: 9
musclassia

This album really shocked me. Above anything I got it just to go towards my early anthrax collection (for some reason I felt like I needed this for a 'complete' collection but not the John Bush stuff) and given all I'd heard about it, really wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much, especially nowhere near as much as I did. This stuff is really top-notch! It doesn't really have a sound resembling Anthrax, but in all honesty I can't really say that's a bad thing - I like Anthrax and all, but these days in short doses; I got into them quickly and lost interest reasonably quickly. This is pretty much stand-alone compared to their later style, in sound and personality, but I really enjoy it, probably more than some of their 'classic' stuff. It sounds less of an Anthrax album and more as a standard 80s thrash album, but with really sweet riffs, solos, and vocals that I definitely dig. Might get bored on later listens, but right now, really recommended.
29.02.2012 - 21:33
Zap
Their second album should have been called "For A Few Metals More".
04.11.2012 - 19:16
megadeath13
Account deleted
In my opinion one of the most underrated debuts, of all time. I don´t understand why people knock this excellent album.
15.11.2012 - 02:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 29.02.2012 at 21:33

Their second album should have been called "For A Few Metals More".

And after that: "The Good, The Bad and The Metal."
15.11.2012 - 21:53
Zap
Written by Guest on 15.11.2012 at 02:19

And after that: "The Good, The Bad and The Metal."

Or "The Good, The Bad and the Anthrax"
You know...
No? "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" is kind of the odd one out, not containing the word dollars...
No?
Anyone?
08.09.2013 - 21:24
musicalkaratekid

A nice bit of metal to start Anthrax's career, though most of the songs here are predictably short and snappy. Then again should I have expected anything else? I guess not. 'Deathrider' and 'Metal thrashing mad' are ace, and the Alice Coopers cover is pretty well peformed.
08.09.2013 - 22:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by musicalkaratekid on 08.09.2013 at 21:24
and the Alice Coopers cover is pretty well peformed.

Apparently, Dan Lilker had much difficulty performing that song in the studio, which is supposedly the reason he was fired from the band.
27.01.2015 - 03:41
Ruchesko

Twice as accessible as I expected.
15.09.2019 - 19:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is how thrashing madness begins , band lived in 80's its unique root sound, early thasrh has some kicks and tricks in jamming what put good songs, today is just one forumla few riff changes ... I like this old way songs 5, 6 and 9 are awesome.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2022 - 13:37
MahoDM
Dumbass
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.09.2013 at 22:05

Written by musicalkaratekid on 08.09.2013 at 21:24
and the Alice Coopers cover is pretty well peformed.

Apparently, Dan Lilker had much difficulty performing that song in the studio, which is supposedly the reason he was fired from the band.

I've heard that Turbin had some problems with the way Lilker looked and then the vocalist pressed Anthrax to fire him

Hits total: 14188 | This month: 63