Metal Storm logo
Royal Hunt - Sign With Scarlet Records

In a short update on the band's website, Royal Hunt have announced they signed a record deal with Italian label Scarlet Records for the European release of the new upcoming album, entitled X. An estimated release date is set for early June 2010.

Keyboard player André Andersen said the following about the new album: "This album came out of our love for the 70´s music (tagged as Classic Rock nowadays) - from Kansas, Genesis and ELP to Uriah Heep and Deep Purple - music which was/is very adventurous while just a tad naïve at the same time (as some might say). We all are notoriously resistant to categorize it in any way, form or shape, but (if hard pressed) would go as far as saying that it's definitely much more hard rock than metal and if by "progressive" you might mean some odd time signatures here and there as well as random key changes - sure, there're tons of them here... as well as really basic, simple stuff - so go figure."

Stay tuned for more updates.

Source: royalhunt.com
Band profile: Royal Hunt
Posted: 08.04.2010 by andreosokin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 11 users
09.04.2010 - 02:02
Bocata Calamares

Very good news, I was started to get worried about not having an official release date in Europe given that it was released in Japan in January. It's a long wait, but I've already listened to the album and it's worth it. Royal Hunt is like the good wines - they get better and better as years go by.
09.04.2010 - 22:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ELP whatr is thet I know ELO = Eleectrick Light Orchestra
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2010 - 11:33
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
ELP is Emerson Lake & Palmer, dude

Hits total: 1955 | This month: 4