Metal Storm logo
Astral Doors - Guitarist Quits The Band

Guitarist Martin Haglund has decided to leave Astral Doors. Martin explains:

"This decision has not been easy to make, but its needed. I have reached a point where I feel I have to focus more on my kids and support them in their hobbies and interests, by doing that I'm not able to give Astral Doors 100%. I don´t want to be the one that´s holding the band back so I let go. I will continue playing, writing and record music but on a more suitable level. I´ll keep the metal flowing that´s for sure.

Being a member of Astral Doors has given me experiences and memories that I'll bring to the grave. I am truly proud of my time in Astral Doors and what we have accomplished and brought to the hard-rock scene. Thanks and hugs to all of you! Now Astral Doors will reload and hit you harder then ever."

Nils Patrik Johansson, singer of Astral Doors comments: "Martin is a great guy and we wish him all the best. He did a great job with the mixing of our previous album that's for sure. Hope the job he did with that album will open a lot of doors for him as a producer."

Astral Doors will not bring in a new guitar player in the band to replace Martin; Joachim Nordlund (founding member of Astral Doors, together with Johan Lindstedt and Nils Patrik Johansson) will from now on handle all guitars himself.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Astral Doors
Posted: 13.04.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 23 users
13.04.2010 - 13:28
GT
Coffee!!
Fair enough stopping if you don't feel like it anymore. Hope it won't affect their music too much
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep

Hits total: 2531 | This month: 5