Metal Storm logo
Best traditional metal voice

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 09.08.2006 - 14:37
I vote for udo.the power he puts in his vocals is so uplifting(head over heels for example) and he's got some range there,i tells ya!
and don't forget to give an argument

Poll

which has the best voice?

Bruce Dickinson
Dio
Rob Halford
James Hetfield
other(specify)
Ozzy
Lemmy Kilmister
Dave Mustaine
Udo dirkschneider

Total votes: 323
17.07.2007 - 07:41
selken
Irreligious
Halford for sure, although Dickinson's is a best singer, Rob puts a lot of energy in his lyrics.
Outside the traditional metal IMO Michael Kiske has the best voice.
----
18.07.2007 - 01:21
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by selken on 17.07.2007 at 07:41

Halford for sure, although Dickinson's is a best singer, Rob puts a lot of energy in his lyrics.

you know what i think... Halford has higher voice notes than Dickinson...but Dickinson has more charisma and that is something that gets you like a fan cos i may admit halford has more energy and higher voice notes (that could make him a better singer) than Dickinson but i just like Dickinson better 'cos of his charisma and the way full of energy that he performs his songs.

And talking about Kiske yeah he's got a ass kicker voice (eventhough i like Hansen better) although he is in the Power Metal genre
18.07.2007 - 04:06
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 18.07.2007 at 01:21

you know what i think... Halford has higher voice notes than Dickinson...but Dickinson has more charisma and that is something that gets you like a fan cos i may admit halford has more energy and higher voice notes (that could make him a better singer) than Dickinson but i just like Dickinson better 'cos of his charisma and the way full of energy that he performs his songs.

And talking about Kiske yeah he's got a ass kicker voice (eventhough i like Hansen better) although he is in the Power Metal genre

Don't you fell a little strange quoting me in English?, I actually do...
----
18.07.2007 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by selken on 18.07.2007 at 04:06

English are only alowed langauge here, others only whit translation, but why write same tvice
hablar inglés o dado
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.07.2007 - 01:22
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted

Well, kinda i just got used to it :lol:
but remember most people talk only english here so they wouldn't understnd if i quote in spanish:suicide:
19.07.2007 - 01:24
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.07.2007 at 13:01

English are only alowed langauge here, others only whit translation, but why write same tvice
hablar inglés o dado

dude, what the hell u tried to say there???:lol::lol:
19.07.2007 - 07:51
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Dio is Greek for god, what more is there to say
21.08.2007 - 22:01
Imraghil

Jorn Lande has the best voice. 1st Jorn Lande, 2nd Ronnie James Dio, 3th Hansi Kursch.
23.08.2007 - 00:09
Spooks
Account deleted
I'm completely crazy About Ronnie James DIO's Voice!
I aslo really like Bruce and Rob.

An other one that I like, and who's not here is Blackie Lawless, Lead singr of W.A.S.P
23.08.2007 - 00:25
Infurnace

I'll vote for Dio. He just has an amazing voice, and he's probably the only traditional metal singer I like, so my vote goes to Dio.
23.08.2007 - 09:10
Chaosgoat

Ozzy is my personal favorite, although dickinson is way better as a singer.
23.08.2007 - 13:39
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Dio has my vote. Saw him live this past year. That guy has pipes.
29.08.2007 - 02:40
Chaosgoat

Written by Almighty Ent on 23.08.2007 at 13:39

Dio has my vote. Saw him live this past year. That guy has pipes.

Yes Dio is good to.
29.08.2007 - 12:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Ok, of this list I will say:
1. Bruce
2. Dio
3. Halford

....others are not that impressive, maybe Udo, but I would add King Diamond definitely, Midnight from Crimson Glory he's damn powerful, and probably some more but Icant remember now.
----
17.09.2007 - 14:09
jorthyf
Account deleted
Dio is my favorite singer of all time, with Mike Patton in a close second.
17.09.2007 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.09.2007 at 14:09

I dont think Mike shood be in this tread, its not metal singer(like those who are in polls)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.09.2007 - 15:03
jorthyf
Account deleted
Right...I was saying my favorite...not whether he was old school metal or not.
18.10.2007 - 03:36
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.09.2007 at 14:18

Written by Guest on 17.09.2007 at 14:09

I dont think Mike shood be in this tread, its not metal singer(like those who are in polls)

Dickinson is the singer who drew me inexorably into metal. I have not only all his Maiden albums, but also his solo ones (still havn't gotten the Samson ones). His energy and delivery, coupled with his unique voice are unparalleled in any genre.

And seriously, mind your own business. If someone else wishes to add someone they think is good, THEN LET THEM!! Are you personally injured when someone has an opinion? Grow up!
08.11.2007 - 18:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Bruce Dickinson is one of the best singers in the world...so i voted for him with no doubt
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.11.2007 - 21:56
Lord TJ

I voted Halford, Dickenson is good but Halford has higher ratings, Judas Priest also has had my higher appreciation that Iron Maiden has too.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
25.11.2007 - 21:34
RhysTerk

Halford
28.11.2007 - 06:10
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
by the way i also like Dio he is flawless even now in his old age
----
Stay Metal !!!
28.11.2007 - 23:29
Timsen
Account deleted
Dickinson has my vote, but Dio is also fantastic!
If able, I'd decided for both of them ;-)
28.11.2007 - 23:40
bucky01403
Account deleted
It's hard to say really, each vocalist is different, and unique in his own way. Nil vote.
30.11.2007 - 00:21
Ellie
Account deleted
My vote goes to Dio however Dickinson was close behind.
30.11.2007 - 18:34
Sticksrock
Account deleted
I vote for Halford since dickinson had period in the early 90s where he totally changed his style of singing. I also think Biff Byford is a great singer
03.12.2007 - 20:52
Demonmayonnaise

Im gonna say Dio. He has an amazing voice.
03.12.2007 - 20:56
ArcanaHereticae

Bruce Dickinson, hands down. Probably because of The Trooper, that's a fire song.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
04.12.2007 - 03:09
TheReaperBuzznet
Account deleted
I don't really see how Lemmy can be considered a traditional metal vocalist. He has such a unique voice. To me traditional metal is Bruce Dickinson, Dio, etc. Not to say that their voices are unique, but they're more similar to each other and representative of heavy metal as a whole. I vote Dickinson because I think he has the biggest range of them all.
10.12.2007 - 18:53
RockeRoy

i hate operatic vocals! dickinson is alright though!!!
James Hetfileld gets my vote
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell