Metal Storm logo
Icarus Witch - Part Ways With Vocalist, Announce Replacement

In a statement on the band's website, the US heavy metal band Icarus Witch announce the news they have parted ways with their singer, and already announced his replacement. Here's the full message:

"We are excited to announce yet another massive shift in our ranks as we welcome new vocalist Christopher Shaner to the Icarus Witch circle and part ways amicably with original vocalist, Matthew Bizilia. Matthew's contributions to the band have been immeasurable over the past six years. While this was a serious decision for both parties, professional differences of opinion led to the change. Bizilia is a phenomenal talent who will always be a part of the Witch family as we wish him much success on his future ventures.

Incoming vocalist and Erie, Pennsylvania native Shaner is a long time friend and collaborator of guitarist Quinn Lukas. Before Quinn moved to Pittsburgh to join Icarus Witch in 2006, he had worked on various musical projects with the singer. Much like the recent acquisition of second guitarist Ed Skero, the choice to add Christopher to the band was based on a combination of what he brings to the lineup personally, musically and professionally. His powerful vocal range, sense of harmony and intense work ethic are a perfect fit for the next phase of this band. Writing for the follow-up to Draw Down The Moon has already commenced with the new recruits and it promises to be the band's most diverse, melodic and epic release ever.

Friends of the Witch can get a taste of the new line-up as Christopher and Ed make their debut at Pittsburgh's Hard Rock Cafe Friday, May 28th, where the band will be opening for Lizzy Borden. Also on the itinerary are the Warriors Of Metal III Festival in Ohio this June, and some exciting tour news to follow in mere days.''

Source: icaruswitch.com
Band profile: Icarus Witch
Posted: 13.04.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 26 users
13.04.2010 - 21:51
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Now that's a shock.....
----
Chef Metal Head
14.04.2010 - 17:19
Orphan Saint
Account deleted
I can't say I mind this. The vocals were the only thing keeping me away from this band. It's not that I felt they were bad. The style just wasn't for me. I'll be looking forward to hearing this new guy roar.

Hits total: 2785 | This month: 8