Metal Storm logo
Arkona

Original post

Posted by Eddie, 09.08.2006 - 15:38
Arkona is a Russian band, who play Pagan Folk Metal. So there are some Black Metal undercurrents in it, but the folk side is mostly present, thats why I placed it in the Melodic Metal Forum.

The bands vocalist Masha "Scream" sings in her native language, she also proves to have a good grunt. Masha is pretty much the face of the band, giving Arkona their sound. The rest of the music is based around traditional melodies and instruments with the combination of the usual Metal instruments.

Alright, enough introduction stuff. Time to check out their music. Arkona released a great DVD this year, and has put it on their site for download, free of charge, which is really cool obviously. Check it out right here, its really quite good:

650 MB version, great quality
290 MB version, still very good quality

The links are taken from their official site, right from here. Hesitant to download? Look at this promotional video from youtube.

For a review of their debut album, click here

So well, what do you all think about this band? I kind of fell in love with them
05.11.2009 - 11:59
SonglessBird
Arkona rules. I booked them last year for a show in Belgium and this summer they come back: 10th of June in Dendermonde. Looking forward.
----
My Lament - Broken Leaf out now on Solitude Productions
06.11.2009 - 13:51
Nergal
Goi, Rode, Goi is a true masterpiece... You don't find very easily such great music...
What's the highest vote I can give on Metalstorm???

10 ++++++++
06.11.2009 - 17:09
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Amazing new album they are really getting better and better technically.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
06.11.2009 - 20:58
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Why do all great bands hail from Europe??? I'm dying to see Equilibrium and Arkona live, but they NEVER come in America! Unless they get commercial enough, they don't stand a chance to cross over to Canada...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
14.11.2009 - 06:08
Dcera větru
Written by MétalNoir on 06.11.2009 at 20:58

Why do all great bands hail from Europe??? I'm dying to see Equilibrium and Arkona live, but they NEVER come in America! Unless they get commercial enough, they don't stand a chance to cross over to Canada...

and what about chile? ... here is worst we are waiting for all that great bands but they never come here
----
... I smell the steaming blood...on The way of hunting moon...
14.11.2009 - 18:12
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Dcera větru on 14.11.2009 at 06:08

Written by MétalNoir on 06.11.2009 at 20:58

and what about chile? ... here is worst we are waiting for all that great bands but they never come here

Yeah, I guess metal is mostly a northern hemisphere affair, isn't it? South America (except Brazil), Africa and Asia (except Japan), are left aside by most bands, mostly because they don't have a strong fan base enough to perform there, I guess. That sucks, since metal is meant to be an international movement, not an exclusive northwestern genre.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
29.11.2009 - 11:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
W00t? i was just told Masha is married with Sergei anyone knows anything which can prove/refute this?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep