03. Angel
04. My New Star
05. Nightmare
06. The End Is Coming

Metalcore
Recorded: 16th Cellar Studio, Italy 2008-2009
Label: SG Records
Total Running Time: 19:06

Congratulations As We Die, you are the one billionth visitor of the melodic metalcore bandwagon!

Is it me or am I really the only one that thinks the whole mixing-metalcore-with-melodeath-metal-is-super-duper-kewl thing is getting a bit old? I mean, come the fuck on, it has been done, like, countless times before. No really, enough already. If the only contribution to the scene is reminding me why metalcore-borrowing-influences-from-melodic-death-metal is a total waste of my time, well, get in line.

Apparently it's just me.

As We Die are the latest rookies to the scene. With their debut EP The Right Choices the band intends to make a compelling rampage... right after an army of Godzilla's already left the scene in complete death and destruction. The As We Die formula is just too genuine and unsophisticated to be impressive - let alone enjoyable. Here's the album in a nutshell: melodies that make me want to swallow my tongue, whiney clean vocals, a level of accessibility that is higher than the entire audience of a Bob Marley tribute concert, lyrics portraying teenage angst issues, and so forth.

Yada yada yada (the lack of effort works contagious).

When the spark is missing in a genre where there are more bands than the dudes from Manowar have hairs on their chest, your story ends rather quickly.

Since I - unlike some people - want my work to be worthwhile, I'll have you know that a dendrofiliac is someone who commits adultery with trees, and anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere a duck is watching you. So yeah, at least you heard something new here. (Hiyooo!)

Written by Thryce | 17.04.2010

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 75 users
17.04.2010 - 13:26
Mikyz
At least the review is worth reading The number of bands that release mediocre albums are increasing in number, I don't understand why most of the newly founded bands forget what originality is and follow the same formula over and over again, sometimes they even fail to do just that. Unless they want their fan base to consist of 10-years old wannabe metalheads. But hey I'm not going to even try listening to them so the only people who are losing their time are them.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
17.04.2010 - 13:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Quote:
I'll have you know that a dendrofiliac is someone who commits adultery with trees, and anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere a duck is watching you. So yeah, at least you heard something new here

Great description of how redundant this band is.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.04.2010 - 17:28
Got Mayhem?
Wasn't really interested in hearing this band until you mentioned they whine sing about teen angst. My interest was immediately piqued because, as a teen, I can totally related to this band. They obviously understand my problems and issues.
----
18.04.2010 - 06:00
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
All I had to do was look at their name to know what type of music they played.
----
(space for rent)
18.04.2010 - 20:31
Edmund Fogg
Goddam.Why are they even on MS?Thats what happen when Metal is divided in too many genre and subgenre: newcommers forget what Metal truly is a jump on the money-making wagon.We have to stop categorizing everything and enjoy Metal in all its form(As We Die ain't metal).
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
19.04.2010 - 17:52
silenius
Thryce i feel sorry for you, being forced to listen to this generic crap^^ Good review thou!
21.04.2010 - 16:07
Fuck u all haters and fuck all your favorite bands (Manowar and co.)!!!If u don't like postcore, emocore or melodic metalcore in general shut up and don't write this bullshits!
AS WE DIE RULEZ!!!
My personal vote: 85/100
22.04.2010 - 07:30
the stranger
A great review, man, as usual. I always have good laughs with your descriptions of generic stuff.
30.04.2010 - 21:34
harshskater
What a lame band lmao and reason we dont like postcore, emocore, or melodic metalcore in general is because it's lame, unsophisticated, and trendy to little 15 year old girls and boys
18.05.2010 - 19:47
Edmund Fogg
Written by welovemetalcore on 21.04.2010 at 16:07

Fuck u all haters and fuck all your favorite bands (Manowar and co.)!!!If u don't like postcore, emocore or melodic metalcore in general shut up and don't write this bullshits!
AS WE DIE RULEZ!!!
My personal vote: 85/100

Why all that bashing? There are good Metalcore bands but they are really rare.Remember that you're on a Metal Forum.You can always talk about the bands you like and others can suggest you other bands in other subgenre that you might enjoy.Because we all know that when this trend will pass that genre will die and it would be a shame if it's the only look you had at the Metal world.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan

Hits total: 4827 | This month: 16