Metal Storm logo
Krallice - Apparently Avant Garde Black Metal (US)

19.04.2010 - 19:00
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Anyone listening to or like Krallice (US)? Snagged both of the albums and giving them a few spins. Pretty decent I must say, has a few members from various bands, Colin Marston - Guitars (Gorguts, Behold... The Arctopus, Dysrhythmia, Byla, Indricothere, Infidel?/Castro!) Mick Barr - Vocals, Guitar (Octis, Crom-Tech, Angelblood, The Flying Luttenbachers, Orthrelm, Barr-Nevai) Nick McMaster - Bass, Vocals (Astomatous, Solecism, Sallah, Hymn) Lev Weinstein - Drums (Astomatous, Sallah, Hymn)

http://www.myspace.com/krallice
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
19.04.2010 - 19:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I have both albums, reviewed the second, "dimensional bleedthrough". initially did not like it as much as the first, but after repeated listens during the review process, i began to appreciate it more... particularly the later tracks.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.04.2010 - 19:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Eh... if there's a band in this world I dont like it's Krallice. Admittedly I didnt approach them under the best circumstances: I kept hearing comparisons to Weakling so naturally I expected as much. Of course they sound nothing like them and if I remember correctly they hardly came across as black metal either. Either way I had trouble making it through one listen so further visits are necessary really. That won't be happening for a while though.

I was surprised by how much media attention their first album received, I'm sure I read some reviews of it in a few mainstream magazines.
19.04.2010 - 19:28
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Yeah, they are pretty decent. Gonna give them a few more listens tonight.
----
19.04.2010 - 19:30
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Comparing them to the epic band Weakling is a crime. That person should be brought to the capital and shot to prevent others from doing this in the future.
----
19.04.2010 - 19:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Prugor on 19.04.2010 at 19:30

Comparing them to the epic band Weakling is a crime. That person should be brought to the capital and shot to prevent others from doing this in the future.

Yeah I think it's one of those things where one person says it and then it cascades and appears in every review and opinion.

I should probably give it another go though. The fact I'm enjoying the recent WitTR album at the moment whereas when it was first released i nearly crapped myself in disappointment might indicate that i've grown more accepting recently.
19.04.2010 - 19:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I am one of those that have drawn a comparison to both WITTR and Weakling in the review i did... but it was based upon the fact that the bands have a somewhat similar approach to black metal... although i think WITTR is a closer comparison as the whole tremolo riffing thing is the centerpiece of WITTR's tracks. but still epic length, non-traditional approaches to song structure, building of a wall of noise... that and the fact they are all US projects.

that isn't to say their music sounds the same, but it has similarities before both take divergent paths.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.04.2010 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good one I like 10+ songs, but seems there to many BM band sout here, see sunshine for this band, dunno
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.04.2010 - 22:48
ß
Problem?
When I first heard Krallice I disliked them quite a bit, they just didn't seem to click with me and I had quite the prejudice towards the USBM scene at that time, silly I know. I listened to their self titled not to long ago to give it another try and it just seemed to click and plenty of things stood out, more specifically that great riff in Energy Chasms
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
21.04.2010 - 14:39
The Turbanator
I have their self titled album. It's quite good actually. How is the other album?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.04.2010 - 18:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by The Turbanator on 21.04.2010 at 14:39

I have their self titled album. It's quite good actually. How is the other album?

short version: it's good, i liked it. it's a grower.

long version: review here
----

03.05.2010 - 05:26
RavenKing
I like this band very much. The only little flaw in their music is songs are a bit too long sometimes. They tend to stretch them more than necessary.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
08.08.2011 - 10:27
The Turbanator
Diotima is too hard to digest for me. Still can't get the hang of it.

Love their first one though.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.08.2011 - 00:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think Diotima is an improvement over Dimensional Bleedthrough, which was so wanky that it hurt the atmosphere of the album.
10.08.2011 - 05:00
WolfOfMetal456
Account deleted
I heard some songs in their myspace player. They sound decent, but a bit too complicated. Givin' 'em a shot soon!