Metal Storm logo
Detailed Discography/Collector Websites?

19.04.2010 - 19:28
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Hi, I recently completed my In Flames cd collection, buying all albums, EPs, singles, etc (picture on my profile page). I used this website: http://www.inflamesdiscography.com/ to help me in learning what is out there and available. Basically I am now going to complete my Cradle Of Filth and Dark Tranquillity collection and was wondering if anyone knows similar websites to the one I used for In Flames that I could use for these bands. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
19.04.2010 - 19:41
Edmund Fogg

If you are looking to download them there is www.warezz-bb.org
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
19.04.2010 - 19:44
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Edmund Fogg on 19.04.2010 at 19:41

You mean download the music? No, Im just looking for websites that have a bunch of pictures/ details about each release; similar to the example i posted for In Flames in my original post ^^
19.04.2010 - 20:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Sepulchre on 19.04.2010 at 19:44

You mean download the music? No, Im just looking for websites that have a bunch of pictures/ details about each release; similar to the example i posted for In Flames in my original post ^^

Metal Archives is pretty comprehensive in that respect.
But are you also looking for ALL the different versions of the vinyl releases and also the demos the bands have released?
Or just the normal discography of stuff that used to be easy to get hold of at the time of release?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.04.2010 - 20:17
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.04.2010 at 20:15

Written by Sepulchre on 19.04.2010 at 19:44

Metal Archives is pretty comprehensive in that respect.
But are you also looking for ALL the different versions of the vinyl releases and also the demos the bands have released?
Or just the normal discography of stuff that used to be easy to get hold of at the time of release?

Yeah, Im looking for ALL differerent versions of EVERY release if possible. Preferably with pictures. Normal discography I can get anywhere, like Metal Archives.
19.04.2010 - 20:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Well, metal archives quite often states if there are different colours versions of albums or different cover artwork. But then again it is more common for them to do that with more underground bands (e.g. Coffins) than with the bigger well-known bands.

If you're looking for bootlegs as well it is hard to find a comprehensive site for any band.

Btw good luck with finding the original cassette demo of Dark Tranquillity (Trail Of Life Decayed demo-91) a couple of band members don't even have that one anymore. And no you can't have my signed copy

I think it's best to google band name + discography and then go through all the sites that are listed.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.04.2010 - 20:27
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.04.2010 at 20:23

Well, metal archives quite often states if there are different colours versions of albums or different cover artwork. But then again it is more common for them to do that with more underground bands (e.g. Coffins) than with the bigger well-known bands.

If you're looking for bootlegs as well it is hard to find a comprehensive site for any band.

Btw good luck with finding the original cassette demo of Dark Tranquillity (Trail Of Life Decayed demo-91) a couple of band members don't even have that one anymore. And no you can't have my signed copy

I think it's best to google band name + discography and then go through all the sites that are listed.

Haha. I might find the original cassette demo eventually. I'm been addicted to Ebay lately, someone might throw it on there sometime. As far as searching on Google goes, I have exhausted all possible searches. I'm just hoping someone on Metalstorm knows of something so I don't have to continue searching for hours.
19.04.2010 - 20:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Sepulchre on 19.04.2010 at 20:27

As far as searching on Google goes, I have exhausted all possible searches. I'm just hoping someone on Metalstorm knows of something so I don't have to continue searching for hours.

Well, you gotta suffer to get what you want. The reward afterwards is so much more pleasing then
But, all joking aside... using google is the best option to find such sites. As far as I know we on Metal Storm don't have any collectors that want everything by a specific band. I think I am one of the few ones, but that concerns Coffins, and even there it takes up a lot of time to find what versions are around. Lucas collects everything by Corrupted but not all the different versions, I think.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.04.2010 - 20:49
Kennoth

Wikipedia never failed me...
----
*insert something deep and profound*
19.04.2010 - 21:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Kennoth on 19.04.2010 at 20:49

Wikipedia never failed me...

Most of the times you won't find the different versions of an album on it.
You will just find the straight normal discography mentioned. Also no bootlegs are mentioned there.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.04.2010 - 22:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Discogs.

Perfect for you. Complete discographies (with all different versions, including different vinyl colours, first runs with special stuff, etc.) Unfortunately, it doesn't have pictures of these special runs etc (usually). Still, wholeheartedly recommended.

Also lists 'various artists' releases, compilations etc.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.04.2010 - 23:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.04.2010 at 20:23

Damn... I mean... Damn.
I don't even like Dark Tranquility and I feel the urge to visit your house, hit you with a hammer and get that tape
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.04.2010 - 02:50
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Lucas on 19.04.2010 at 22:37

Discogs.

Perfect for you. Complete discographies (with all different versions, including different vinyl colours, first runs with special stuff, etc.) Unfortunately, it doesn't have pictures of these special runs etc (usually). Still, wholeheartedly recommended.

Also lists 'various artists' releases, compilations etc.

Thank you sir, this is very helpful.