Metal Storm logo
Free thrash metal!!

Original post

Posted by Enemy, 19.04.2010 - 19:34
Bands it seems have realized that these days album sales aren't the best way to promote or make money. Bands like Gama bomb have been releasing their album for free in hopes of gathering more fans and getting more attendance at shows/merch sales etc. I think cds are great for the art and full packaging but with torrents and such there's no way cds will sell as much any more and it's just better if the music gets out to everyone. What does everyone here think?

My band Invection (www.myspace.com/invectionmetal) has been releasing our stuff for free for a while and we find a bunch of people really check it out more deeply when it's a full free release and not just some itunes or amazon sample and it's helped us a lot. You can download both of our EP's for free here, any feedback would really be appreciated. Here's the link to both our EP's:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8lp5kh

The one concern people have is that if you offer music for free people won't buy it but I think that's not really true. Our EP "Demented Perception" was released on Stormspell Records and for an EP it sold pretty well and we continue to sell a lot of EP's and shirts at shows and we just get a lot more satisfaction out of knowing people are hearing and enjoying the music. With torrent sites these days anyway it's not like people can't find it for free, it just makes more sense for the band to do it themselves so they can control the quality of it, how and where it's released etc and the more sharing the better!
07.11.2010 - 04:39
Enemy

No new feedback? well the new album is coming along very well and should be out by december or january and i have a feeling it'll blow all of you away! if you've enjoyed any of our ep's please spread the word or review them to help get the word out about our new album!
10.11.2010 - 02:35
Sulac

Those guitarists are GOOD. The drummer's too thrash for my taste (I'm not a fan of pure thrash, I must say) but the music itself is pretty good. I'll buy the album if its in cd form and can be found for a decent price on Amazon.
10.11.2010 - 03:02
Sulac

Oh, and the vocal style in Derealization is much better than demented perception's. Overall, I like this better than, say, Testament.
20.11.2010 - 12:27
beefy

Hi there!

We are a new band hailing from Leeds and have just posted up some of our tracks! We would much appreciate some ears to engage with these at some point! That would be truely hypersexual. Also there should be a release upon the horizon!

www.cyvoid.com

Cheers
Beefy.

02.01.2011 - 03:12
Enemy

The artwork (by Dan Seagrave again) for our new album "Facet of Aberration" has been unveiled in a youtube video as well as a clip from the first song on the CD, Impulsive Violence. The artwork is final but the logo and layout is just tentative so people can see the majority of the artwork; a new layout and logo/title will be put on once we know for sure what label we're working with.

Check out the video here and watch it in HD, like it and subscribe to the channel if you can for all the latest news, info and songs! I guarantee the new album will blow you away when it's released!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5hGwgGBCDI