Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden: Di'Anno VS Bayley

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 21.04.2010 - 17:47
Which Maiden vocalist is your favorite (NOT Dickinson, I know everyone would have chosen him)? I voted for Di'Anno, he just seems to capture the "maiden" style more than Blaze. Plus Id listen to the Self-Titled over The X Factor anyday!

Poll

Which one?

Paul Di'Anno
Blaze Bayley

Total votes: 144
10.04.2012 - 06:46
bran
I go with di'anno but its close i love the x factor album one of my fave maiden albums but di'anno just fit for the first 2 maiden albums
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
14.08.2012 - 08:10
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
While Killers (Di'Anno) and The X Factor (Bayley) I believe are both fantastic Iron Maiden albums, I kind of like Blaze Bayley a bit more in regards to his solo stuff as well. Paul Di'Anno unfortunately does not have much of a solo career really going for him (he has released some albums on his own, but I have never cared for them in the slightest), and he mostly has to rely on songs from the first two Maiden albums to even draw up a crowd to his own shows (kind of tragic really). However, I actually enjoy some of Blaze Bayley's solo work (especially his second most recent effort Promise and Terror, really awesome stuff).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
31.08.2012 - 19:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I loved Di'Anno vocals, I liked his attitude back then and he seemed to bring something intense to the songs. Bayley never did anything for me and the albums he sung on are usually the ones I listened to less.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.08.2012 - 23:18
Oaken
Hipster
The albums with Di'Anno are classics, but Bayley... I don't think I liked his vocals to start with.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
06.09.2012 - 08:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Oaken on 31.08.2012 at 23:18

The albums with Di'Anno are classics, but Bayley... I don't think I liked his vocals to start with.

I think its really a question of emotion. Di'Anno adds up emotions and attitude to a song. He's quite unique also and he's catchy.
I would not mind having a today's maiden with Di'Anno instead of Bruce. Don't get me wrong, I like bruce, but Di'Anno is just as good to me.
Fuck Bayley really... he's not fit for a band like maiden, vocally I mean.

Idk why but when I listen to Di'Anno I get that attitude feeling that you have when listening to AC/DC's early days with Bon Scott. Just wonderful really.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here