Metal Storm logo
Acheron - Call It Quits

After 22 years of existence, US Black/Death/Thrash Metal band Acheron are calling it quits.

The band has released five original full length CD's, three mini-CD's, one cover-tribute CD and a number of other underground releases. Acheron will end on a familiar note by doing one last run of "Rites Of The Black Mass" shows until January 1st, 2011. After that Acheron will be done for good! (No more shows or albums.) So keep an eye out for select shows that they will be appearing at this year, because it will be the last time you get to see them live.

The line-up for the final shows will be Vincent Crowley (vocals/bass), Art Taylor (guitar), Eric Stewart (guitar) and Scott Pletcher (drums).

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Acheron (USA-OH)
Posted: 22.04.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 83 users
22.04.2010 - 21:25
Got Mayhem?

I dislike news like this. It's a reminder that bands aren't getting younger. I'm not saying age is the reason Acheron are stopping, maybe it is and maybe it isn't, It's just depressing to think that news like this is going to become more common as the years pass.
----
23.04.2010 - 05:04
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
This is too bad, but what I've heard from their new album their going out on a good note. Hopefully the members will stay involved in the metal scene.
----
The force will be with you, always.
24.04.2010 - 16:24
Necromutant

Though the band quits, the music stays.

Hits total: 2813 | This month: 2