Metal Storm logo
Tarja Turunen - Warming Up Beneath 2010 Tour Dates Announced

Tarja Turunen has confirmed a number of new dates on her Warming Up Beneath 2010 tour - check out the itinerary below:

June
12 - Miskolc Ice Hall - Miskolc, Hungary
25 - Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - Kastelsedijk, Belgium

July
8 - Rockweekend Festival - Söderhamn, Sweden
10 - American Beauty Car Show - Haapsalu, Estonia
15 - Masters Of Rock Festival - Vizovice, Czech Republic
23 - Kaliakra Rock Fest 2010 - Kavarna, Bulgaria

August
6 - Wacken Open Air - Wacken, Germany
14 - Rock Pod Kamenom - Snina, Slovakia

Tarja Turunen recently finished recording her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, which is now being mixed at three different locations with three different engineers.

"The first stage will take us to London," says Turunen. "I am going to spend next couple of weeks mixing part of the album with Mr. Colin Richardson (Machine Head, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot) at Miloco Studios.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja Turunen adds. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time?"

The lead single from What Lies Beneath, title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.

Source: tarjaturunen.com
Band profile: Tarja
Posted: 22.04.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 115 users
22.04.2010 - 23:59
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
8 tour stops only? Lazy hoe!
----
Coldgrits
23.04.2010 - 11:07
Arrwyn

::sigh:: A lot of these people will never make it to the US.
23.04.2010 - 22:43
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Arrwyn on 23.04.2010 at 11:07

::sigh:: A lot of these people will never make it to the US.

Yeah that does suck that there are so many great musicians, like Tarja, we'll probably never see live here. It's based on record sales though, so go tell 1000 of your best friends to buy the new album, hehe

And -DC-002- what I just said can be a reply to your post, too. Want more shows? Buy more albums.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
23.04.2010 - 23:22
Elodie Artour
Slania
Of course she'll tour US again. It's just that this is only a small warm-up tour. So, don't worry about it.

By the way, a band or a single musician could be invited either because of big record sales or because of a huge fanbase. (Both ways are possible, too. ) In Bulgaria, for example, most people don't buy albums because of different reasons. However, lots of bands come to play here because their managers and labels know there will be enough people on the gigs.

P.S.: The fact that Colin Richardson mixes the album doesn't bother me at all as long as it sounds good afterwards. Another thing, which is a bit weird, is that Tarja has recorded too many songs (again) ... :
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.04.2010 - 03:09
Almagest

Written by Irritable Ted on 23.04.2010 at 20:49

Mixing by someone who works with Slipknot? WTF?

... and Carcass, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Gorefest, Behemoth and Kreator. So ... what was your point again?

Written by Elodie Artour on 23.04.2010 at 23:22

Another thing, which is a bit weird, is that Tarja has recorded too many songs (again) ... :

Too many songs? In what sense? Don't forget that she needs to put aside a few tracks as bonuses for the Japanese market, special editions, and whatnot, the number of songs actually ending up on the album will be 11-12, which is perfectly ordinary.
25.04.2010 - 05:54
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Almagest on 25.04.2010 at 03:09

Written by Elodie Artour on 23.04.2010 at 23:22

Another thing, which is a bit weird, is that Tarja has recorded too many songs (again) ... :

Too many songs? In what sense? Don't forget that she needs to put aside a few tracks as bonuses for the Japanese market, special editions, and whatnot, the number of songs actually ending up on the album will be 11-12, which is perfectly ordinary.

No, that's a valid point. Tarja records WAY too many songs. A 17 song album?? Come on.. leave us wanting MORE sometimes. Her last album was really beautiful but there were definitely a few moments where it dragged a bit and seemed unfocused. I love the chance to hear her do 17 songs but it's a bit excessive for an album. Fans will survive with just 9 or 10 songs
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
02.05.2010 - 02:34
Almagest

Written by Susan on 25.04.2010 at 05:54

No, that's a valid point. Tarja records WAY too many songs. A 17 song album?? Come on.. leave us wanting MORE sometimes. Her last album was really beautiful but there were definitely a few moments where it dragged a bit and seemed unfocused. I love the chance to hear her do 17 songs but it's a bit excessive for an album. Fans will survive with just 9 or 10 songs

But her album won't have 17 songs. Those additional 5-6 tracks are only "reserve". The album probably won't be longer than ca. 60 minutes, just like its predecessor. And if you look at the latest few Nightwish and Epica albums, that's really not excessive - those albums have the same number or even more tracks and are FAR longer! So you should rather complain about those.
02.05.2010 - 02:40
Susan
Smeghead
I hope you're right! My Winter Storm had a few too many tracks but nonetheless I'm VERY excited for this album
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
02.05.2010 - 02:44
Almagest

I know I'm right, because Tarja said it herself in her blog. She specifically addressed complaints just like yours.

My Winter Storm had a few separate intro tracks which increased the number of tracks, but they weren't full songs. I'm sure that Tarja is only talking about full songs, and I don't think she'll do the intro thing, which admittedly was a bit pointless, again. They could easily have been integrated into the songs following them, as many reviews have pointed out.

Hits total: 4613 | This month: 2