Metal Storm logo
San Francisco/Bay Area Metal Scene

24.04.2010 - 06:52
thedreamwalker

Anyone from the SF Bay Area can post their opinions, show dates, favorite bands, venues, anything related to the Bay Area metal scene!
----
The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance.
26.04.2010 - 02:53
Richard

Written by thedreamwalker on 24.04.2010 at 06:52

Anyone from the SF Bay Area can post their opinions, show dates, favorite bands, venues, anything related to the Bay Area metal scene!

As you started the thread, perhaps you can offer some news or opinions..?
----
26.04.2010 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
San Francisco/Bay Area there planty good bands, many are forgotten, many has only demo's , its hard remeber n known all bands from there but here some

From San Francisko comes :
Blind Illusion whit album ''The Sane Asylum''
Death Angel
Early Graves - new band
Epidemic - ''The Truth of What Will Be'' This is album what I know
Forbidden - I love firts oen i have it but all are good once
Havoc - ''The Grip'' whit only album
Heathen
Hexx whit 3 albums what you can hear in vib of doom
Killing Spree - new band from 90's but awesome
Megadeth
Metallica
Stone Vengeance - Its black band, only full black people based TM band
Vio-lence

EDDIT:
Also Exodus,

Those are who has some full lenght albums but there some demo bands to, I just post waht I have heard but there more good forgotten bands

EDDIT2:
This area is know whit tharsh metal, but since in topiv was not thrash seems its about all
so here mroe bands

100 Suns - DM
Acid King - stoner/doom pretty good
Autopsy - DM
Brocas Helm - good 80's HM band Into Battle and Black death is good albums, dunno any 90's
Cacophony - Martie Friedman use to play there
Faith No More - no comments need
Griffin - HM from SF
Hammers of Misfortune
High on Fire - stoner doom
Insanity - DM
Leviathan - seems only BM band from area
Lord - only album and its in awalible VOD
Ludicra - only female band from area IMO
Sunset - only album are in VOD
The Gault - good doom metal
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - long carear many albums myspace songs are good
Tsunami - Hard Rock I know album ''Tsunami''
Valor - ''Fight For Your Wright'' is in VOD
Wizard - ''Marlin, Grog, Madman and the Bomb'' is on VOD

I just post bands what I know n have heard non what I do not know even band is actibe 10 or 20 years
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2011 - 09:18
blackelkspeaks

Karusoh is a pretty decent up and coming metal band, i guess they are sort of a progressive death metal band from oakland, anyway anyone looking into metal from the bay should check them out http://www.facebook.com/Karusoh
----
when i die one thousand birds will fly out of my mouth
03.04.2012 - 04:13
mattbemis31308

There is a Black Metal show this Friday (April 16) at Sub-Mission at 18th and Mission.
Here's an FB events page with the details!
https://www.facebook.com/events/118061234985118/
22.09.2013 - 07:23
metelhead86

Not going to lie, just getting into the metal scene. Slayer and the other classics got me into it, but now Im looking for some awsome underground shows to check out in the sf bay area. Any advice on were to look.
13.02.2015 - 00:33
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
From the bay area and think we have a decent scene but its extremely underground and scattered. Growing up it was fairly difficult to find other metalheads, they were there but few and far in between. The glory days of Bay Area Metal are long passed, Scandinavia pretty much seems where it's at. Although its better here than a lot of other places so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
16.02.2015 - 05:21
Susan
Smeghead
A far as venues, most of the bigger touring bands play in SF at The Regency Ballroom, The Fillmore, or smaller venues Slim's, Thee Parkside, or DNA Lounge. In Oakland there are great shows at the Oakland Metro Operahouse and sometimes Eli's Mile High Club. These are mostly touring bands and not necessarily local shows, though Eli's has plenty of great local shows. Lots of awesome bands come through here

Upcoming events, Oakland: http://metalstorm.net/events/events.php?e_what=oakland&e_where=e.city&events_upcoming=on
Upcoming events, San Francisco: http://metalstorm.net/events/events.php?e_what=san+francisco&e_where=e.city&events_upcoming=on
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs