08. Die By The Sword
09. Last Man Stands
10. Seasons [acoustic version]
11. Power Of The Ninja Sword [Japanese bonus]
12. Cry Thunder [Live rehearsal] [digital edition bonus]
13. Heart Of The Storm [alternative chorus version] [digital edition bonus]
14. Avant La Tempête [digital edition bonus]

Additional info
There will also be a digital and vinyl version featuring bonus tracks "Cry Thunder" (Live Rehearsal), "Heart Of The Storm" (Alternative Chorus Version) and "Avant La Tempête" (Instrumental), plus an exclusive box set featuring: CD version, access code for bonus material, plus DragonForce flag, DF flashlight/bottle opener and a set of 6 DF beer mats featuring band cartoons by bassist Frédéric Leclercq.

Guest review by
Nemo Atkins
Rating:
DragonForce are one of those bands who everyone seems to know about, yet next to no one admits to like. I'll admit, before The Power Within was released, I was in this group: Inhuman Rampage bored me to death and I didn't want to touch anything else they'd released because I'd heard that there wasn't a lot of variety in them. As such, I was prepared to dismiss this album, which wasn't helped by "Fallen World" sounding so much like a typical DragonForce song that I barely noticed the new singer. And then "Cry Thunder" was released...well, that changed everything, as I genuinely loved that song and made me eager to get it. Now I have this album, I have to say that I'm very glad that I got it, as it's very good: in fact, I would be prepared to argue that it is one of the best power metal releases for 2012.

Read more ››
published 30.07.2012 | Comments (3)

Guest review by
Darth Revan
Rating:
Ah Dragonforce, the band that gets pulverized with so much flak you'd think they're modern day Metallica... Or Anal Cunt during any period of recording. Dragonforce were actually the first band I listened to on my own initiative, and because of that, I've always had a soft spot for them, but suffice it to say, I'm well aware that most metalheads you'll ask don't like them. Will this album change their minds? Maybe. It's refreshing, but still definitely Dragonforce.

Read more ››
published 28.11.2013 | Comments (2)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 3

Comments: 64   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 1101 users
20.12.2012 - 17:21
Rating: 9
Sword_Chant

Written by Darken Rahl on 19.10.2012 at 21:58

This is in my opinion, the best album i have heard in 2012 so far with the new In Flames album coming in at a close second.

Hmmm, it's still taking a while for me to digest the new In Flames material lol. But I would agree this album was a very good 2012 release, a positive step in the right direction. But for me, the new Wintersun album is the best of 2012.
14.11.2013 - 05:12
Darth Revan

This album is the best one they've had in their entire career. I had always thought Herman was the one pushing the excessive guitar wankery (Which isn't horrible... just way overdone with DF)... but if ZP having left the band causes them to release this, I'm starting to think it was him.
25.07.2014 - 16:28
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

I find this album on part with Dragonforce's first releases, but it's no better for me. The inclusion of the new vocalist has obviously given the band fresh ideas but what I personally like the most about "The Power Within" is how serious the musicianship and songwriting comes across. My personal highlights are "Cry Thunder" and "Die by the Sword".
31.07.2018 - 05:38
Rating: 9
MyNameJeff

This album is absolutely outstanding. above an 8.5/10 from me. Good songwriting, good production, good vocals. Much much better than their newest ones in all regards. I keep coming back to this one! It's a fun time every time! Guaranteed!

Hits total: 25150 | This month: 49