Metal Storm logo
Circle II Circle

10.08.2006 - 10:39
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I had been wanting to get into these guys for awhile because they have one of my favorite vocalists of all time and that is Zak Stevens. I just picked up their Watching In Silence CD in an odd location but nevertheless I was quite impressed.How couldn't I be though,Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery did a lot of the writing.My only complaint is that they sound like Savatage quite a bit,but however still a great band. Let me know your thoughts on them.
12.08.2006 - 02:03
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Great band, they are to release an album this year, till now I have both albums & "All That Remains" EP. Great threads kid (Fates Warning, X Japan, Crimson Glory & this one )
12.08.2006 - 09:55
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.08.2006 at 02:03

Great band, they are to release an album this year, till now I have both albums & "All That Remains" EP. Great threads kid (Fates Warning, X Japan, Crimson Glory & this one )

Haha thanks dude,well they do deserve their own threads they are all great bands! and also what is your favorite song on Watching in Silence?
12.08.2006 - 16:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
Great band indeed !! I have "Watching In Silence" and only have heard a few songs of "The Middle Of Nowhere" and I must say CircleIICircle is a great heavy/prog band. I also saw them live on Graspop a few years ago and they were truely amazing. Very solid and heavy and Zachary Stevens' vocals are even more impressive live.
You can strongly recognize some Savatage influences (especially on the first album I was told) but that doesn't really bother me.

My favourite songs from WIS are actually the first four and especially the title track and "Into The Wind" but "Face To Face" and "Fields Of Sorrow" are great songs too.

I read the third release is a concept album called "Burden Of Truth", based around the concept of Jesus' descendants. And it's expected to be released on October 13 2006.

(http://www.myspace.com/circleiicircle)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
12.08.2006 - 23:54
Soliloquy

i was thinking of getting their album, but then i sort of hesitated. i know Savatage is the back bone of these guys. but i hardly got inot savatage half as much as i got into Trans-Siberian Orcheatra.

but i might as well get thier album along with Jon Olivia's pain's album
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
13.08.2006 - 11:04
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 12.08.2006 at 16:55

Great band indeed !! I have "Watching In Silence" and only have heard a few songs of "The Middle Of Nowhere" and I must say CircleIICircle is a great heavy/prog band. I also saw them live on Graspop a few years ago and they were truely amazing. Very solid and heavy and Zachary Stevens' vocals are even more impressive live.
You can strongly recognize some Savatage influences (especially on the first album I was told) but that doesn't really bother me.

My favourite songs from WIS are actually the first four and especially the title track and "Into The Wind" but "Face To Face" and "Fields Of Sorrow" are great songs too.

I read the third release is a concept album called "Burden Of Truth", based around the concept of Jesus' descendants. And it's expected to be released on October 13 2006.

(http://www.myspace.com/circleiicircle)

Yes,"Into the Wind" and the title track were my two personal favorite tracks on Watching in Silence
15.08.2006 - 21:50
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I heard the song "Watching In Silence" and it didn't impress me at all when I heard it. Perhaps I should give it another listen, give it another chance or try other stuff from them.
----
Christless
16.08.2006 - 03:52
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 15.08.2006 at 21:50

I heard the song "Watching In Silence" and it didn't impress me at all when I heard it. Perhaps I should give it another listen, give it another chance or try other stuff from them.

That would be very wise
20.08.2006 - 02:33
Anathemani@c

I have the Watching in silence record which was a good release, but however really close to Savatage and this was the only thing I didn't actually like in the whole part..:)
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
21.08.2006 - 08:30
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 20.08.2006 at 02:33

I have the Watching in silence record which was a good release, but however really close to Savatage and this was the only thing I didn't actually like in the whole part..:)

Yeah,I agree they do sound close to Savatage,but still are a great band and worth a listen!
23.08.2006 - 02:32
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Anybody has news about their new release or heard any samples???
23.08.2006 - 06:59
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.08.2006 at 02:32

Yeah,Burden of Truth will be out in Oct. and they are releasing an EP entitled Revelations,and the song sounds fucking awesome.You can hear stuff from here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52428362
11.10.2006 - 08:44
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Guest on 23.08.2006 at 02:32

Hey I am just checking out the new CD now It's very solid, but a bit more ballads than I prefer personally. That seems likely inspired by the lyrical subject matter, which makes ballads feel appropriate. I give it my approval, as there isn't a bad track on the CD, but my favorite song will still be "Cynical Ride" from their last CD. I say, if you are a fan of mid-paced melodic metal you'll definitely enjoy it The vocals are yet again some of the best in metal, very inspiring to these ears!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.10.2006 - 12:55
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by Jason W. on 11.10.2006 at 08:44

Hey I am just checking out the new CD now It's very solid, but a bit more ballads than I prefer personally. That seems likely inspired by the lyrical subject matter, which makes ballads feel appropriate. I give it my approval, as there isn't a bad track on the CD, but my favorite song will still be "Cynical Ride" from their last CD. I say, if you are a fan of mid-paced melodic metal you'll definitely enjoy it The vocals are yet again some of the best in metal, very inspiring to these ears!

I have yet to listen to this album, it should arrive in a week or two, I can't wait for it. As I enjoy the more melodic part of metal latey it means I'll be delighted by it. Just hope it's as solid as the other 2 releases!
12.10.2006 - 03:25
Jason W.
Razorbliss
@VenoM_BM, I am really getting into a few tracks in particular, especially "A Matter Of Time," the EP title track "Revelations", and "The Black." I of course I am a fan of the darker lyrics in these songs, since that's what appeals to me most.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.10.2006 - 06:29
Soliloquy

i just picked up their 'middle of nowhere' album, and i tried grabbing some savatage stuff..but the total bill came to 80 something, so i had to drop the savatage for now...

but yeah, these guys, on my first listen, i like em. the album has an amazing start. the first like 3 tracks were pretty good. really liked the rhythm and pinch harmonics they were using. then i thought the album got a bit weak and started lacking somwhere...and then the end it ended with a slow 3 ballade tracks that nicely rounded the whole album up. need to listen to em more to see if i 'love' them

i think i should start ordering jon olivia's pain and savatage stuff now...
----

-Zakk Wylde
28.04.2007 - 04:28
Soliloquy

i saw thier latest album "Burden Of Truth" in some weird store, and thought of getting it, before i realised i lost my wallet...rather, i left it in my car.

is that album any good?
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.06.2007 - 02:31
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I honestly don't know much about their new album (the shame) I have yet to pick it up and listen to it...