Metal Storm logo
Emperor - Announce New Performances

After triumphantly headlining the annual Wacken Open Air Festival and completing recent capacity performances in America, Emperor today (09/08/06) announce two additional performances for 2006. Scheduled Saturday, October 7th Emperor will headline the fifth annual Motstoy Festival in the band's hometown of Notodden. Formed in 2002 by local youth and supportive arts organizations, this year's festival will also include appearances by Red Harvest, Mortiis, She Said Destroy, and Pagan's Mind, among others.

"The Motstoy festival is a non-profit organization situated in Notodden that my company Mnemosyne Productions has endorsed since its start in 2002," says vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn. "As it is a no-alcohol arrangement with no age limit, it is a great opportunity for Emperor to play a local show and at the same time give younger fans a chance to see us live." Ticket and sponsorship information can be found at the festival's official site.

Emperor additionally confirm their return to England for an exclusive engagement at the famed London Astoria. Scheduled Saturday, October 28th the show will feature supporting performances from Candlelight Recording artist To-Mera and Nocturnal Art Productions recording artist She Said Destroy.

"It's great to finally come back to England with Emperor," says Samoth. "England is where we first started out in the early 90's; signing to Candlelight Records and heading out on our first real tour. We've always had a strong following in England, both press and fans, and we've built up a strong relationship throughout the years with the folks at Candlelight Records and Plastic Head, so it was a very obvious choice for us to return to the United Kingdom. All hail & see you soon!"

Emperor's final album, "Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise", was released October 2001. In 2004, Candlelight Records reissued the band's four genre-defining albums, "Wrath of the Tyrants", "In the Nightside Eclipse", "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "IX Equilibrium"; each featuring bonus footage and material previously unavailable on both European and US-licensed versions. All recordings are available as part of Candlelight's vinyl collectors series on sale at exclusive retailers worldwide or by direct purchase from the label's official webstores (European customers visit www.plastichead.com; North American customers visit the recently launched www.candlelightrecordsusa.com). Additional merchandise from Emperor is also available.

The recently announced Emperor guitar tabulature book, "Scattered Ashes: A Decade of Emperial Wrath" will see worldwide release in time for the London performance. The 132-page oversized book featuring foreword and transcriptions by Ihsahn will include original tabs for thirteen Emperor classics contained on the band's 2003 compilation of the same name.

Source: emperorhorde.com
Band profile: Emperor
Posted: 10.08.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 3 users
10.08.2006 - 15:20
Raiden
Down Under Staff
How could you use www.emperorhorde.com as a source when the site is down at the moment?

I do think it's good though that bands that have become as well known as Emperor are still performing in their hometowns. I know that if I was in a band that had achieved as much as Emperor has, I would still play shows in Bendigo (my town).
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
10.08.2006 - 17:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Necromancer_S : easy, because the site works fine by me ;P
----
Your favorite band sucks.
10.08.2006 - 18:27
Marruu?
Account deleted
Notodden is my hometown:D I will see the show:D
10.08.2006 - 20:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Lucky Bitch.

Hope they keep the ball rolling, and that I have the chance.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.08.2006 - 21:55
Baz Anderson

i think this is like the worst news ever because i would love to see Emperor and Blind Guardian as well - but London is just so far away from here and would cost a stupid amount to get there
it is Emperor though! arrrrrrgh. this is going to be a painful decision - haha potentially fatal for my wallet
11.08.2006 - 00:00
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.08.2006 at 21:55

i think this is like the worst news ever because i would love to see Emperor and Blind Guardian as well - but Londoln is just so far away from here and would cost a stupid amount to get there
it is Emperor though! arrrrrrgh. this is going to be a painful decision - haha potentially fatal for my wallet

2 words mate... DO IT!
11.08.2006 - 04:52
Daru Jericho

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love being a Londoner. No doubt this gig will be a bit pricey. I'll sacrifice the couple of gigs in that month though. I just want it to be announced on the Astoria's website so I can know how much I should start saving. Fuck yeah \m/
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

12.08.2006 - 01:27
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Its emperor. Its worth the money. Ughhh.... why didnt they come to Canada when they were in NA!?:wall:
13.08.2006 - 03:37
Baz Anderson

well - i did it
i ordered a ticket to see Emperor in london
i have no idea how i will get there, however i do it will cost a bomb
the tickets arent in stock yet either so i am going to be a nervous wreck until it arrives haha

Daru Jericho: i hope i can meet up with you before the show!
14.08.2006 - 03:51
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Thryce on 10.08.2006 at 17:22

@ Necromancer_S : easy, because the site works fine by me ;P

Haha, shit. At home and at my University the site doesn't work. You click on the link to make the popup come up and it tries to link to a page called www.emperorhorde.com/; and ";" isn't found on their server. How does it work for you? lol
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)

Hits total: 3061 | This month: 10