07. Inside Of Your Head
08. Fields Of Hope
09. I'm In You
10. Kiss Of Death [Dokken cover] [European bonus]
11. Shape Of My Heart [Sting cover] [2004 reissue bonus]

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
Some people will tell you one day that you don't have to buy a CD for its artwork. For once, don't listen to them! I have bought 'Far Off Grace' for its good-looking presentation without knowing anything about the band and it's one of my favorite bands since the first time I've listen to this album. Seriously, it was a chance that I bought 'Far Off Grace' because it has made me discover the true face of music. This unique mix between Dream Theater's progressive style and heavy metal riffs you can't forget, that's what is the music played by Vanden Plas!

Read more ››
published 25.08.2003 | Comments (8)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 112 users
02.05.2010 - 23:20
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Another great album from the German prog-metal band; my only complaint is the I don't miss you ballad; I've always disliked it, i always skip it after hearing it once. An awful song for me, and the lyrics don't save the song at all.
31.08.2011 - 19:40
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
Simply..... i adore this album \m/
08.01.2019 - 19:43
Rating: 8
Mountain King
K i K o
Great album, the best out of the first 3 albums. I love this track with its oriental touch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Klv5gpzbw
08.01.2019 - 22:26
JoHn Doe

My favorite Vanden Plas album
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
27.09.2019 - 20:04
SebaRaven36

my Vanden Plas favorite really sounds extraordinary
27.09.2019 - 20:09
SebaRaven36

15.09.2020 - 18:03
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Pretty good album, much better than "God Thing". Still has a bit of a raw feel to the songs but the music is much more refined than the previous record. While its present in most Vanden Plas albums, there is definitely still a bit of a religious undertone to a lot of tracks. It's definitely not as "in your face" as "God Thing" though. I saw the review here and I am a bit surprised at the tracks mentioned as the highlights were not the ones I considered to be the better tracks. Another interesting point, the Reissue adds in the "Shape Of My Heart" cover which I found to be fantastic!

Highlights: Iodic Rain, Fields Of Hope, Into The Sun

Hits total: 7295 | This month: 17