Metal Storm logo
Sodom - To Record New Album This Summer

Tom Angelripper of German metallers Sodom has issued the following update on the band's MySpace blog:

"The current economic problems have overtaken and finally reached the music business, too. Also, the labels have to suffered, and in our case, this applies to the label SPV. This is also applied to the artists when it comes to the well-planned releases which had to be deferred. But now SPV is newly built up and ready for action. They are currently concentrating on the remainder of the bands like us. Therefore there will be no barrier. Finally, we have to file here and there in the studio to our and your satisfaction.

There has never been a Sodom album which is so wide-ranged, as powerful and as typically Sodom as this one.

At the moment we are searching for a new studio which is able to fulfill our ideas of a high-quality production.

We will start the recording in summer so as to we are able to release the album in fall or pre-Christmas trade.

At this point I'd like to thank you for your patience one more time."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Sodom
Posted: 02.05.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 102 users
03.05.2010 - 00:30
flamesoficarus
Oh excellent !
been wondering about this in the back of my mind for some time now
03.05.2010 - 00:39
Symmachus
The economic recession affecting the music business? Hmm. I've heard mixed reports about that. I hear that certain festivals aren't affectedd by it, but the label wing of the music business in general, especially Steamhammer/SPV, has taken a shot.
03.05.2010 - 01:52
Thrash666
Very awesome!!! I thought self-title was ok and i have been waiting for new material for quite some time..... Cant wait to hear the new stuff.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
03.05.2010 - 03:42
Sworn
Great news! was wondering if this year was going to bring a release by an important band.
03.05.2010 - 10:00
BudDa
elite
This is good news. Will look out for it
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
03.05.2010 - 18:47
sbgmetal
Well this news made my day
06.05.2010 - 02:00
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!