Metal Storm logo
Vote count error?

‹‹ Back to Bugs
05.05.2010 - 08:27
Ag Fox
Angel No More
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/rating.php?album_id=28821
it says 3 votes with an average score of 9 on the left hand side. But when you look carefully, you can only see two votes with an average or 8.5
----
loves 小巫
05.05.2010 - 10:49
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Ag Fox on 05.05.2010 at 08:27

it says 3 votes with an average score of 9 on the left hand side. But when you look carefully, you can only see two votes with an average or 8.5

What I see is pretty consistent - 8.67 rating, 3 votes: 9/9/8.
05.05.2010 - 13:38
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Ivan on 05.05.2010 at 10:49

Written by Ag Fox on 05.05.2010 at 08:27

What I see is pretty consistent - 8.67 rating, 3 votes: 9/9/8.
I really should have taken a screenshot. It's normal now, but I really did see it >: Pretty sure it was the vote atrox casted I couldn't see when I clicked "see all voters"
----
loves 小巫
07.05.2010 - 01:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ag Fox on 05.05.2010 at 13:38

I really should have taken a screenshot. It's normal now, but I really did see it >: Pretty sure it was the vote atrox casted I couldn't see when I clicked "see all voters"

This happens every once in a while for me too, usually it's because a user has just cast/deleted a vote, and it takes a moment to refresh, similar to when you upload a new avatar and need to refresh the page in order to see the new one.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.05.2010 - 02:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Probably that was it. i guess case cleared
----
loves 小巫
14.05.2010 - 04:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Got the problem again:
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/rating.php?album_id=31465

a screenshot as well:
----
loves 小巫
14.05.2010 - 10:27
Ivan
Retired Admin
I think it happens when users get deleted (inactive profiles). It should correct itself with the next vote.
08.07.2010 - 17:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A few times today I've rated an album a score that's higher than the current average to witness my score actually bring the average down. What the actual fuck, folks?

Actually Ivan's explanation sounds about right.
08.07.2010 - 18:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Worst vote error was back in the very old days when you could vote on the same album now and then, without your old vote getting deleted. I think I gave like fifteen 10:s to "Master of Puppets".
----
08.07.2010 - 19:37
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Warman on 08.07.2010 at 18:26

Worst vote error was back in the very old days when you could vote on the same album now and then, without your old vote getting deleted. I think I gave like fifteen 10:s to "Master of Puppets".

We should retroactively ban you for that
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
08.07.2010 - 19:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.07.2010 at 19:37

Yeah right, like no one else did that too.
And it wasn't my fault, just a huge site error.
----
08.07.2010 - 19:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Warman on 08.07.2010 at 19:39

Written by Darkside Momo on 08.07.2010 at 19:37

Yeah right, like no one else did that too.
And it wasn't my fault, just a huge site error.

Neither one or the other are valid excuses
Be thankful that I am in a merciful mood

(and not a mod, really )
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
13.07.2010 - 00:22
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I dont know if this question would fit here or not but here goes ...

in various polls, when the order of the bands to chose from is almost ALWAYS from the highest voted to the lowest .. it is a coincidence that people tend to vote for the 'choices' that makes the list look in the same order .. or, the 'choices' are rearranged from most voted to least voted, and in that case, it would be useless to vote as you would know already the results and could vote for a certain 'choice' to surpass the other..

i kinda have the feeling that nobody would understand what i'm talking about as i -myself- got confused lol
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
13.07.2010 - 00:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No, the idea is actually crystal clear - randomize the options so no conclusions can be drawn from the list make-up, thus the results are not influenced by the list make-up.

And really, it's a good idea.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.07.2010 - 00:47
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Lucas on 13.07.2010 at 00:36

No, the idea is actually crystal clear - randomize the options so no conclusions can be drawn from the list make-up, thus the results are not influenced by the list make-up.

then its my awful luck that almost every poll i have checked out had the choices ordered EXACTLY according to their vote count so that when i'd cast my vote the order doesnt change at all ... weird luck i guess
----

13.07.2010 - 00:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Zombie on 13.07.2010 at 00:47

then its my awful luck that almost every poll i have checked out had the choices ordered EXACTLY according to their vote count so that when i'd cast my vote the order doesnt change at all ... weird luck i guess

No no no no, it is like that right now. The order is determined by vote count. And I agree with you, that it should be changed.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.07.2010 - 01:10
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Lucas on 13.07.2010 at 00:49

No no no no, it is like that right now. The order is determined by vote count. And I agree with you, that it should be changed.

oh, i thought i was just awfully unlucky.. so, do i become a mod. now ?
----

13.07.2010 - 01:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Zombie on 13.07.2010 at 01:10

Written by Lucas on 13.07.2010 at 00:49

oh, i thought i was just awfully unlucky.. so, do i become a mod. now ?

haha dude mmmmmmyeah no
----