Metal Storm logo
Mike Portnoy - Touring With Avenged Sevenfold

Avenged Sevenfold have announced Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy will join them on a US tour later this year.

"After being so kind and caring to help us in the studio, the rumors are in fact true and Mike Portnoy will indeed be helping us on the upcoming Uproar tour later this year. We hope to see you all out on the road. We are very grateful to Mike for dedicating his time and talent to help us get back on the road so we can be where we need to be the most which is with our fans."

Commented Portnoy: "After having had such an amazing experience recording my drum tracks for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, we all knew it would be awesome if I'd be able to do some touring with the band after its release...

Although I wish I could stay on board with Avenged Sevenfold in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am commited to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby afterall!), and I will need to resume work with Dream Theater to start a new album at some point in 2011. However, I will be able to join my brothers in Avenged Sevenfold for at least the duration of their touring throughout 2010... and hopefully this will give them the time to continue to heal and get comfortable back on the road.

You can look at me like the band's "rebound drummer" to buy them some time until they are comfortable and ready to make a commitment to somebody new for full-time relationship in their future! In the meantime, I am real excited to hit the road with the boys... to bring my drumming from their new album to life on stage and to honor The Rev with all of their older material."

People who care about A7X live dates should visit the band's MySpace.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold
Posted: 06.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 49   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 252 users
06.05.2010 - 18:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think all DT fans just said: "W... T... F..."

Oh and I love the sentence: "People who care about A7X live dates..."
----
06.05.2010 - 19:02
BORT
Dream Theatre is missing the Iron Maiden concert in Winnipeg because of this..... I hate Avenge Sevenfold..
06.05.2010 - 19:43
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I think the picture speaks a 1000 words
06.05.2010 - 19:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I think people need to just quit bitching. It's sad to see Metalstorm begin to get permeated with elitists like Metal-Archives. This is a great example of humanity and an extreme act of kindness and dedication. Maybe I'm partial to Portnoy, but I don't even like Avenged Sevenfold but I think they're a good group of guys. I mean their drummer and one of their best friends died and Mike is stepping in with true class.

Perhaps I'm ranting but get a life.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.05.2010 - 20:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Clintagräm on 06.05.2010 at 19:57

I think people need to just quit bitching. It's sad to see Metalstorm begin to get permeated with elitists like Metal-Archives. This is a great example of humanity and an extreme act of kindness and dedication. Maybe I'm partial to Portnoy, but I don't even like Avenged Sevenfold but I think they're a good group of guys. I mean their drummer and one of their best friends died and Mike is stepping in with true class.

Come on dude, I'm not saying anything about their dead drummer and we have to be able to hate some bands.
----
06.05.2010 - 20:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Warman on 06.05.2010 at 20:17

Come on dude, I'm not saying anything about their dead drummer and we have to be able to hate some bands.

No, you can dislike bands but it gets old talking trash about them in situations like this. Think a little.
----
06.05.2010 - 20:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Clintagräm on 06.05.2010 at 20:22

No, you can dislike bands but it gets old talking trash about them in situations like this. Think a little.

No it doesn't, that's your opinion.
----
06.05.2010 - 20:30
brapp32
What's the big deal if he plays with A7X??
06.05.2010 - 20:39
Legendary

Agreed
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
06.05.2010 - 21:27
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I gotta agree to Clint W. As much as I could hate a band, I could never judge their members in such situation.. after all its Mike's decision, and I gotta admit it takes a lot of guts to do this and "disappoint" some fans, and for that he has my respect (even more).
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
06.05.2010 - 22:04
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
God, you people need to get off your fucking high horses.
I for one am looking forward to seeing how this is gonna turn out. I'm a big fan of A7X, and I hope they stick with their City of Evil and self-titled style.
Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll get to see them live.
06.05.2010 - 22:10
Iriki
Written by Paradox0 on 06.05.2010 at 19:43

I think the picture speaks a 1000 words

Somewhere, like a Scene from a memory...
06.05.2010 - 22:45
Culty

I agree with Warman. You really should calm down. Nobody even said anything all that bad about the band.
----
Gfnttlr
06.05.2010 - 22:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I don't care... I hope a7x fans will enjoy his drumming, but I have no desire to listen to this band whatsoever.
06.05.2010 - 23:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Culty on 06.05.2010 at 22:45

I agree with Warman. You really should calm down. Nobody even said anything all that bad about the band.

Not yet.

I could make fun of Avenged Sevenfold all day, dead drummer or not. I just find it funny (yet fairly typical) that their career seems to be picking up since one of them croaked.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.05.2010 - 23:03
LudaChris86
Written by Warman on 06.05.2010 at 18:39

Oh and I love the sentence: "People who care about A7X live dates..."

that cracked me up too
06.05.2010 - 23:28
Ancient Ruin
Gay
06.05.2010 - 23:41
Culty
@Doc i mean sure i could make fun of them too haha. But i just find it strange that he got worked up over, so far, nothing.
----
Gfnttlr
07.05.2010 - 00:35
Got Mayhem?
"Although I wish I could stay on board with Avenged Sevenfold in a more permanent capacity"

No you don't....do you?
----
07.05.2010 - 01:42
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Culty on 06.05.2010 at 23:41

@Doc i mean sure i could make fun of them too haha. But i just find it strange that he got worked up over, so far, nothing.

Not worked up, I'd just like to keep Metalstorm tasteful. I just try to appreciate this type of brotherhood in Metal.
----
07.05.2010 - 01:45
Symmachus
That's cool. Mike Portnoy drumming for Avenged Sevenfold is a nice concept. I don't enjoy what I've heard by Avenged Sevenfold, but this is cool regardless.
07.05.2010 - 03:09
Culty
Written by Clintagräm on 07.05.2010 at 01:42

Written by Culty on 06.05.2010 at 23:41

Not worked up, I'd just like to keep Metalstorm tasteful. I just try to appreciate this type of brotherhood in Metal.

Fair enough good sir
----
Gfnttlr
07.05.2010 - 04:17
JunN_Vai
And yes. For all, be brothers in METAL..... no such a sh*t words...
07.05.2010 - 05:05
Devilspeed
Seems rather fitting as new Dream Theater sounds just like Avenged Sevenfold.
07.05.2010 - 05:58
Murder
Drama mode on lol

07.05.2010 - 06:05
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Horrible
----
07.05.2010 - 06:07
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
What a dumb fuck. shows you whag college is worth
----
07.05.2010 - 09:42
DayFly

Well, showing off one's sensitivity is about as annoying as the true metal crowd but I pretty much feel the same way. People who are really upset about what Portney's doing should report to MA (and stop retarding this site).
07.05.2010 - 11:52
STEELER
I give a shit x a7x fuck them...
07.05.2010 - 13:44
Lord_Regnier
Written by Clintagräm on 07.05.2010 at 01:42

I just try to appreciate this type of brotherhood in Metal.

I hate when people talk of metal as some kind of brotherhood. For me, metal is a way to express individuality and that you 'fucking don't care' about lots of things, despise the established order, and don't need anyone to think for yourself.
Metal is a way to distance you from the crowd, from those you hate. And, personnally, I hate humans in general because the human nature is fundamentally corrupted, selfish, untrustworthy, spineless and easily manipulated by those in charge.

So, trying to make metal a brotherhood or whatever is promoting exactly what real and genuine metal music stood against for decades: herd mentality.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 6569 | This month: 8