Metal Storm logo
Porcupine Tree - Signs To Roadrunner

Roadrunner Records UK issued the following statement today:
Roadrunner Records is delighted to welcome epic rockers PORCUPINE TREE to our family.
Porcupine Tree is unquestionably one of the most difficult-to-categorise and innovative bands out there. The music is breathtaking, ranging from psychedelic trip-hop to progressive metal, and a compendium of other sounds in between.
"Porcupine Tree are extremely happy about our new partnership with Roadrunner Records for our forthcoming album," comments Steven Wilson. "Roadrunner has established itself as one of the world's premier independent labels for rock music, and we couldn't be more enthusiastic about working with them to expand our audience and elevate Porcupine Tree to the next level."

Visit www.porcupinetree.com to read the full article.

Source: porcupinetree.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 11.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 0 users
11.08.2006 - 22:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well, first it was Opeth, so it is no suprise that Steve is doing this as well. I hope it works for them.
----
(space for rent)
14.08.2006 - 06:32
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh no....Porcupine Tree signs to Roadrunner now too? I hope that Roadrunner is easy on them and doesn't make them do anything stupid...they should stand their ground and not take any shit...
15.08.2006 - 02:13
Silhouette

I think it'll work out quite well. Porcupine Tree is such a great band, so now they'll probably get the attension they deserve.
And Steven Wilson is such an individual, so he wouldn't let Roadrunner control him.
15.08.2006 - 04:51
Daru Jericho

This could mean Opeth and Porcupine Tree tours in the future

But I think and hope that the band's music won't be affected negatively. Like someone said, Wilson is a strong induvidual.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

Hits total: 2734 | This month: 10