Metal Storm logo
Portnoy - Åkerfeldt - Wilson Band?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 11.08.2006 - 22:49
So there has been a lot of talk about a new project featuring Mike Portnoy, Mikael Åkerfeldt and Steven Wilson. What a line up! If you don't know who these guys are I'll tell you quickly.

Mike Portnoy: Drummer for Dream Theater, Neal Morse, Liquid Tension Experiment, TransAtlantic, OSI and plenty of other. Many consider him to be one of the best drummers ever.
Mikael Åkerfeldt: Vocalist and guitarist for Opeth. He was also in Bloodbath, and had a part in Ayreon's Human Equation.
Steven Wilson: Multi-Instrumentalist and musical genius. He is from Porcupine Tree, but also is the producer and guest music on Opeth and OSI. He also produces other bands like Paatos.

So, what do you all think about this?
25.04.2009 - 02:05
metalinproggress
Account deleted
Amazing!!!!
That will be brillant.I imagine some elements of death metal,progressive and "pink floyd"fragments...
26.04.2009 - 08:59
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quit dreaming, let us hear some official news that they are working on something; until any of this is happening, it's just rumours. Dream on...
27.05.2009 - 17:29
sq_xeper

Now here's the definitive answer about this from Mikael Akerfeldt, you can read it here (its on the bottom of the interview):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120828
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
02.06.2009 - 05:26
Zuzuz0r

Quote:
Q: There's been a side project with you and Steven Wilson and Mike Portnoy of DREAM THEATER, that's been rumored for a long time. Is anything going to ever happen with that?

Mikael: I don't think so, to be honest.

Thread's over I guess, well, it was fun to dream about it.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
02.06.2009 - 06:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Zuzuz0r on 02.06.2009 at 05:26

Quote:
Q: There's been a side project with you and Steven Wilson and Mike Portnoy of DREAM THEATER, that's been rumored for a long time. Is anything going to ever happen with that?

Mikael: I don't think so, to be honest.

Thread's over I guess, well, it was fun to dream about it.

Yup, dreams have no price hehehe. Again... maybe, in the future... who knows? (well, that's what she said...)
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
04.06.2009 - 19:11
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I knew they were all friends but to make music together? Would it work? Too many egos - can u say Shaq and Kobe?
----
rekt
04.06.2009 - 21:23
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by tea[m]ster on 04.06.2009 at 19:11

I knew they were all friends but to make music together? Would it work? Too many egos - can u say Shaq and Kobe?

Well they have all worked together in one fashion or another before. Wilson and Akerfeldt did the Opeth and Porcupine Tree stuff together. All three have been in OSI and all three were in a Dream Theater song together. Plus Akerfeldt has preformed with Dream Theater (and likewise James LaBrie with Opeth) live.
----
(space for rent)