01. Battery
02. Master Of Puppets
03. The Thing That Should Not Be
04. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
05. Disposable Heroes
06. Leper Messiah
07. Orion
08. Damage, Inc.

A classic between classics and the top of Metallica like a band. The album that made history, the cd of the cds, the best album of the best band. The album that any person who wants to know what is that world called Metal music needs to have, and listen to.

From the intro of "Battery" to the last guitar riff of "Damage Inc." the cd is just perfect, incredible and all the adjectives you want. In this album Metallica composed the song of songs: "Master of Puppets", astonishing. 8 minutes 38 seconds of pure Metal. The virtuosity on composing of Metallica appears clearly in that song. In Master of Puppets [maybe influenced by Black Sabbath] some songs are really dark and paranoid like "The Thing that should not Be". A ballad is also included, which is called "Welcome Home [Sanitarium]" and Metallica still includes in this album an instrumental track: "Orion" [with an intense and melodically brute bass line, perfectly played and composed by bass-God Cliff Burton]

On balance the cd [as you can see my favorite one] is really good, I will recommend this album to all people, especially to people who want to start listening to Metal, because this has been very important to the evolution of music, this is one kind of Led Zeppelin 4th album , Iron Maiden's: Number of the Beast. Just indispensable.

Metallica was in the top when in a terrible accident Cliff died. The band was touring in Denmark, when suddenly at night the Tour-Bus slide in an ice badge, the day was : September 27th of 1986.

Thank you for your beautiful music

R.I.P

10 February 1962 - 27 September 1986

CLIFF L . BURTON

Written by | 22.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Guest review by
Motoroverkill
Rating:
Master of Puppets is a master class in structuring an album, The tracks and the way they're ordered is near perfection. A landmark album. Master Of Puppets is a timeless classic, A hybrid, Which features the best characteristics of many different kinds of metal. Many people consider it one of the greatest albums of all time and for good reason.

Read more ››
published 25.01.2010 | Comments (23)

Guest review by
Cal Wolvington
Rating:
I know I am in the minority here, but I don't care. Coffee is not as bad for you as everyone says it is, ten million Coldplay fans are wrong and Master Of Puppets is not Metallica's best album. This album is considered to be a classic and it is a great effort, but it is no Ride The Lightning. Master Of Puppets may have become more popular than Metallica's first two albums and it may be every critic's darling but that alone does not make it a better album or the greatest thrash record of all time. What matters is the music itself and therein lies my problem with considering this album a mind blowing masterpiece, which it is not.

Read more ››
published 06.06.2012 | Comments (67)

Comments page 5 / 5

Comments: 124   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 464 users
01.04.2014 - 22:24
bblitz

Good album but nothing more.This review sucks major ass,adjectives given are simply funny,
to compare this album with Led Zeppelin IV,or Iron Maiden Number of the beast,come on man!!
This review is just a showcase what you hardcore Metallica fans always do.You always defend your band
to the extreme limits with theirs (very good) first 4 albums to cover the shame and disaster what they've done
to metal music later in their career.
02.04.2014 - 01:14
Rating: 8
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by bblitz on 01.04.2014 at 22:24
You always defend your band to the extreme limits with theirs (very good) first 4 albums to cover the shame and disaster what they've done to metal music later in their career.

Or maybe they're just continuing to heap praise on an album almost universally regarded as one of the best of its time in its category.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.07.2015 - 17:22
Rating: 10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 02.04.2014 at 01:13

As the saying goes: "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!"

This album is one of metal's defining moments. It certainly is up there with Led Zep IV or Number of the Beast or Reign In Blood or Paranoid or whatever.

Oh and I'm not a Metallica fanboy - I much prefer Megadeth and Iron Maiden.

I would say from metalheda point of vew this is better as any Led Zep , this would work in any time Led Zep worked in 870's, now such band never would be so big
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2020 - 18:42
Rating: 10
BlankFile

My favourite Metallica álbum. One for the ages.

It is a 10/10, damn right it is.

Hits total: 25335 | This month: 32