Metal Storm logo
Helloween - Working On New Album

Helloween recently entered Andi Deris' Mi Sueno Studios on Tenerife to start working on the yet untitled 13th full length studio album. The band wrote more than 20 songs and is currently selecting the best ideas with long time producer Charlie Bauerfeind.

Bass player Markus Grosskopf comments the direction of the album as follows: "For all those out there who found our special best-of Unarmed to be too smooth and calm, I have a great news: The new album will hit you right in the face! It´s gonna be very heavy and contain all Helloween trademarks! Some songs are very powerful and hymnic, others contain the fastest bass drum patterns our drummer Dani ever played, and this means a lot! I am really excited about the material we brought together and can´t wait to put my bass tracks on those kick ass metal songs!"

A short movie from the studio can be watched here. The release of the album is scheduled for Halloween, October 31st, followed by a world tour starting in Europe the end of the year.

[Also thanks to Snbn]

Source: helloween.org
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 15.05.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 133 users
15.05.2010 - 15:25
Baz Anderson

Interesting. Those little clips did sound a little hard for Helloween... we'll see how it turns out.
15.05.2010 - 15:33
ImNotMetal

This album will change image of helloween because of The Unarmed Album
15.05.2010 - 17:03
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Not that they have disappointed me or something, but I kinda hope for something in the vein of the third Keeper - my absolute favourite from the Andi Deris era...
15.05.2010 - 17:27
RafaRata

Cool!!! It looks like they are going to keep evolving their sound... not like Gamma Ray
15.05.2010 - 19:57
finalfortuner

On an interview with more-metal, Andi Deris said that Kai Hansen is invited to play solo for the new album
15.05.2010 - 21:00
Symmachus

Sounds heavy. I will want to follow the progress of this album.
15.05.2010 - 21:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
W0000000t. bring it on!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.05.2010 - 01:09
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Always nice to check out
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.05.2010 - 03:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Sounds good, but let's see
----
loves 小巫
17.05.2010 - 00:05
YoreLore

Written by RafaRata on 15.05.2010 at 17:27

Cool!!! It looks like they are going to keep evolving their sound... not like Gamma Ray

I didnt know that tuning your guitar lower and lower with each album and making it faster and heavier meant evolving?!

Gamma Ray sound different from Heading For Tomorrow to Somewhere Out In Space to No World order to To The Metal

---

I really don't like some of those riffs I was hearing on that video, next they will be replacing Deris with a metalcore singer
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
17.05.2010 - 00:59
juanopereira

At last!
17.05.2010 - 01:13
RafaRata

Written by YoreLore on 17.05.2010 at 00:05

Written by RafaRata on 15.05.2010 at 17:27

I didnt know that tuning your guitar lower and lower with each album and making it faster and heavier meant evolving?!

Gamma Ray sound different from Heading For Tomorrow to Somewhere Out In Space to No World order to To The Metal

---

I really don't like some of those riffs I was hearing on that video, next they will be replacing Deris with a metalcore singer

Well, I don't see anything wrong with fast songs and low tunings, if that's the new direction for the band I'll be happy
17.05.2010 - 08:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Helloween is awesome...what a great bunch of people, eh? And yeah, that for sure sounded nice and heavy...damn, I cannot wait for this one...they have high hopes for it...all I needed to hear was that its going to better than some of their last material...
17.05.2010 - 23:57
Roro

Ok i'll wait for that
18.05.2010 - 04:27
Novas

Im looking forward to this one..."Gambling With the Devil" was great & its my favorite from Helloween, cept the production was a downfall on it...nevr liked Kiske's vocals, too high pitched...Andi Deris has that dark "halloween" atmosphere for this band...its y i didnt get into "Keeper's I & II"

Hits total: 2847 | This month: 3