Metal Storm logo
A Forest of Stars

15.05.2010 - 19:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Because I know this unusual and atmospheric black metal outfit from England put lead in the pencils of a lot of aficionados of interesting black metal, and also because of the impending sophomore release, a thread in their honour seemed appropriate.

The Corpse of Rebirth features some of the very best use of violins, piano and female vocals in a black metal release to date, adding to the sombre, tortured and surprisingly primal blackened constructions over its lengthy, hour-plus course. It's not an album that reveals itself straight away either, it's far more nuanced than most releases of its kind and will probably require multiple spins to be fully appreciated, particularly as each song tends to take on a journey of its own and is fairly non-uniform but, intelligently, without affecting the integrity of the album as a whole, which is probably why describing exactly what it is they do is so difficult. I will say for the record however that any notions of this band being psychedelic are absolute bollocks.

I suggest reading up on Lucas' review of The Corpse of Rebirth for further understanding.

I'm betting heavily that the new releases by these guys and fellow English medieval black metallers The Meads of Asphodel will be amongst the most interesting and brilliant of the year.
15.05.2010 - 21:44
The Turbanator

Released their new album yesterday I think. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.05.2010 - 21:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 15.05.2010 at 21:44

As far as I'm aware it's not out till June, and I can find no links to leaked versions or discussion on the new one.
15.05.2010 - 22:14
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 15.05.2010 at 21:57

As far as I'm aware it's not out till June, and I can find no links to leaked versions or discussion on the new one.

Ahhhh my bad I thought it was 'New Releases' link, not 'Upcoming Releases'. Sorry.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.05.2010 - 22:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 15.05.2010 at 22:14

Written by Guest on 15.05.2010 at 21:57

Ahhhh my bad I thought it was 'New Releases' link, not 'Upcoming Releases'. Sorry.

That's ok, you just got my hopes up for a bit there =P
18.05.2010 - 00:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
There's a full song from the new album up on their myspace. It sounds a bit fucking incredible:

http://www.myspace.com/aforestofstars
18.05.2010 - 01:32
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
It really does sound very promising. And the video is also pretty decent, well thought-out and achieves its purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lMMJSn1m0
18.05.2010 - 09:48
The Turbanator

Ah guys it sounds amazing.
----
18.05.2010 - 12:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Checking out their first album now.
19.05.2010 - 21:58
ß
Problem?
New song sounds great! I'm definitely looking forward to their new release, only 11 more days
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
23.05.2010 - 10:57
TheBigRossowski

Finally, a Forest of Stars thread! I was going to go to the very first show last May, but I had to cancel due to my wife being in the hospital! I mean, I had everything planned, where I would stay, the flight, everything. I just had to remind her the other day, that I'll never forgive her, lol. What she had wasn't that bad, she could have waited three days or something.

I'm sure the new album will be amazing. I feel sorry for those fuckin' amateurs who just waste their time downloading it.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.05.2010 - 22:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I haven't heard the new song yet. I'm very curious though. I hope to receive a promo but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm definitely massively interested. Might just be one of the best Black metal albums of the year.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.05.2010 - 22:29
TheBigRossowski

I think I will avoid this site and last.fm for the next few days until it's release. I ordered that limited edition from Transcendental Creations and it should be here around the 1st or a bit later. If you Dudes don't know about the ltd. edt., check it out, only 70 shirts and they'll never be re-pressed.

Anyways, by avoiding the online metal scene, I avoid some fucking trolls who are just out to bash everything. I want a clear state of mind when I listen to the album, pure from any critical fucks surfing the worldwide web.

-A Gentleman Known As Dude
May 25th, 1890
----
25.05.2010 - 22:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 25.05.2010 at 22:29

I think I will avoid this site and last.fm for the next few days until it's release. I ordered that limited edition from Transcendental Creations and it should be here around the 1st or a bit later. If you Dudes don't know about the ltd. edt., check it out, only 70 shirts and they'll never be re-pressed.

Anyways, by avoiding the online metal scene, I avoid some fucking trolls who are just out to bash everything. I want a clear state of mind when I listen to the album, pure from any critical fucks surfing the worldwide web.

May 25th, 1890

Now that's some impressive dedication! I heard about the CD/shirt combo, I heard it's only a US thing though (oddly enough). Any truth to that? Will look into shipping prices.
25.05.2010 - 22:58
ß
Problem?
Quote:
Quote:

Now that's some impressive dedication! I heard about the CD/shirt combo, I heard it's only a US thing though (oddly enough). Any truth to that? Will look into shipping prices.

Indeed this is impressive, quite tempting too. As far as I know this offer isn't just limited to the US. I was surprised to see that Transcendental Creations is a Canadian based site, so this gives me even more so of a reason to pick this up.
----
27.05.2010 - 09:12
the stranger

From time to time there's always a band that pops out and settles itself with such a distinctive sound that no other band can match. That is the case of A Forest Of Stars. I don't need to add anything.
29.05.2010 - 16:36
TheBigRossowski

Written by Guest on 25.05.2010 at 22:34

May 25th, 1890

Holy shit, Dudes, guess what arrived yesterday?! My Leviathan ''Tentacles of Whorror'' shirt, which I thought were nearly extinct . BUT TODAY...yes, ten minutes ago...I came home merely to discover my mail from Transcendental Creations! Shirt and CD have already arrived!!! The design is a bit small for my tastes, but I have it as more of a collector item type thing.

The cover is like a letter, much like Opeth's ''Watershed''. The book has a little bit about the band and their photos of course. I'm about to put it on. I'll get back with you Dudes in awhile to tell you what I think. Remember, I wanted to wait, so that my own thoughts of the album aren't tarnished by some fucking trolls. That doesn't mean everyone else wants to wait
----
29.05.2010 - 16:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.05.2010 at 16:36

Written by Guest on 25.05.2010 at 22:34

May 25th, 1890

Holy shit, Dudes, guess what arrived yesterday?! My Leviathan ''Tentacles of Whorror'' shirt, which I thought were nearly extinct . BUT TODAY...yes, ten minutes ago...I came home merely to discover my mail from Transcendental Creations! Shirt and CD have already arrived!!! The design is a bit small for my tastes, but I have it as more of a collector item type thing.

The cover is like a letter, much like Opeth's ''Watershed''. The book has a little bit about the band and their photos of course. I'm about to put it on. I'll get back with you Dudes in awhile to tell you what I think. Remember, I wanted to wait, so that my own thoughts of the album aren't tarnished by some fucking trolls. That doesn't mean everyone else wants to wait

*jealous*
29.05.2010 - 19:09
ß
Problem?
That was awfully fast, that took only 6 days lol. I should be receiving mine sometime next week hopefully.. but knowing our postal system, I highly doubt that
----
29.05.2010 - 22:28
TheBigRossowski

Written by ß on 29.05.2010 at 19:09

That was awfully fast, that took only 6 days lol. I should be receiving mine sometime next week hopefully.. but knowing our postal system, I highly doubt that

Dude, if mine got here THAT fast, you should have yours in no time. I'm sure they wanted to get the international orders shipped out asap, so they'd arrive by the first. TC probably didn't anticipate it arriving so fast.

And..Dudes...it's awesome. It's definitely darker than the "Corpse of Rebirth". Only things that weren't too pleasing was this unnecessary "pause" in the fifth track and something else on the sixth track. You'll see what I mean, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

But "Sorrow's Impetus" is a wicked fucking song! Ummm...anyone else notice EVERY song is in the possessive form? Sorrow's Impetus, Thunder's Cannonade,etc. I wonder why?

And the shirts are truly limited to 70, and not 70 for each size either, 70 all together! The Gentleman said so himself.
----
30.05.2010 - 00:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.05.2010 at 22:28

Dude, if mine got here THAT fast, you should have yours in no time. I'm sure they wanted to get the international orders shipped out asap, so they'd arrive by the first. TC probably didn't anticipate it arriving so fast.

And..Dudes...it's awesome. It's definitely darker than the "Corpse of Rebirth". Only things that weren't too pleasing was this unnecessary "pause" in the fifth track and something else on the sixth track. You'll see what I mean, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

But "Sorrow's Impetus" is a wicked fucking song! Ummm...anyone else notice EVERY song is in the possessive form? Sorrow's Impetus, Thunder's Cannonade,etc. I wonder why?

And the shirts are truly limited to 70, and not 70 for each size either, 70 all together! The Gentleman said so himself.

Man I thought it'd be 70 of one size only. Are there any left? Thankfully i'm a small which're usually the least popular. Glad you liked it, I can't really imagine anything darker than their first album so I reckon i'll love the new one.
30.05.2010 - 15:31
TheBigRossowski

Written by Guest on 30.05.2010 at 00:43

Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.05.2010 at 22:28

Man I thought it'd be 70 of one size only. Are there any left? Thankfully i'm a small which're usually the least popular. Glad you liked it, I can't really imagine anything darker than their first album so I reckon i'll love the new one.

Just check the Transcendental Creations website! 70 shirts in all is nothing. There are Girlies-S,M,L, and Dudes- S, M, L, XL. Seven sizes, 70 shirts, that should mean that there are 10 of each kind. OR there are more Dude's Ls as say, Girlies S.

The design is real small though.
----
30.05.2010 - 15:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Shut up about the shirts. It's the music that matters.

I just got the new album. I haven't gotten past the third track, but not because I was bored. I was just disturbed multiple times. So far so good though. Much darker than the Corpse, a little less obvious out-side influences, a doomier vibe - my impressions so far.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.05.2010 - 19:41
ß
Problem?
Quote:
Quote:

Just check the Transcendental Creations website! 70 shirts in all is nothing. There are Girlies-S,M,L, and Dudes- S, M, L, XL. Seven sizes, 70 shirts, that should mean that there are 10 of each kind. OR there are more Dude's Ls as say, Girlies S.

That's what I was somewhat afraid of. How small are we talking here, as small as their first short sleeve shirt, or slightly larger/smaller?
----
30.05.2010 - 21:16
TheBigRossowski

Quote:
Quote:
Written by ß on 30.05.2010 at 19:41

That's what I was somewhat afraid of. How small are we talking here, as small as their first short sleeve shirt, or slightly larger/smaller?

You mean that little AFOS design? Well, it's just the cover of OToS and the logo on the back. They're definitely bigger than the little AFOS though.
----
31.05.2010 - 21:54
ß
Problem?
I'm so excited right now, my order took a total of 3 days! to come in
----
05.06.2010 - 17:27
The Turbanator

Just giving 'Opportunistic Thieves of Spring' a spin. Starts of pretty good. I think I'm gonna love this one.
----
29.06.2012 - 20:50
The Turbanator

They're releasing a new album on July 20th. "A Shadowplay for Yesterdays"

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A_Forest_of_Stars/A_Shadowplay_for_Yesterdays/341704
----