Metal Storm logo
Gorgasm

13.08.2006 - 06:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Gorgasm is a very talented metal band from Chicago, Illinois. These gore metallers write some of the sickest lyrics and have some pretty nasty images, but their music is quite complex. There is some nice sweep picking going on throughout their music, plus there are interesting drum beats to go along with it. Plus, you can't forget about the monstrous vocals. Their cd Masticate to Dominate is very impressive and highly recommended.

Listen to them here.
13.08.2006 - 22:50
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Gorgasm are not that bad in fact. Very Death Metal oriented, very brutal sound and very gore inspired indeed like you mentioned. "Masticate To Dominate" is their best album though "Stabwound Intercourse" is not that bad either. I do find the vocals relatively average actually...

BTW the new Gorgasm myspace (with updated tour dates) : http://www.myspace.com/GORGASM2
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.08.2006 - 02:01
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
An amazing band. I agree with Thryce that "Masticate To Dominate" is their best album. An great death metal band.
22.06.2007 - 23:00
ASiema113
Suprised this band has so little posts, Gorgasm IMO is up there with Dying Fetus. And Masticate I'd have to say has some of their best work indeed.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
23.06.2007 - 00:15
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by ASiema113 on 22.06.2007 at 23:00

Suprised this band has so little posts, Gorgasm IMO is up there with Dying Fetus. And Masticate I'd have to say has some of their best work indeed.

Yeah, they are equal to Dying Fetus in my opinion as well.

My friends made fun of me for a whole week when they found out that I liked Gorgasm. They did the same with Cock and Ball Torture too lol

Very solid and brutal band overall, I haven't heard all of the releases, but I love what I have heard.
23.06.2007 - 01:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm still waiting to hear what's going on with these guys. They've been looking for replacements for a while now, but I guess they're still planning on releasing Kunt Killer this year.
24.06.2007 - 08:08
Eternal Flames
I've only heard Masticate To Dominate which is quite impressive. Some nice fast, brutal and intense death metal. From what I noticed, Masticate was quite technical yet nevertheless still very heavy. Is their other album "Bleeding Profusely" along the same lines as "Masticate To Dominate" and is it just as good?
24.06.2007 - 08:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Eternal Flames on 24.06.2007 at 08:08

I've only heard Masticate To Dominate which is quite impressive. Some nice fast, brutal and intense death metal. From what I noticed, Masticate was quite technical yet nevertheless still very heavy. Is their other album "Bleeding Profusely" along the same lines as "Masticate To Dominate" and is it just as good?

From what I've heard, Masticate to Dominate is definitely their best album. I've heard a few songs from Bleeding Profusely and it's definitely brutal, but the musicianship isn't as impressive. Dave Culross did session drums on that album so you know it can't be bad. I'd recommend downloading it...
24.06.2007 - 09:46
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
They were supsoed to tour down this way at the start of the year but had to cancel their Australian tour for money reasons (didnt get offered enough). Still need to check them out, I've only heard a couple of tracks from Masticate To Dominate and it realy impressed me.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
24.06.2007 - 13:37
Eternal Flames
Written by Dangerboner on 24.06.2007 at 08:18

Written by Eternal Flames on 24.06.2007 at 08:08

From what I've heard, Masticate to Dominate is definitely their best album. I've heard a few songs from Bleeding Profusely and it's definitely brutal, but the musicianship isn't as impressive. Dave Culross did session drums on that album so you know it can't be bad. I'd recommend downloading it...

Oh cool, thanks. I'll have to download a few tracks and hope that it's along the same lines as Masticate To Dominate. It's already quite clear that it's going to be a brutal album if Dave Culross did the drum work.

@Xtreme Jax - I was wondering what the hell happened to their Australian tour dates. I was pretty excited about going to see them live as they were supposed to play an all age show here and after confirming their tour dates, they just seemed to disappear and the shows never happened. Thanks for clearing that up.
24.06.2007 - 15:50
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Eternal Flames - Yeah i was excited about them coming down too because Hobart was on the tour. Very disappointing that they cancelled after the dates were circulating about the place.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.07.2007 - 20:19
Galar
Wicked Mung
Gorgasm is a great band. Quick question also, is "Gorgod" Gorgasm's new name?
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
03.07.2007 - 06:01
ASiema113
@Wintersun: Gorgod??? Hmmm...havn't heard anything about them changing their name I sure hope not, Gorgasm is a lot more attractive name . I'll have to do some research on that.

On a lighter note, these guys came to my area in IL but the damn show was 21 and over, which sucks cause I was hoping to be able to get into some shows that require you to be 18 lol. Hope these guys come back cause these guys kick some major fucking ass.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
03.07.2007 - 07:01
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Galar on 01.07.2007 at 20:19

Gorgasm is a great band. Quick question also, is "Gorgod" Gorgasm's new name?

No, they have not changed their name to Gorgod.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.07.2007 - 07:01
Galar
Wicked Mung
Ah was reading on Metal Archives, there is a band named Gorgod and they did change there name from Gorgasm. But it's the french Gorgasm, not the U.S Gorgasm.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
04.07.2007 - 22:17
AlGore
Account deleted
For anyone in the US in California near Fresno, there is suppose to be a huge death fest, and added to the bill today was Gorgasm...just letting you guys know

http://www.myspace.com/californiadeathfest
12.03.2008 - 10:00
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Gorgasm are an awesome band I own Bleeding Profusely.. Ever since I first heard when I bought I thought these guys are for real. An excellent Death Metal band in my opinion
12.03.2008 - 10:00
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Gorgasm are an awesome band I own Bleeding Profusely.. Ever since I first heard when I bought I thought these guys are for real. An excellent Death Metal band in my opinion
14.10.2009 - 07:52
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Like em.
03.10.2010 - 02:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Did you guys hear the good news? They're recording their new album!

should be more brutal than waxing yer chode
03.10.2010 - 11:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
*is in shock*

I knew they reunited, but not about a new album...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
26.04.2011 - 16:09
JD
Account deleted
Love their style "Br00tal as Fuck" the new album is fuck as brutal