05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

Staff pick by
Account deleted
So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2092 users
16.05.2011 - 00:03
Rating: 6
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Is the "Destructos VS The Earth" song a Combicrist remix???
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.05.2011 - 22:22
The rate your music website currently has this at 1.69 (out of 5). I think it leaked somewhere and the reviews so far haven't been too good. I'm still planning on buying it though.
18.05.2011 - 00:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's being called the Cryptopsy of 2011 on Last.fm.
19.05.2011 - 20:49
Rating: 2
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
If I never hear this, it doesn't exist, and band stays credible, right?
19.05.2011 - 21:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Dangerboner on 19.05.2011 at 20:49

If I never hear this, it doesn't exist, and band stays credible, right?

just like with the star wars prequels and the last indy film?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.05.2011 - 05:18
skullage666
I want it right now ,, fuck,,,,,,,,,,,,hellyea
01.06.2011 - 10:52
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
There are ........... TECHNO influences ............ WTF!!!!
01.06.2011 - 11:15
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
It's "too extreme!" for Genitorturers, as for Morbid Angel "too extreme!" ... not It has an electronic touch and a sound that is more appealing to a wider audience Listened to it once and i haven't made up my mind
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
01.06.2011 - 12:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Leaked. just starting it's listenings...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.06.2011 - 14:50
Rating: 3
Tatras
This is so bad album, that i can't even describe
01.06.2011 - 16:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Woo-flaps, what can I say, I knew this record would be interesting. Having no prior interest in this band whatsoever I can say that this is most intriguing they've ever been. Either they're suffering from an identity crisis or are some kind of pioneers, placing death metal on the same record as Marilyn Manson-esque tracks. In any light it sounds to me like Morbid Angel learned to have fun. Highlights for me are the tracks people are gonna hate on: 'Destructos Vs. the Earth / Attack', 'Radikult', 'I Am Morbid' and the like. Let the hate flow....
01.06.2011 - 16:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Just heard ExistoVulgore, Beauty Meets Beast, and Blades Of Baal, my God what a boring blaster Tim Yeung is. I hope Pete gets well soo. But if the rest is of this standard it is a good MA album though not great.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2011 - 17:02
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2011 at 16:25

Just heard ExistoVulgore, Beauty Meets Beast, and Blades Of Baal, my God what a boring blaster Tim Yeung is. I hope Pete gets well soo. But if the rest is of this standard it is a good MA album though not great.

Well, knowing your taste, if I were you I'd reserve my judgement until I hear Too Extreme!, Destructos wtf/bloody hell and Radikult (haha, Radikult ).
01.06.2011 - 17:55
Joey Filth
I watched Morbid Angel live about a week ago and I have to say, Tim Yeung really screwed up most of the old songs.
01.06.2011 - 18:09
Rating: 3
Tatras
"ExistoVulgore" "Nevermore" nad "Beauty Meets Beast" are nice (mostly "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast"). "Blades Of Baal" is metal, but weak, rest is sh1t.
01.06.2011 - 19:08
Rating: 7
Huntteri
Now that I have listened Radikult I want to say a famous quote from Hank Hill to the guys of Morbid Angel:"BWOAOAOAOAHAHAOA!"
01.06.2011 - 19:17
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
So we have 11 songs: 6 normal songs (which are not awesome) and 5 stupid electro-intro songs wtf. this album seems to be not deserving the wait of [[[EIGHT!!!!!!!!]]]] years....
----
02.06.2011 - 05:51
Fire Dances
Account deleted
Listening right now. This shit is embarrassing. A truly "radikult" exercise in bad taste. Nevermore seems like a good song though, at least on first glance.
02.06.2011 - 07:41
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Blades for baal is THE song. but this cant save the album. "i am morbid", this is the most mainsteram song the band ever wrote...
----
02.06.2011 - 11:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... Ive still yet to listen to this, but Im definitely not encouraged by the comments Im reading. I remember a few months ago stating I had a worry that David Vincent would try and insert some modern, experimental influences into MA's sound. That he'd bring some influences of his time in the Genitorturers into the band. And seeing words like "techno" and "electronic" in some of the comments here seemed to have confirmed the initial fears I had about that. Still, I won't judge the album till Ive heard it, which I hopefully will do at some point today. lol
02.06.2011 - 16:59
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Well i's not electro/techno, it's industrial

anyway, it's not a great album, but it's not worth the hate either. "Too Extreme!" is a weak and failed attempt at making a decent indus/DM song, especially compared to "Destructos vs the earth" which I actually like (but wtf is this stupid song title anyway?).
Out of the death metal songs, only "Blades Of Baal" and "Nevermore" are really good imo.
Also,
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2011 at 16:25

my God what a boring blaster Tim Yeung is. I hope Pete gets well soon.

totally agreed. A drum machine would have sounded the same.

EDIT: "Radikult" is funny indeed. Not Morbid Angel at all, but...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
02.06.2011 - 19:10
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Let's take a gander.
EDIT: Bahahaha. Someone placed a Jackson Five album under the file of "Illud Divinum Insanus" that I downloaded. I thought it was going to get BRUTAL for a minute. But it didn't. Let's take a gander FOR REALS.
EDIT 2: This isn't simply bad. This is one of the worst metal records I have ever listened to...I'm not anti-band-evolution, either. This was just an idea that has gone completely wrong; they need to re-read what they wrote in the AOM record as their philosophy and try and stay true to that WHILE evolving. Drums= boring, guitar solos= decent but not extraordinary to save this, and the vocals= the most disappointing. Morbid Angel being fun= listeners being bored. Is there a possibility that this ISN'T the album (ie the leak isn't real or it's a fake made by MA)?
02.06.2011 - 20:40
Kenos
Account deleted
Hey, St. Anger and Unspoken King, you've got a little brother now!
03.06.2011 - 00:05
I was hoping to be open minded and be the person that likes this, thinking that maybe everyone is upset because this is morbid angel and not some unknown band. But it fucking sucks. There are the songs that sound like they are made for mtv and the death metal tracks that I think some people have said are decent, but I don't care for those either. I think the biggest problem with those tracks is David Vincent's vocals...he sucks now. Even Beauty meets beast seemed like it would be a decent track and then he starts whispering like a fag.
03.06.2011 - 00:07
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Yeah...this may be my first 1 on the Metal Storm system. My lowest rating so far has been a 4...but this album is just disastrous.
03.06.2011 - 01:04
Slyfang
The problem with this album isn't the techno stuff, but the fact that they didn't go all the way in picking up a style, and left a whole bunch of ultra-average death metal in the middle of it all
03.06.2011 - 01:27
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 01:15

Bunch of Musicians sharing their thoughts about the new Morbid Angel album / Season Of Mist news

I copy-paste one of those here, the rest awaits behind that link ^

"One of the best death metal releases since their last album with Vincent. I'm not too much into the techno bits but I am a dude who will appreciate and respect bands doing new things, progressing... So it's all good. Vincent's vocals of course are still as good as they come. And the riffs are definitely there, Trey always delivers. New drummer is killer too!" - Mikael Åkerfeldt, Opeth

The very fact that they (Season of Mist) need all that praise is quite telling enough, I guess. Especially that this 'news item' was released after the album leak...
----

I am awake"
03.06.2011 - 08:59
Rating: 9
Kub
This album is getting lambasted on the internet, but so far, after 3 listenings, I still like it. I'm not sure why so many metal fans get so worked up about bands using drum machines and samples, we're not in 80s anymore for fuck's sake.
03.06.2011 - 11:04
Rating: 2
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 03.06.2011 at 00:05

I was hoping to be open minded and be the person that likes this, thinking that maybe everyone is upset because this is morbid angel and not some unknown band. But it fucking sucks. There are the songs that sound like they are made for mtv and the death metal tracks that I think some people have said are decent, but I don't care for those either. I think the biggest problem with those tracks is David Vincent's vocals...he sucks now. Even Beauty meets beast seemed like it would be a decent track and then he starts whispering like a fag.

Completely agreed. I feel bad for the fans who pre-ordered that special edition box set which cost like $100 or something... before the sample clips leaked
03.06.2011 - 13:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Kub on 03.06.2011 at 08:59

This album is getting lambasted on the internet, but so far, after 3 listenings, I still like it. I'm not sure why so many metal fans get so worked up about bands using drum machines and samples, we're not in 80s anymore for fuck's sake.

Well, it's a real drummer that plays on this album. He's called Tim Yeung, and does indeed sound like a machine Quite a change with Pete Sandoval's drumming - for the worse.
----

I am awake"

Hits total: 47360 | This month: 114