05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 7 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2091 users
08.06.2011 - 23:30
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
I'm off to purify my hears, wherever I have them.
09.06.2011 - 00:16
Rating: 6
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Okies, I finally heard this album for the first time today. lol On one hand, Im pleasantly surprised that the album overall, isnt as bad as I had been expecting, due to the very negative nature of most of the comments on here. But then on the other, I was frankly stunned (and not in a good way) by the album's more experimental moments. To start with, "Too Extreme!" is by far the worst song Morbid Angel have ever recorded, and maybe the worst ever associated with a classic death metal band. I don't mind experimentation (hell, I love Cathedral's "The Guessing Game"!), but this song is just abysmal. It starts off with a deceptively good riff, but everything that comes afterwards wouldn't be out of place on a techno/rave album, vocals aside. Really awful stuff.

The other experimental songs arent quite as mind numbing as that one, but I actually fell asleep listening to "Radikult". Elsewhere, "Blades For Baal" is a really awesome MA song in my eyes, and definitely the best on the album. This is just how I want MA to sound like! "10 More Dead" is a bit more modern, but not too experimental, and is another song on the album I love. xD

On one hand, Im disappointed with the album, because after such a long wait for new material, for half of the album to be terrible or average really isn't good enough. On the other hand, I was expecting to hear nothing good on the album after what some here have said, so I was happy that some of the album I enjoyed. Oh, and Tim Yeung does sound like a drum machine!
09.06.2011 - 12:41
Rating: 8
Bizzaremifo

I´m not sure what´s the problem here???? for example i like song I Am Morbid.... i think it´s quite good album, but note I was never a big fan of this band...but still i don´t understand such a low ratings ... yes, some songs have industrial metal influencies , that´s the problem there too, it´s a disturbing element ... especially when they played pure death metal ... but how I said, it´s average album with few good songs
09.06.2011 - 22:53
Rating: 4
Mad Mike

I constantly try to defend ''new albums by old bands'', but not even I can defend this one... what the fuck, guys?
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
10.06.2011 - 01:00
BloodFireDeath

I enjoyed this album. Almost as much as watching all you metal hipsters hate on this album.
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
10.06.2011 - 01:07
BloodFireDeath

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.06.2011 at 00:05

Written by Daniell on 06.06.2011 at 22:31

Woah, so many low ratings. I suppose "Too Extreme!" did that

But seriously, minus "Too Extreme!", "Radikult" and "Destructhos versus some shit slash some bullshit" this album is actually pretty decent. Two songs, "I am Morbid" and "10 More Dead" delicately skim the surface of excellence, and a few more are quite decent: "Nevermore", "Blades for Baal", "Beauty Meets Beast".

But, as it is in vogue this day and age, most people listened to the album once (if that), remembered the new adventurous tracks that obviously stand out, and rushed to bash the album. Listening done fast, superficially, hastily (so many other albums to download!!!), without proper attention that Morbid Angel deserve just for the sole fact that their 3 first albums are metal masterpieces. What can you remember from 1 listen? Fuck all, is what I say. But it's oh so tempting to jump the bandwagon and start the fucking bash carnival, blind as a bat and deaf as a 2x4.

Agreed. I enjoyed the album quite a bit. It was a fun listen. I think another thing is that people were expecting another cheap copy of blessed are the sick or for Trey to tread ground he has already done. It was a creative evolution. Now my vote is kind of rediculous, but the band deserves a 9 just because they earn the extra point because they did something new instead of wallowing in their own piss and vomit like other bands (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth). Emperor completely changed from their first album to their last. Would you have liked it if they just re-released in the nightside eclipse every two years with different album art? No way. Also another thing was that most people were so caught up in the hype for this album that they didn't think with their heads. They expected a cd from the vaults of Xerxes that gave free blow jobs and pudding and since it didn't do that they feel that they should hate it as much as they can.
----
10.06.2011 - 01:08
BloodFireDeath

Written by Guest on 06.06.2011 at 23:28

I'm currently listening to the track 'Too Extreme!' and frankly, I can name 100 bands more extreme than this song.

My dick is more extreme than you. Haha
----
10.06.2011 - 01:09
BloodFireDeath

Written by Tatras on 08.06.2011 at 13:05

Guys, go listen to Nader Sadek and Hate Eternal, and forget about this crap. New Origin is masterpiece to.

Hate Eternal is average and the new origin is a bland butter sandwich.
----
10.06.2011 - 01:10
BloodFireDeath

Written by Guest on 07.06.2011 at 01:15

Well, I almost gave it a 1. I gave it a 3 because of a number of half-decent redeemable moments. Most of the album, however, was terrible beyond belief (particularly Too Extreme!, which was ironically a little too cute). Maybe I'm suffering from the idea that I'm just a fanboy and I can't be objective. I just get the feeling that I don't understand the record at all. It just feels...so un-Morbid Angel. But maybe that's what they were trying to do...Expect a few listens before final evaluation.

You misused the word objective.
----
10.06.2011 - 01:11
BloodFireDeath

Written by Guest on 07.06.2011 at 05:44

I'd like to kill myself and then kill myself again in the afterlife. I feel both confused and betrayed.

Go ahead. See how that works for you.
----
10.06.2011 - 01:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'm not sure what the fuck hipsters have to do with anything here, but continue spamming away and we won't be seeing you here much longer.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.06.2011 - 01:27
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by BloodFireDeath on 10.06.2011 at 01:08

Written by Guest on 06.06.2011 at 23:28

I'm currently listening to the track 'Too Extreme!' and frankly, I can name 100 bands more extreme than this song.

My dick is more extreme than you. Haha

Oh yeah, great comeback there, Dane Cook.
10.06.2011 - 01:34
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Written by BloodFireDeath on 10.06.2011 at 01:10

Written by Guest on 07.06.2011 at 01:15

Bla bla bla what I said

You misused the word objective.

Not really. There are lots of opinions on the meaning of objectivity (read BitterCOld's post on objective reviews if you haven't already). In fact, some words have extremely long histories to them -- just read Nietzsche's discussion of morality, for example. They change context over different cultures and within cultures themselves. For myself (and a couple others, I might add), there is a certain definition of objectivity in which one only sees the flaws and does not recognize the merits of the album. I'm having a really difficult time finding the merits of this record simply because my past experience with Morbid Angel is interfering with my judgment. That is what I'm trying to get at in clearer terms.

I'm not against band evolution (ie I accepted the new Cynic album, Emperor albums, etc.), but I still find that all the experiments here produce less-than-impressive results, with the death metal tracks being just average tunes. But like I said, I'm trying to listen to the album while I'm in different moods so I can better determine what the album is worth. Stop spamming please.
10.06.2011 - 06:58
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Written by BloodFireDeath on 10.06.2011 at 01:11

Written by Guest on 07.06.2011 at 05:44

I'd like to kill myself and then kill myself again in the afterlife. I feel both confused and betrayed.

Go ahead. See how that works for you.

I'am currently transmitting this message from beyond the second grave. Album still sucks!
10.06.2011 - 07:52
Rating: 3
Tatras

Written by BloodFireDeath on 10.06.2011 at 01:09

Written by Tatras on 08.06.2011 at 13:05

Guys, go listen to Nader Sadek and Hate Eternal, and forget about this crap. New Origin is masterpiece to.

Hate Eternal is average and the new origin is a bland butter sandwich.

Said guy who rated new MA 9/10. Funny.
10.06.2011 - 14:18
garmling
Account deleted
People who like and defend this album are the ones who bought it and now they need to somehow approve their wasted money!
this is absolute garbage!!! I tried to listen this a couple of times (and I'm open minded, I like Marilyn Manson music too!) and from the first song it's tormenting feeling..."Too Extreme!" is like someone hammering me in the head and I just want to stop it...and when I think it's finally over, after break, hammering continues...no other way then to skip it! "Existo Vulgore" and "Blades for Baal" are nice songs but awfully sterile, and lacks balls cuz of horrible triggered drum production, especially on bass drums..."Nevermore" has that same problem, but song overall is well written (reminds me of "Domination") and is the best song here imo..."10 More Dead" is 2nd best song here, reminds me of "Where the Slime Lives" but lacks its heaviness..."Beauty Meets Beast" is interesting but boring song..."I am Morbid" is some sort of Morbid Angel anthem, and it's not so bad, but it only lacks one crucial thing, a true Morbid Angel songwriting and that is unforgivable! "Radikult" is Marilyn Manson rip off...damn, does Morbid Angel need to copy/paste any other band on planet? Marilyn Manson is much better in this sort of music, has much better lyrics and I see him laughing his ass off on this song "Destructos vs..." and "Profundis-Mea Culpa" are the same shitty hammering like "Too Extreme!" if not even worse...so in the end we have 2 actually good songs, 3-4 pretty sterile and boring songs and 4 absolutely awful songs...damn, even for a newcomer band this is bad and not for such legendary band as is Morbid Angel...the absolute failure of 2011!!!
10.06.2011 - 14:36
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 10.06.2011 at 14:18

People who like and defend this album are the ones who bought it and now they need to somehow approve their wasted money!
"Too Extreme!" is like someone hammering me in the head and I just want to stop it...and when I think it's finally over, after break, hammering continues...no other way then to skip it!

I bought it, and I don't think it's so very bad, so your argument makes sense
"Too Extreme!" is the worst metal (assuming it's metal) song ever, hands down.

"Existo Vulgore" and "Blades for Baal" are nice songs but awfully sterile, and lacks balls cuz of horrible triggered drum production, especially on bass drums..

I actually think that the sound of drums is the best part of the album

."Beauty Meets Beast" is interesting but boring song...

so what is it? It can't be interesting and boring at the same time...
After +10 listens I decided to lower my rating.
10.06.2011 - 15:28
garmling
Account deleted
Quote:

."Beauty Meets Beast" is interesting but boring song...

so what is it? It can't be interesting and boring at the same time...
After +10 listens I decided to lower my rating.

well it has some interesting parts/riffs, but overall they are wasted, in a manner of spoiled good idea...and in the end I feel bored by it...
10.06.2011 - 21:09
Rating: 8
Metal George

I like this album. There are only 3 bad tracks. The other 8 are great. Tracks 1, 7, and 10 are the worst. Track 1 is just the intro.
11.06.2011 - 12:13
Rating: 4
Destructo

Except "Blades For Baal".....this is pretty much one of the worst albums ever produced !!!
11.06.2011 - 17:09
Rating: 7
vlad-

Good album.. even the 'bad' songs don't get close to making my ears bleed
12.06.2011 - 04:53
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Sorry but I'm not gonna waste my money on this piece of... *ehm* art.
Don't get me wrong. I always appreciate when bands dare to explore new territories in their music but this one sounds like a weird mixture between death metal that sounds neither brutal nor technical and industrial metal that doesn't sound catchy...
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
12.06.2011 - 08:01
Rating: 3
a MasT

.....Ew. I'm surprised some people are supportive of this....But I shouldn't be......
12.06.2011 - 17:46
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Written by a MasT on 12.06.2011 at 08:01

.....Ew. I'm surprised some people are supportive of this....But I shouldn't be......

I'm equally surprised.
12.06.2011 - 23:39
metlfan

It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. am i disappointed that i've waited 8 years for something that doesn't compare to blessed or covenant? Absolutely but i'm not just going to start slamming soomething just because it's not what i expected. i'm all for people trying something different but industrial just isn't for them (i'm pretty sure the industrial sound is pretty much david vincent's doing since he was in genitortures after MA, he just wanted to try something new). the songs existo and 10 more dead are about as good as it gets but blades of baal and nevermore aren't bad songs either. all in all it's a decent album but that's just my opinion but if you don't like it then don't listen to it and if you haven't heard it then give it a listen and come to your own conclusion.
14.06.2011 - 14:14
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

On account of some of these comments i really should listen to the new album! I'm intriguedXD
Also due to the fact im seeing them as main support for motorhead at bloodstock open air...so if this album isnt as good as i thought it would be, then i guess they will make up for it by doing a stunning live performance:)
16.06.2011 - 04:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"MORBID "clappity clap" MORBID "clappity clap" MORBID "clappity clap""

Easily the highlight of the album.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.06.2011 - 13:42
Rating: 1
vivialeza

These album sucks
29.06.2011 - 21:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Shit do we really need this kind of track reviews?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.06.2011 - 22:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I've listened to some of the stuff on this album and imo it's absolutely hilarious

we're marching.. destructos, marching on!

Hits total: 47304 | This month: 58