05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 8 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2091 users
30.06.2011 - 19:51
sandra2

I love it!
01.07.2011 - 02:14
John Shock

...yeah i catch the "thing" of this album...i don't know why so many low rates...
07.07.2011 - 15:20
Blasphemer1992

Fuck it's horrible !!
07.07.2011 - 15:21
Blasphemer1992

Written by vivialeza on 27.06.2011 at 13:42

These album sucks

Man I fully agree with you ...
18.07.2011 - 08:42
Rating: 5
BrokenWrench5834

Remember those classics first 4 albums? They were indeed very good. And then Steve Tucker came.. and "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" was fairly descent to say despite the vocals not being as good. And then "Gateways to Annihilation" came out and I have to say that I was actually pretty impressed with that album. But then that era ended with "Heretic" which probably had to be their worst release yet......UNTIL THIS ALBUM CAME OUT!

Why am I ranting on this? Because alienating fans sucks! I was getting over that new "Craptopsy" album, and then I ended up having to try getting over this. But why is this so alienating? Because of the industrial style it gained. Now I didn't mind the influence that Sepultura got when they came out with "Arise" and "Chaos A.D."...but these guys went as far as to create industrial songs! That's just crossing the line!

So how are the songs? Actually I will admit that this album isn't totally awful. There are some good songs on this album. If you are wanting "Morbid Angel" songs, I would advise songs like "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast", "Existo Vulgore", "Blades of Baal", and maybe "10 More Dead." Everything else you might as well just avoid because they are very bad attempts at industrial metal songs. If any songs I can definitely advise avoiding, it'd be "Radikult" and "Destructor Vs. The Earth- Attack." These songs are horrid because of how not only terrible it is, but it also gets stuck in your head! AND THEY GO ON FOR OVER SEVEN MINUTES!

Overall, I don't think that this album is "as bad" as most people would claim it to be... but it is still a disappointment. I would give it a 5/10, because half of it is good and the other half of it is bad. Just save your money by just downloading the descent songs on something like iTunes.
20.07.2011 - 16:49
Rating: 2
drdml

3 people voted 10!
WTF is wrong with them.
worst album i've ever heard.
05.08.2011 - 02:38
Pathetic... sound like David Vincent's goth bitch wife wrote this album.

And they should be punished for crimes against humanity with this atrocity.
10.09.2011 - 16:39
fabregassed
Account deleted
I've found myself enjoying this quite a bit recently
10.09.2011 - 17:41
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.09.2011 at 16:39

Found you out, rogue. This will go to your resume...a shame it had to end this way...
10.09.2011 - 18:39
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 16.06.2011 at 04:15

"MORBID "clappity clap" MORBID "clappity clap" MORBID "clappity clap""

Easily the highlight of the album.

You forgot "KILL A COP COP KILL A COP KILL A KILL A KILL A COP"
10.09.2011 - 18:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 10.09.2011 at 18:39

It's actually "Killer Cult" But I think you knew that already
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.09.2011 - 19:37
Vombatus
Potorro
So I checked this out today. At first I thought I might be a bit determined by all it was said about it... until I clicked "play".

Now I'm not a huge MA fan but I was seriously overwhelmed by the amount of shit I was confronted to. Horrible guitars, pathetic triggered drumming and the most retard vocals I heard since the "elephant black metal". The mix is bad (those "vocals" are too loud) and the songwritting is even worse.
Music itself is not only bad... It's also annoying, painfull, it goes beyond subjectivity... fuck

I usually don't give a shit about lyrics but damn, I feel the need to do it here. I think everyone realised how stupid they are (we're too extreme woooooow) but the best thing is the misheard parts people are coming up with.... just laughed my ass off to that "Norbit!Norbit!Norbit!" at the beginning of I Am Morbid.
10.09.2011 - 19:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.09.2011 at 17:41

Found you out, rogue. This will go to your resume...a shame it had to end this way...

Then you'll have to fire me as well. I've been enjoying some songs on this album, namely Blades For Baal, Nevermore, ExistoVulgore, I Am Morbid, and Destructos. Will you choose to be a cruel tyrant for me expressing my beliefs? Only time will tell.
10.09.2011 - 20:45
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.09.2011 at 19:50

Then you'll have to fire me as well. I've been enjoying some songs on this album, namely Blades For Baal, Nevermore, ExistoVulgore, I Am Morbid, and Destructos. Will you choose to be a cruel tyrant for me expressing my beliefs? Only time will tell.

You're dead to me.
10.09.2011 - 20:55
Void Eater
Account deleted
You can't kill me. Who do you think I am, a cop?
11.09.2011 - 02:33
fabregassed
Account deleted

I've been a bad, bad boy.. How will you punish me?
11.09.2011 - 05:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

I'm still baffled by that song. I find it really strange that the "KILL A COP" is almost whispered over an almost generic jazzy beat. Soooooo weird.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.09.2011 - 09:43
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by LeChron James on 11.09.2011 at 05:45

I'm still baffled by that song. I find it really strange that the "KILL A COP" is almost whispered over an almost generic jazzy beat. Soooooo weird.

well, killer cult killer killer cult cult... but close enough.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.09.2011 - 12:43
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.09.2011 at 02:33

I've been a bad, bad boy.. How will you punish me?

Written by Guest on 10.09.2011 at 20:55

You can't kill me. Who do you think I am, a cop?

"Before death came, the liars were made to feast upon the hands of the thieves, and the thieves were made to ingest the tongues of their liar brothers, and we praised the Master Builder for his judgements." -The Hammer Book of Tenets
24.09.2011 - 23:17
Kenos
Account deleted
This album is so sucky and shitty that I want to buy it.
03.10.2011 - 00:09
John Shock

Written by Guest on 24.09.2011 at 23:17

This album is so sucky and shitty that I want to buy it.

WTF?
03.10.2011 - 00:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by John Shock on 03.10.2011 at 00:09
WTF?

Masochists.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.10.2011 - 00:18
John Shock

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.10.2011 at 00:13

Written by John Shock on 03.10.2011 at 00:09
WTF?

Masochists.

To options, or your're rich and like to spend money on shit or your poor and your mind can't understand the situatios of the problem, what i mean is, i don't know why Morbid Angel pooped on our faces and make an album like this crap!
03.10.2011 - 00:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by John Shock on 03.10.2011 at 00:18
i don't know why Morbid Angel pooped on our faces and make an album like this crap!

All I know is that 5 you gave it is a hell of a lot more generous than what I gave it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.10.2011 - 00:27
John Shock

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.10.2011 at 00:20

Written by John Shock on 03.10.2011 at 00:18
i don't know why Morbid Angel pooped on our faces and make an album like this crap!

All I know is that 5 you gave it is a hell of a lot more generous than what I gave it.

Because I like some songs, but the more i listen the lower the rating is, look, my inicial rate was 7, now it's in 5! And now i'm listening to the best songs of the album, to see what's happen next!
03.10.2011 - 00:59
RavenKing

"Too Extreme" is the only song I heard and it's more than enough.
There's no word to describe how bad this shit sucks.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.10.2011 - 02:18
Rating: 6
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 03.10.2011 at 00:59

That song is truly awful, but thankfully the whole album isn't like that.
03.10.2011 - 03:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.10.2011 at 02:18
That song is truly awful, but thankfully the whole album isn't like that.

It's enough like that though. That's the problem.
----
03.10.2011 - 03:29
Mattybu

Written by RavenKing on 03.10.2011 at 00:59

I'm pretty sure the worst song you can hear first has to be Radikult It's almost embarassing just to be listening to it.
03.10.2011 - 04:07
Void Eater
Account deleted
Radikult>Too Extreme,Ten More Dead, and Beauty Meets Beast. Which is not to say that Radikult is any good; simply that the three other songs redefine awful, especially Beauty Meets Beast. Some people say that the aformentioned song is one of the highlights of the album. I don't get it, it's quite possibley the most boring death metal song I've ever heard. The entire song sounds like an overlong buildup that never goes anywhere.

Hits total: 47296 | This month: 50