‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 46  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by tulkas on 13.08.2006 at 07:24
Well, the other day I was listening to some Sonata Arctica songs and reading some lyrics, so it came to my mind that in some way this man is just amazing. For me, he´s one of the best singers (even though he´s said he could use some singing classes), and also is one hell of a writer. The lyrics he´s written are just incredible, specially the ones for the ballads.
So, I just wanted to see what opinions you may have about him, if you agree with me or not, and why. cheers

Page 2 of 2

Valaskjalf
TheImperturbable

31.10.2008 at 15:13
Dont agree completely with the original poster's comment....I think Tony is a fantastic singer, YES, but his lyrics are SHIT. Seriously often it doesnt make any sense if you as listener has half a grasp of the English language. My girlfriend and I often chuckle at this especially "While you are sleeping, I steal ur ear ring"..I mean wtf kinda dumb lyrics are that? lol Be that as it may, Im sure my Finnish sucks way more than his English so I give him that...still good vocalist though.
----
IF THE MILK IS SOUR...I AINT THE KINDA PUSSY TO DRINK IT
Hrothdane

16.11.2008 at 14:07
Written by Valaskjalf on 31.10.2008 at 15:13

Dont agree completely with the original poster's comment....I think Tony is a fantastic singer, YES, but his lyrics are SHIT. Seriously often it doesnt make any sense if you as listener has half a grasp of the English language. My girlfriend and I often chuckle at this especially "While you are sleeping, I steal ur ear ring"..I mean wtf kinda dumb lyrics are that? lol Be that as it may, Im sure my Finnish sucks way more than his English so I give him that...still good vocalist though.

I'm not the only one who thinks that!? I have so many "wtf?" moments when I'm listening to the lyrics too closely ("what was a bad joke is now a reality show"...what?).

I actually was kind of put off by his singingthe first time I heard Sonata, but after listened to them more his voice really grew on me.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
thedreamwalker

19.11.2008 at 04:53
Written by Valaskjalf on 31.10.2008 at 15:13

Really? He's got some engrishy type stuff now and again, but he's a born poet. In the lyrics to Kingdom for a heart, he makes reference to both the My kingdom for a horse quote and the wizard of oz. He also gives us this amazing gem:
"I have a hole where I should have a heart
I'm made of wood, I'm falling apart"

That's poetry right there. He's not fucking around with dungeons and dragons and other trite cliche power metal stuff.
----
The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance.
BestMetalstormer

19.11.2008 at 15:56
His voice makes him be the best male vocalist in music. I just comment on the vocal not the lyric.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.