Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Gus G. To Guest On New Kamelot CD

Guitar phenom Gus G (Ozzy Osbourne, Firewind) has added his signature style and soloing to one of Kamelot's new songs that will appear on the band's upcoming CD.

Kamelot guitarist Youngblood comments: "Gus and I have been talking about working together for a few years now, I first met Gus when Dream Evil played with us on the Japanese Tour in a few years back. Since then Gus' band Firewind has toured with us in Europe and Japan and we have become great friends. I have always thought Gus' style was very special and very unique, its really great to have him on the new album!"

Gus G. adds: "Kamelot is a very unique band with a sound of their own and I've always liked them. To be invited to play on their new album is an honor and jamming on their track was a lot of fun. During the time our bands toured Japan and all over Europe together, Thomas and I became good friends. I have great memories from being on the road with the guys and I'm glad I contributed to their new album."

Kamelot is coming off of a hugely successful European Tour and will be playing several major Festivals this Summer before kicking off their North American Tour. More news about the new Kamelot CD coming soon, including more special guests, video news and more.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 19.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 120 users
19.05.2010 - 13:39
Enissa

When the hell is that album coming out??? I cant wait any longer...
19.05.2010 - 15:06
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Enissa on 19.05.2010 at 13:39

Here it says "June", but that's old. Roy said during the Oslo concert that it will most likely be released around AUGUST.

It's the same thing that happened with Ghost Opera, it was supposed to be released December 2006, but didn't came out till 6 months later...

Well worth the wait!
19.05.2010 - 18:06
Legendary

Two of my favorite artist working together
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
20.05.2010 - 00:47
opeth771

OMG Gus G is awesome, this is going to be sick!
20.05.2010 - 05:35
MetalSpider

Can't wait for the new album!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.05.2010 - 05:39
Symmachus

This seems like an appropriate pairing.
20.05.2010 - 10:06
warrior_of_ice

Gus G. working hard again. Hope some new Firewind follows shortly!
21.05.2010 - 13:04
Enissa

Written by Itoc on 19.05.2010 at 15:06

Here it says "June", but that's old. Roy said during the Oslo concert that it will most likely be released around AUGUST.

It's the same thing that happened with Ghost Opera, it was supposed to be released December 2006, but didn't came out till 6 months later...

Well worth the wait!

well, ur right, they haven't say what label will release the album, and the tracklist, artwork.....
but I just want to know what's the title!!!!
21.05.2010 - 14:35
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Enissa on 21.05.2010 at 13:04

Well worth the wait!

well, ur right, they haven't say what label will release the album, and the tracklist, artwork.....

Unsure about the label yeah... Hope they get a caring label!

If you went to a concert you might've already seen what the artwork looked like. Or you can check out some of the bloog pictures from the official site. It looks like "two robot-ish/mechanical girls (actually I think it's a man and a women) making a weird hug" :p But it looks awesome, gives me a more "The Black Halo" feeling

Also I think (!) the tittle might be something about or simply "Pandemonium" (meaning "chaos in heaven" or similar). I'm not sure, but as you know Kamelot have always picked names that have a broad theme or has some kind of myth or some mystical theme into it. AND Kamelot have always used the album tittle as their touring tittle, like: "Pandemonium Over Europe 2010", "Summer Pandemonium 2010".

All in all it'll be an awesome release! Kamelot never fails, no matter what direction or change. Long live Kamelot!
22.05.2010 - 15:45
Enissa

Written by Itoc on 21.05.2010 at 14:35

Written by Enissa on 21.05.2010 at 13:04

Well worth the wait!

Unsure about the label yeah... Hope they get a caring label!

If you went to a concert you might've already seen what the artwork looked like. Or you can check out some of the bloog pictures from the official site. It looks like "two robot-ish/mechanical girls (actually I think it's a man and a women) making a weird hug" :p But it looks awesome, gives me a more "The Black Halo" feeling

Also I think (!) the tittle might be something about or simply "Pandemonium" (meaning "chaos in heaven" or similar). I'm not sure, but as you know Kamelot have always picked names that have a broad theme or has some kind of myth or some mystical theme into it. AND Kamelot have always used the album tittle as their touring tittle, like: "Pandemonium Over Europe 2010", "Summer Pandemonium 2010".

All in all it'll be an awesome release! Kamelot never fails, no matter what direction or change. Long live Kamelot!

Thanks for the report dude, yeah I've seen the artwork, its kinda cool.... hope the album will be too//
23.05.2010 - 22:49
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Very nice. I cant wait to hear their new stuff and see how's it gonna end up.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 2674 | This month: 4