Metal Storm logo
Meshuggah - Guitarist Recording New Solo Album

Meshuggah guitarist Fredrik Thordendal recently began recording material for his second album (the first as Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects in 1997). The effort will likely be available later this year.

Among those contributing to the album is Soilwork drummer Dirk Verbeuren, who has issued the followed regarding his participation: "What a dream come true! Fredrik has been very supportive of my career for many years in many ways, and I respect him immensely both as a musician and songwriter. It was huge for Scarve to be asked to open for Meshuggah and we've been in touch ever since. When Fredrik asked me to be a part of the second Special Defects record, I just couldn't believe it! Now that I have the Soilwork album under my belt, it's exciting to dive into a completely different challenge where my drum parts will be based on improvisation more than anything else."

Source: lambgoat.com
Band profile: Meshuggah
Posted: 19.05.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 70 users
19.05.2010 - 18:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Hopefully it will be as good as the first... but that was a long time ago.
19.05.2010 - 22:29
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I've noticed that a lot of guitarists are doing solo stuff these days. Can someone say shred-revival.
20.05.2010 - 00:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I didn't know Fred had been making solo albums...shred revival eh...I like it...more guitarists from other bands should be taking heir hands at releasing solo albums...
20.05.2010 - 02:48
DahliaRock

Sol Niger Within is still one of my favorites til this day, it's hard to not love that album. Hope this one will be as fresh and crazy as that
20.05.2010 - 05:12
Got Mayhem?

Hell yea! The first opus was crazy, hopefully this one will be as mind-bending as well! Really looking forward to this one.
----
20.05.2010 - 05:38
Symmachus

Hey, great news! It has been a while since Fredrik Thordendal has released a solo album. Sweet.
20.05.2010 - 06:09
Rupert

Written by Paradox0 on 19.05.2010 at 22:29

I've noticed that a lot of guitarists are doing solo stuff these days. Can someone say shred-revival.

Luckily Fredrik's not a masturbatory guitarist. So count me out on saying *****-*******.
21.05.2010 - 14:12
diogobarbosa90

Waiting for this
19.09.2010 - 00:07
Stagzx'89

Hits total: 3707 | This month: 4