Metal Storm logo
Dutch Doom Days - First Names For 2010 Announced

This ninth edition will feature Hooded Menace, Desire, Fall Of The Idols amongst others. As usual the festival will be a stage for new and emerging talent (locally bred) as well as for bigger established acts within the doom genre.

The festival will be held on November 6 and 7 and will once again host around fifteen bands. The first names that have been announced are Hooded Menace (Finland, first show in the BeNeLux), Desire (Portugal), Fall Of The Idols (Finland), Iron Hearse (England), and Evadne (Spain).
Former organiser Pim Blankenstein has been quoted saying: "Also for the upcoming edition of the world's longest running doom festival the first bands announced are finger licking good. Variation within the doom genre is enormous and, once again, we will try to feature as many subgenres as possible.
What about the debut on Duch soil of the Finnish Hooded Menace and the return of the Portuguese Desire, who already made a huge impression during the second edition in 2003?
During the first weekend of November Rotterdam will once again confirm its "name" Rotterdoom and tremble on its foundation due to all the heavy tunes.

Event: Dutch Doom Days IX
Posted: 20.05.2010 by Marcel Hubregtse

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 115 users
20.05.2010 - 14:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The first five names bode well for the rest of the line-up
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2010 - 18:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good bands, good line up, maybe I shood study trains , maybe there is way from Goteburg to Roterdam whit train
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.05.2010 - 18:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Dude the Portuguese Desire? That's freaking awesome! And ditto for Hooded Menace of course.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2010 - 20:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 20.05.2010 at 18:32

Dude the Portuguese Desire?

Are there any other Desire's? I only know the portugues one
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2010 - 20:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 20.05.2010 at 18:12

Good bands, good line up, maybe I shood study trains , maybe there is way from Goteburg to Roterdam whit train

If you can get to Copenhagen, it's easy cause then there is a night train direct to Utrecht.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2010 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I can take train Narvik-Goteburg who stops in Lulea (sleep), maybe plain Kallix-Arlanda-Goteburg , and there shood be way get to Kopenhagen from Goteburg since its closse , I ask my mothers BF, but I dunno how it be, depends of my job and incomes
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.05.2010 - 21:59
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.05.2010 at 20:25

Written by Lucas on 20.05.2010 at 18:32

Dude the Portuguese Desire?

Are there any other Desire's? I only know the portugues one

According to Metal Archives, there are 6 bands called Desire. I only know the portuguese and the finish ones, both great in their style. Desire is one of the best portuguese metal bands
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
20.05.2010 - 22:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dark Forever on 20.05.2010 at 21:59

According to Metal Archives, there are 6 bands called Desire. I only know the portuguese and the finish ones, both great in their style. Desire is one of the best portuguese metal bands

Yeah I saw that there are 6, but somehow I only know the Portuguese one and it is indeed one of the best Portuguese bands. But imo the best is still Process Of Guilt.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2010 - 00:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Glad the Portuguese are represented.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.05.2010 - 03:16
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Seems like a good lineup so far, Desire and Evadne would surely be bands I'd enjoy live. Unfortunately my chances for attending for the 2nd year in a row are probably small, but at least seeing who is in the lineup will give me some hints as to some bands I need to check out more.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.05.2010 - 05:54
Symmachus

I haven't heard of most of those bands, but want to check them out indeed. I've heard some stuff by Fall of the Idols, and I enjoy it.

Hits total: 3302 | This month: 3