Metal Storm logo
Sodom - US Tour Cancelled Due To Visa Issues

German thrash legends Sodom have cancelled their upcoming US tour.

The band's statement reads as follows: "Due to solid problems with our local tour promoter and getting our Visa in time, we are forced to cancel the upcoming shows. We already had our suitcases packed and were ready to go. We are awfully sorry to take these steps, but everybody acquainted with the entering provisions of the USA knows what we're talking about. We are deeply disappointed by this situation, but in the end there's the awareness, that not everything is done to our entire satisfaction.

We are "only" the musicians, who would have loved to rock the USA again. We owe this to our fans, even more because we made ourselves scarce in the US since the foundation of this band, of course through no fault of our own. The one who botched this up will have to be confronted with the local organizers and club owners and account for his faults.

We surely will catch up on these shows as soon as possible, which we especially owe to our fans. In the end, this set of problems redounds upon us, because we're in the front line and have to be answerable to our fans. I hope we didn't lose too many fans due to this mess, but all people who know us are aware of the fact, that we would do anything for our fans. The risk of being forbidden to enter the USA for 10 years or even getting arrested is too high. We hope for your understanding and keep you informed about the latest facts."

In other news, Sodom recently completed their forthcoming DVD, Lords Of Depravity Part 2.

Source: sodomized.info
Band profile: Sodom
Posted: 21.05.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 107 users
21.05.2010 - 11:35
TerminusEst88

I was just conversing with a friend about this...I figured as much. USA be damned! They keep my favorite bands out too often.
21.05.2010 - 18:13
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Its not exactly the US' fault, their damn tour manager should have made sure that all the arrangements were made and that all paper work was in order, and he definitively should have known that it takes some time to acquire a visa. But all that shit aside its just a damn shame...
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
21.05.2010 - 19:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Sodom was one of the main reasons I was going to Deathfest to begin with...
21.05.2010 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
why OLD Europe counrtry who's NATO and EU part need fucking visa for enter in USA , seems ''Fuck the Police'' song scared all, ther eto many metal shows canceled because of fucking visa, Im glad I have EU passport and I can trevel, live, stay, work , in EU , it piss me of, just woundering how Outlaws MC Germany, Swedish, Polish(who was not EU member) bikers can go to Chikago in 2001 for Outlaws World Wide meeting, when Outlaws MC is in FBI survalance list and they made 3th biggest bomb explosion in USA history 1991 nera Hells henchemhnt club house and Harald ''Taco '' Bowman was in FBI top 10 wanted list ... Outlaws who's acording to FBA are criminal sidicate, mafia on wheels, can enter there, band can not?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2010 - 23:27
Symmachus

Written by Bad English on 21.05.2010 at 20:06

why OLD Europe counrtry who's NATO and EU part need fucking visa for enter in USA , seems ''Fuck the Police'' song scared all, ther eto many metal shows canceled because of fucking visa, Im glad I have EU passport and I can trevel, live, stay, work , in EU , it piss me of, just woundering how Outlaws MC Germany, Swedish, Polish(who was not EU member) bikers can go to Chikago in 2001 for Outlaws World Wide meeting, when Outlaws MC is in FBI survalance list and they made 3th biggest bomb explosion in USA history 1991 nera Hells henchemhnt club house and Harald ''Taco '' Bowman was in FBI top 10 wanted list ... Outlaws who's acording to FBA are criminal sidicate, mafia on wheels, can enter there, band can not?

That is a good point. However, there is that even on September 11, 2001 that happened, and that event gave security and the need thereof a boost in popularity. That would likely affect the visa and immigration method of doing things as well; for instance, the immigration officials would probably be more strict on letting people into America, especially considering that certain individuals from foreign nations would want to do terrorist acts on American soil.

But I do agree, it is very unfortunate that Sodom isn't going into the United States as planned.

Also, when you typed FBA, did you mean to talk about the FBI?
22.05.2010 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes FBI , all sounds same DEA, CIA, FBA, ATF

Yes but how and why Sodom shood live in USA, they are not from Uganda or Mongolia where life quality is werry hight and also thay are not terorists , this USA policy totaly sucks, they fould save more lifes and kill terorist if wont be so stupid, and well we shood not give Gay Z or Saggy visa for hip hop show in Europe, its be fair

Germany is USA friend there planty USA war bases in Germany .. RAMSHTEIN, Ger is NATO and support USA in war against terorists

KKK, War Skins, Hammer Skins , crips, bloods are more deasise how Sodom muisc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2010 - 00:09
Symmachus

What is up with all these bands not being allowed into the USA due to visa problems? I wasn't planning on seeing them, but this is inconvenient. The promoter must have sucked as well, though. I think it is nice how they say that they would do anything for their fans and would love to come to America.
22.05.2010 - 00:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Weeeeeeak. though its not really a surprise, the US wont even let Frost into the country.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.05.2010 - 00:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Symmachus on 21.05.2010 at 23:27

Written by Bad English on 21.05.2010 at 20:06

That is a good point. However, there is that even on September 11, 2001 that happened, and that event gave security and the need thereof a boost in popularity. That would likely affect the visa and immigration method of doing things as well; for instance, the immigration officials would probably be more strict on letting people into America, especially considering that certain individuals from foreign nations would want to do terrorist acts on American soil.

But I do agree, it is very unfortunate that Sodom isn't going into the United States as planned.

Also, when you typed FBA, did you mean to talk about the FBI?

You need a different visa for a regular visit to go to a onvention than if you wanna play live. Then you need some sort of temporary work permit.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2010 - 07:17
broken goddess

Most EU member citizens can enter the US without a visa, but in order to legally make money(ie touring) a work visa is required.

Manche EU Leute können ohne ein Visum die USA besuchen, aber wenn man Geld hier verdienen will, muss man ein Arbeitsvisum bekommen.
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
22.05.2010 - 10:12
FRIENDSHIP

Written by LeChron James on 22.05.2010 at 00:14

Weeeeeeak. though its not really a surprise, the US wont even let Frost into the country.

AAAAActually when I saw 1349 in San Francisco my buddy and I were researching the issue and fortunately Frost was able to get into the US as of 5/5/10...

Ha, too bad Europeans just don't come in illegally... gazillions of people gush in through our Southern border and people support them! Sodom wouldn't even have been taking advantage of the American welfare state! Ugh! Illegal immigration pisses me off!
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
22.05.2010 - 23:20
Nexus
Asshat
Are these guys EVER going to come to North America?
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
23.05.2010 - 07:11
trendkill-

Written by Nexus on 22.05.2010 at 23:20

Are these guys EVER going to come to North America?

i believe they are playing where i live in canada in august =]
24.05.2010 - 22:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by FRIENDSHIP on 22.05.2010 at 10:12

AAAAActually when I saw 1349 in San Francisco my buddy and I were researching the issue and fortunately Frost was able to get into the US as of 5/5/10...

Ha, too bad Europeans just don't come in illegally... gazillions of people gush in through our Southern border and people support them! Sodom wouldn't even have been taking advantage of the American welfare state! Ugh! Illegal immigration pisses me off!

really? i thought tony laureano or mads guilwhateverthefuckhislastnameis was still filling in for them. huh.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.05.2010 - 06:19
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Well that's awesome... ASide from US paranoia the country is depriving itself of some really great music. Once again "Go USA"....
----

Hits total: 6774 | This month: 4